Page 1207 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 20770711071157119712031204120512061207120812091210121112171257 ... LastLast
Results 18,091 to 18,105 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Dom's beating even had Santos Escobar tweeting that they were gonna come get Seth, lol.
    mmmmmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    She's the winner of Titan Games, Emily Andzulis.
    thank you
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-12-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Starting to hear rumblings of AEW resurrecting the Four Horsemen. Then tonight they had Arn and Tully in the ring with FTR, the Young Bucks and the RnR express. Which ended with FTR spike piledriving Ricky Morton. Reminded me right before Tully Ric and Arn became the greatest faction ever. Magnum was cutting a promo on Tully who he was fueding with when out of the blue he is attacked by the Andersons who had no connection to Tully at the time besides all being heels. I have a feeling Cody would want to be in the faction but I would rather see them destroy him instead. He is a 'Rhodes' afterall that's what Horsemen do. Not sure who the other 2 members would be, MJF can rock the mic but then again maybe Pac because what made the Horsemen great was their exceptional workrate. Pac, MJF, FTR run by Tully and Arn would be sweet as protectors of old school wrestling and haters of what the elite stand for.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Starting to hear rumblings of AEW resurrecting the Four Horsemen. Then tonight they had Arn and Tully in the ring with FTR, the Young Bucks and the RnR express. Which ended with FTR spike piledriving Ricky Morton. Reminded me right before Tully Ric and Arn became the greatest faction ever. Magnum was cutting a promo on Tully who he was fueding with when out of the blue he is attacked by the Andersons who had no connection to Tully at the time besides all being heels. I have a feeling Cody would want to be in the faction but I would rather see them destroy him instead. He is a 'Rhodes' afterall that's what Horsemen do. Not sure who the other 2 members would be, MJF can rock the mic but then again maybe Pac because what made the Horsemen great was their exceptional workrate. Pac, MJF, FTR run by Tully and Arn would be sweet as protectors of old school wrestling and haters of what the elite stand for.

Unless AEW owns the trademark I can't see this happening. They will need a new name due to this. TNA years ago had to call their group managed by Ric Flair "Fortune" and do a weird 4 finger gesture because the WWE owned the name and likely gesture. Unless MLW owns the trademark or Steve Corino (he was the guy who came up with the name in Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling and MLW) to Xtreme Horsemen we could see it.

But yeah they will likely get a new name and group. FTR as 1st members makes sense. The other 2 will need be to well planned to work and fit the group.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

i'll pass on another 4 horseman regurgitation, i'd rather see something somewhat original.

i also have to say i'm very glad they put the womens cup on youtube, it's been pretty bad. if they're going to book nicole savoy as big swole's sidekick "little swole" i'd much rather it not be on tv. maybe it's not fair to say this but i just feel like brandie must be in charge of this thing.

Astonishing Member

Saw on some topic on youtube that Cody or Arn or Conrad Thompson (?) has the rights to the Four Horsemen name so it would be available to AEW but it would be daunting shoes to try and fill. Being a Horsemen like faction is one thing being called the Horsemen is another. Just like being a Flair like heel is one thing, calling yourself the Nature Boy is something else entirely. That being said an old school vs new school of wrestling war is as intriguing today as WWF vs the NWA was back in the day. The question is are the Elite able to take their egos out of the old school vs new school debate or will they squash the other side like Vince squashed WCW during the Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i'll pass on another 4 horseman regurgitation, i'd rather see something somewhat original.

i also have to say i'm very glad they put the womens cup on youtube, it's been pretty bad. if they're going to book nicole savoy as big swole's sidekick "little swole" i'd much rather it not be on tv. maybe it's not fair to say this but i just feel like brandie must be in charge of this thing.
    I could be wrong.... but I always sort of got the sense that Kenny Omega focused on the booking of the womans division.

But honestly AEW probably doesn't have much of an established strict chain of command as far as booking goes. A bunch of them probably collectively book everything.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I could be wrong.... but I always sort of got the sense that Kenny Omega focused on the booking of the womans division.

But honestly AEW probably doesn't have much of an established strict chain of command as far as booking goes. A bunch of them probably collectively book everything.
    idk but it would be interesting to know who wanted to push brit baker so hard as a face right out of the gate, and if it was or wasn't the same person who had the sense to change directions with her.

Astonishing Member

So Velveteen returned last night, and I have to say this. The edge and mystique is gone. Even before the outside issues, I feel like he is just into his character at all.

Astonishing Member

The AEW women's division doesn't have the stars to cover for bad creative. Other than Brit , there is no one doing anything interesting.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    So Velveteen returned last night, and I have to say this. The edge and mystique is gone. Even before the outside issues, I feel like he is just into his character at all.
    It feels too soon to bring back Dream. He went ghost after the accusations and there hasn't been any updates on it. This isn't something that the company can hope will blow over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It feels too soon to bring back Dream. He went ghost after the accusations and there hasn't been any updates on it. This isn't something that the company can hope will blow over.
    Vignettes would have been better. You need a crowd to play off for the pop. He didn't have history with the other guys in the ring. So it was cold. I think needs a redo. Hopefully, the full heel turn will work

I groaned when Dream appeared followed by a "They better not let him win"

Honestly I would be fine if they just let Dream go. I know ppl handle things differently but with those type of allegations damn going silent. I'd be declaring my innocence all day every day.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I groaned when Dream appeared followed by a "They better not let him win"

Honestly I would be fine if they just let Dream go. I know ppl handle things differently but with those type of allegations damn going silent. I'd be declaring my innocence all day every day.
    I believe that we are seeing him still means that his allegations have been investigated. Dream isn't high enough on the card to get preferential treatment.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I believe that we are seeing him still means that his allegations have been investigated. Dream isn't high enough on the card to get preferential treatment.
    I bet they still see Dream as a potential star and would still protect him. WWE isn't dumb enough to have a guy who's still being investigated on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Saw on some topic on youtube that Cody or Arn or Conrad Thompson (?) has the rights to the Four Horsemen name so it would be available to AEW but it would be daunting shoes to try and fill. Being a Horsemen like faction is one thing being called the Horsemen is another. Just like being a Flair like heel is one thing, calling yourself the Nature Boy is something else entirely. That being said an old school vs new school of wrestling war is as intriguing today as WWF vs the NWA was back in the day. The question is are the Elite able to take their egos out of the old school vs new school debate or will they squash the other side like Vince squashed WCW during the Invasion.
    Well, wrestling seems to thrive on pandering to nostalgic older fans. But yes, I agree that while the nods to the past are nice, the new generation should be allowed to shine on their own without being stuck in the shadows of stars of the 80s and 90s.