Page 1203 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 20370311031153119311991200120112021203120412051206120712131253 ... LastLast
Results 18,031 to 18,045 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

Are they trying to turn Sheamus face?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    in these times, people want value for money , bang for their buck. unless brandi is doing a live strip show online , the people paying will feel ripped off and getting scammed.
    COurse, if you're stupid enough to pay 50 bucks for a discord channel you deserve to be scammed. It's not like Brandi is being dishonest about the content. She's telling you what you're getting... if you're dumb enough to pay 50 bucks for that, that's sort of on you.

Not that I'm not annoyed Brandi is doing this... seems like everything that sucks about AEW (and that's very very little) seems to be connected to Brandi in one form or another.

so guess they need some new ring ropes on smackdown. This retribution has a poor mans aces and eight feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so guess they need some new ring ropes on smackdown. This retribution has a poor mans aces and eight feel to it.
    It's sort of interesting that they are appearing on both RAW and Smackdown though. I think that fact along implies this angle is meant to be a big deal, as opposed to being some sort of mid card angle. They likely won't waste time on both brands with an angle which isn't theoretically main event level. Or at least that's what I would think.

Incredible Member

what exactly is the aim of 'retribution'. anarchy and chaos, there seemed at least 2 females in that group. smackdown was interesting this week. wtf at that bray/alexis segment, bliss is submissive now with the fiend pulling away, what does that mean. also ,a extremely rare heel vs heel match in sheamus v corbin

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sort of interesting that they are appearing on both RAW and Smackdown though. I think that fact along implies this angle is meant to be a big deal, as opposed to being some sort of mid card angle. They likely won't waste time on both brands with an angle which isn't theoretically main event level. Or at least that's what I would think.
    Are they NXT call ups or former "future endeavors" being rehired. Tonight looked like 3 males and 2 females, I believe?

Astonishing Member

Somebody had the great idea to have decoys , then replace them with the actual member when it's time to do the reveal. That way the identities remain a surprise til the last minute.

Ultimate Member

So far it seems like a less impressive version of the Nexus.

Incredible Member

might be more menacing if they have bigger dudes. instead , they looked like those ninjas that get dismantled by the hurt business on raw.

looks like rhea ripley might be involved in that triple brand match for no. 1 contender for bayley's belt.rhea hasn't been involved in the nxt women's belt since she lost it to flair at wrestlemania. only right she should be involved in bayley's belt. wonder who's the rest of the particants ..
    Last edited by marshal88; 08-08-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll blame Moolah for fucking up women's wrestling as a whole as that was the model WWE followed for decades. Say what you want about WWE having "ruined" women's wrestling but they had it at the very least. WCW and ECW had no women wrestling to speak of. Neither did TNA in their early years.
    sounds like giving credit for just having womens wrestling period

Honestly I never saw the big deal about the Karaoke contest thing. Yeah it was kinda stupid... but the male wrestlers from time to time have to do stupid stuff like that too. That segment could have easily been the New Day and the Usos or Miz/Morrison and no one would have bated an eye. But because it's women, it's a sign they're less progressive or whatever.

Wrestlers occasionally do stupid stuff on TV... and that includes AEW, WWE, and Impact. The fact that it's not gender specific is just a sign that things are getting more progressive.

But if we judge things as a whole, looking at not just the floor but the ceiling too, we're seeing a lot of good stuff with the women. Most of it happens to be on Impact and the WWE at the moment.
    it's not a big deal imo, however it's where wwe's past actions hurt them. it was reminiscent of the old bikini contests and dance offs and most don't want to go back to that.

Yeah, that's the thing. On a national level (in the US at least) there was basically no womans wrestling to F up.

WWE at least had it, though it was really really bad. But what the WWE DID do was create stars. Sunny, Sable, Chyna... they created women who legitimately became draws. Many of them couldn't actually wrestle well but were still put in matches, and I think that ultimately evolved into the womens wrestling we had today.

