Page 121 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 21711111171181191201211221231241251311712216211121 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'll give Charlotte some credit in that she does an admirable job in living up to that last time. She's no David Flair.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll give Charlotte some credit in that she does an admirable job in living up to that last time. She's no David Flair.
    Charlotte and Becky are probably the 2 best workers on the Smackdown brand, so I think if any 2 wrestlers deserve to be fighting over the belt it's them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Charlotte and Becky are probably the 2 best workers on the Smackdown brand, so I think if any 2 wrestlers deserve to be fighting over the belt it's them.
    I'm done seeing Charlotte in the title picture. She's been champion in the majority of her tenure on Smackdown. Have her elevate the tag scene if the women ever get the long rumored tag titles.

My bet is that she faces Rousey at WrestleMania unless they extend the feud w/ Lynch that long.

If they want to build Charlotte/Rousey for the RAW Women's title at WM35 she better lose to Becky at Evolution then book her to win the Woman's Rumble and that's it.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Or have some situation where they get into each other's faces abd start a feud there. Not all feuds need to be for the title, some are personal grudges. Charlotte's character is arrogant enough that if Rousey makes some kind of 'I'm the best in the roster now' blanket statement, it's enough to have her come in and be like 'excuse me?'. Have Rousey say that Charlotte couldn't beat Becky. Instant feud.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    If they want to build Charlotte/Rousey for the RAW Women's title at WM35 she better lose to Becky at Evolution then book her to win the Woman's Rumble and that's it.
    Assuming they want Rhonda and Charlotte for WM (and it makes sense that they would), then that would be the most logical route to take. Rhonda is a champ on the other brand, so Charlotte wins the Rumble and decides to challenge Rhonda instead of the Smackdown champ, since Rhonda is such a big star.

The alternative would be for Charlotte to win the belt, Rhonda to lose it, and Rhonda to win the Rumble and challenge Charlote (who like Asuka would feel Charlotte is the best competition). But that route seems like a lot more work.

It would paint Rousey as the underdog. Speaking of the Rumble, I'd mark out if Velvet McIntyre, Leilani Kai or Rockin' Robin had the guest spot.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm done seeing Charlotte in the title picture. She's been champion in the majority of her tenure on Smackdown. Have her elevate the tag scene if the women ever get the long rumored tag titles.
    Quoted in agreement.

Astonishing Member

strong style evolved 2018 on axs tv
    jushin liger vs will ospreay starts the episode off
    hangman page vs jay white for the IWGP U S championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-19-2018 at 02:52 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Prior to Beckys push towards the world title, I would have thought Charlotte, Becky, and Asuka were about even. Becky might edge out either, but I thought it was pretty close.
    no, obviously people were tired or tiring of charlotte and asuka had been losing momentum since mania.

But I think a sort of Daniel Bryan effect occured where people got behind Becky more after her turn because they thought it was going against the booking. It's similar to Cena and Roman only going in the opposite direction... and that added something to Becky she didn't have before. She was always well liked and could get a reaction, but in addition to the heat she got anyways there's that added layer of rebellion against the booking.

There's a meta layer now to Beckys heat that only certain wrestlers like Bryan, Cena, and Roman have. Becky is no longer just a wrestler fans are cheering for.... she's a cruasade they are championing. Which is why WWE needs to run with this, at least for awhile.
    i think you read the brianson thing and are also reading this wrong. it's not about rebelling against booking, it's just wanting a popular superstar to be pushed well. if they decided to just push becky as the top face they wouldn't turn on her just to go against booking, just like they wouldn't have turned on brianson if he had been pushed when he should have.

did anybody else think it strange hhh came out in a leather jacket for the evolution reunion?? i mean unless hanging with hbk hhh is almost always in a suit, and fancy clothes was always kind of evolution's thing. poor orton must've been thinking "i put on pants for this??"

i don't think people care much about that meta shit, it doesn't even need to be that complicated
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-19-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WIsdmnwHg8

Charlotte's been accused of racism. Sounds a bit like nonsense though..although Ric Flair has been accused of racism by some people in the past.

WWE are standing by Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo
    i think you read the bryanson thing and are also reading this wrong. it's not about rebelling against booking, it's just wanting a popular superstar to be pushed well. if they decided to just push becky as the top face they wouldn't turn on her just to go against booking, just like they wouldn't have turned on bryanson if he had been pushed when he should have.
    Basically! I think people are so stuck on the idea of fans trying to be smart they don't accept crowd response as genuine. Though I will say fans should give wrestlers they don't find interesting/entertaining no reaction. BTW is your avy pic from Survivor Series '94?
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    no, obviously people were tired or tiring of charlotte and asuka had been losing momentum since mania.

i think you read the brianson thing and are also reading this wrong. it's not about rebelling against booking, it's just wanting a popular superstar to be pushed well. if they decided to just push becky as the top face they wouldn't turn on her just to go against booking, just like they wouldn't have turned on brianson if he had been pushed when he should have.

did anybody else think it strange hhh came out in a leather jacket for the evolution reunion?? i mean unless hanging with hbk hhh is almost always in a suit, and fancy clothes was always kind of evolution's thing. poor orton must've been thinking "i put on pants for this??"

i don't think people care much about that meta shit, it doesn't even need to be that complicated
    I agree that Charlotte and Asuka were on a bit of a downward slump, while Becky was on an upward trend. That's why I said they were all basically around the same level... there wasn't a real stand out until Beckys heel turn. I'd argue she's more over now than when she was Smackdown womans champ.

As far as wanting popular superstars to be pushed well... I'd argue right now Becky IS being pushed well. This is probably the strongest most effective push she's ever gotten. And I think Becky herself would agree with that. In an interview I saw where they asked her whether she prefereed being a face or heel, she said she prefers whatever she is right now. She understands that the current booking is working. It's getting the best reaction she's ever gotten in her entire career, and has arguably made her the most over woman in the company short of Rhonda.

The ultimate thing about it is you don't even need to care about the met aspects of it all. All you need to care about is that it's working. She's getting pushed, she's getting air time, she's got the belt, and most importantly she's getting over. SHe is exactly where she should be, and exactly where she needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Basically! I think people are so stuck on the idea of fans trying to be smart they don't accept crowd response as genuine. Though I will say fans should give wrestlers they don't find interesting/entertaining no reaction. BTW is your avy pic from Survivor Series '94?
    Because it's wrestling, a lot of times fan responses aren't genuine.

The obvious example is Cena. As much boo's as he gets, he's proven time and time again to be a HUGE draw. On the reverse end of the spectrum you get a guy like nxt champ Ciampa, who gets massive heel heat. But this isn't the 70's where fans legit hated the top heels and wanted to see them dead. The guys at Full Sail who try booing Ciampa out of the building during a show I'm sure would happily try taking selfies with him afterwards if they could.