TNA deserves a lot of credit for womans wrestling (more than it usually gets), but even it probably wouldn't have had the Knock Out division it had if the WWE didn't keep womans wrestling alive on a national level for as long as it did.
    nah, unless you mean in a reactionary way. around 2004-2005 events like chickfight and shimmer started popping up BECAUSE they wanted to show womens wrestling was more than what we were seeing in wwe. those promotions and the women who put in the work there are what's responsible for the current scene more than sable, sunny and chyna. you're right about TNA though and they would've had an easier time getting the KO division where it was if not for the damage done by wwe.

shimmer started in late 2005, look at what wwe was doing at the time
    wwe ppv matches in 2005
    RAW's New Year's Revolution 2005: Women's World Title Match: Trish Stratus pinned Lita (3:47) to win the title
    Royal Rumble 2005:
    SmackDown's No Way Out 2005:
    WrestleMania 21:RAW Women's World Title Match: Trish Stratus pinned Christy Hemme (4:40) to retain the title
    Backlash 2005:
    SmackDown!'s WWE Judgement Day 2005:
    RAW's Vengeance 2005: Victoria pinned Christy Hemme (5:09)
    SmackDown's Great American Bash 2005:Bra and Panties Match: Melina defeated Torrie Wilson (5:00) in a "Bra and Panties" match. Candice Michelle was the special referee
    SummerSlam 2005:
    RAW's Unforgiven 2005:
    Women's World Title Match: Trish Stratus pinned Victoria (8:25) to retain the title
    WWE SmackDown's No Mercy 2005 Mixed Six-Man Tag Team Match: Road Warrior Animal/Heidenreich/Christy Hemme defeated Joey Mercury/Johnny Nitro/Melina (5:55)when Hemme pinned Melina
    RAW's Taboo Tuesday 2005:
    (SmackDown! vs. RAW), Women's World Title Match: Trish Stratus (RAW) pinned Melina (SmackDown!) (6:35) to retain the title
    SmackDown!'s WWE Armageddon 2005:

just a couple of notes, no match reached the 10min mark, and totally coincidental every woman that wrestled on PPV had breast implants(even the special guest ref)

so women's wrestling was evolving outside the wwe where it was still "piss break" stuff.

COurse, if you're stupid enough to pay 50 bucks for a discord channel you deserve to be scammed. It's not like Brandi is being dishonest about the content. She's telling you what you're getting... if you're dumb enough to pay 50 bucks for that, that's sort of on you.

Not that I'm not annoyed Brandi is doing this... seems like everything that sucks about AEW (and that's very very little) seems to be connected to Brandi in one form or another.
    i kind of feel sorry for brandi, she's not a good onscreen talent and behind the scenes i don't think anybody wants to tell her when her ideas are bad. i think her heart is in the right place for whatever that's worth.

Ultimate Member

I'm hoping that an NXT woman wins the battle royale.

I also hope Mandy vs. Sonya at Summerslam. A hair vs. hair match perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Are they NXT call ups or former "future endeavors" being rehired. Tonight looked like 3 males and 2 females, I believe?
    My guess is that once they're revealed, their angle will be that they're NXT guys pissed that they haven't been called up to RAW or Smackdown sooner.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Mighty Member

what exactly is the aim of 'retribution'. anarchy and chaos, there seemed at least 2 females in that group. smackdown was interesting this week. wtf at that bray/alexis segment, bliss is submissive now with the fiend pulling away, what does that mean. also ,a extremely rare heel vs heel match in sheamus v corbin
    Retribution seems to be based on Anti-Fa, which is either incredibly crass or disturbingly prescient. (With WWE, it could be either.)

I can imagine the creative process.

"Remember that sort of rightwing riff we did a few months back?"

"The Forgotten Sons? Yeah that did no go we*"

"I have been thinking..."

"Uh, that went badly. We had a neat PR disaster when one of them .."

"I know that. This time, we learn from that mistake."

"Got it. No politics."

"That is exactly what we are going to say!"

"So, we bring those guys back with new..."

"We do a left-wing riff, but less subtle. We destroy the set of the Performance Center. It will be such good ****! Fully realized bad publicity is great hype!"

As for Bliss/Wyatt, maybe they are going to make Wyatt a face?

I recalled hearing speculation that Wyatt was going to be a face, similar to Foley back in the 90s. ("He is not a bad guy, just damaged...")

After all the time WWE invested on making Bliss a face, it would make sense to use her as the instrument of Wyatt's turn. For the last few weeks, leading up to Cross' turn, Bliss was shown to be impossibly patient and kind. She was almost saintly. Along similar lines, her interactions with Cross were the clearest demonstration of Bliss being a face. (We can also assume that WWE is going to want at least one viable blonde face.)

Wyatt and Cross were both set on a dark path by anger over being denied "opportunities" (with both characters even using similar phrasing to described their grievances). And, Wyatt's gimmick seems to be restorative, rather than simply corrupting. (He has mostly "restored" heels. But, he also made Bryan a face.).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

So Booker just put Dixie Carter on blast for trying to get her milf on with the talent.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    So Booker just put Dixie Carter on blast for trying to get her milf on with the talent.
    Is the MILF thing true?

There’s been rumors about it for years but in the last few days, I’ve been reading more and more about it.