Page 1211 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 21171111111161120112071208120912101211121212131214121512211261 ... LastLast
Results 18,151 to 18,165 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This was from a youtuber and wrestler "Hannibal". He does shoot interviews with wrestlers and more. In it he issues a challenge to Cody Rhodes .

Now i don't hate the promo beyond the whole chicken line. I think Hannibal projects a scary image. I do think smashing himself with a friggen glass bottle while looking cool as an effect is ...kinda nowadays dangerous to do given whats going on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE going Mad Max
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1295339624064311298?s=19

WWE ThunderDome, featuring a state-of-the-art set, video boards, pyrotechnics, lasers, cutting-edge graphics and drone cameras, will take WWE fans’ viewing experience to an unprecedented level starting this Friday, Aug. 21 on FOX, kicking off SummerSlam Weekend.

“WWE has a long history of producing the greatest live spectacles in sports and entertainment, yet nothing compares to what we are creating with WWE ThunderDome,” said Kevin Dunn, WWE Executive Vice President, Television Production. “This structure will enable us to deliver an immersive atmosphere and generate more excitement amongst the millions of fans watching our programming around the world.”

With the debut of WWE ThunderDome, WWE will take residency at Amway Center in Orlando and virtually bring fans into the arena via live video on massive LED boards, in conjunction with The Famous Group and its proprietary technology, for every Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown and WWE pay-per-view event. Starting tonight, fans can register for their virtual seat to be part of upcoming shows via www.WWEThunderDome.com or at WWE’s Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages.

“As WWE takes residency at the world-class Amway Center, we have reimagined our live event experience for today’s environment,” said Brian Flinn, WWE Chief Marketing & Communications Officer. “In partnership with The Famous Group, we will virtually bring our fans back into the show and recreate the interactive in-arena atmosphere that has been a staple of WWE events for decades.”

WWE’s Amway Center residency will continue for the foreseeable future and Raw, SmackDown and pay-per-view programming will be produced on closed sets with only essential personnel in attendance. WWE will continue to administer its health and safety protocols for talent, crew and employees in conjunction with each production, including PCR testing for COVID-19, social distancing and wearing masks.

Ironically, WCW Thunder had better ratings at the end than Raw does right now.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Sounds good. Long live WWE working the neckbeard smarks.

Mighty Member

Not to make light of the Sonya Deville thing, but....

The planned this for months, and his brilliant plan is "sneak in the back door of a house of some lady who could probably kick his ass". For realsies, she has a background in MMA, and Florida is a "castle doctrine" state.

More on topic, I am conflicted about Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss. On one hand, I prefer bliss as a heel. But, if she goes heel, Mandy probably gets a push. (Don't want that...)

If Bliss redeems Wyatt, she stays face (maybe averting a Mandy push), but it might ruin a gimmick I like (Wyatt).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Randy Orton - Yawn.

RoH is bringing back the Pure title for some reason
    https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/te...ules-clarified

Astonishing Member

Who is there left to come out of retirement for Randy Orton to punt? Batista? HHH? Undertaker?

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Who is there left to come out of retirement for Randy Orton to punt? Batista? HHH? Undertaker?
    After Flair and HBK, I suppose the next most logical one would be Triple H.

Ultimate Member

So Mickie gets the jobber entrance, they don't hype her up at all in her return, she loses, and her match is overshadowed by Seth. I like Seth, but he gets multiple segments every week. He didn't need to be crammed in here as well.

Mickie's a SIX TIME women's champion, and her vs. Trish was one of the best women's feuds in company history. She should be treated like the legend that she is, not an afterthought.

Fans are rightfully crapping all over this it would seem.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Not to make light of the Sonya Deville thing, but....

The planned this for months, and his brilliant plan is "sneak in the back door of a house of some lady who could probably kick his ass". For realsies, she has a background in MMA, and Florida is a "castle doctrine" state.

More on topic, I am conflicted about Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss. On one hand, I prefer bliss as a heel. But, if she goes heel, Mandy probably gets a push. (Don't want that...)

If Bliss redeems Wyatt, she stays face (maybe averting a Mandy push), but it might ruin a gimmick I like (Wyatt).
    it's strange but it seemed like the other way around. bliss definitely seemed to be turning bray face and braun heel. braun was using alexa to entice bray out and that's a heel dastardly move.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Ironically, WCW Thunder had better ratings at the end than Raw does right now.
    What hurt Thunder and WCW then was the promise to advertisers that the show wouldn't go under a certain ratings point and they had to do basically get nothing back from that as well as the fact they cut costs at one point that final year and they decided the cost cutting would be in the truck. The cheaper workers there had numerous issues. (which WWE brought up in a spot once on how bad Thunder got)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    RoH is bringing back the Pure title for some reason
    https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/te...ules-clarified
    Trying to create a buzz. ROH is really in a hard spot right now and I guess with Bubba Ray gone as producer were gonna see that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

According to Fightful select Velveteen has backstage heat. His peers believe Velveteen is getting preferential treatment.

Mighty Member

it's strange but it seemed like the other way around. bliss definitely seemed to be turning bray face and braun heel. braun was using alexa to entice bray out and that's a heel dastardly move.
    Bliss is not making Braun heel. Braun is simply a heel.

Braun said that he went in to the swamp match intending to come out a bad guy, in order to beat Wyatt.

Braun said that the Fiend "changes" people. But, that change is not always for the worst, as evidenced by Daniel Bryan going face after his match with the Fiend. The Fiend changes wrestlers to their "true" (more marketable) selves.

WWE has spent time making Bliss a face (more successfully than I would have thought possible). And, thus far, she is staying face after contact with the fiend. She actually tried to "save" Braun. (Also note how the Fiend recoiled when she touched his face on August 7.).

Braun's heel turn was established when he threw Bliss to the canvas. Though, I am not sure how sensible that was. Her signature move requires her to fall from a comparable height. And, if we assume she was thrown, then she should have been more hurt. (Maybe the Fiend manipulated kayfabe to protect her? Did anyone catch which hand was on her, "hurt" or "heal"?).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    A double turn would be interesting, as they're somewhat rare.

Though I personally think it's too soon for the Fiend to go face, I do think similar to the Undertaker he could work. In the least think he potentially makes a better face than Braun because Wyatt is inherently a more entertaining character.

But I actually think the funner option might be for them to eventually be heels together. That's a pretty scary monster threat until either Roman returns or you build up another super face (Big E or Otis maybe) to rise up against the monsters. Heck, Alexa can manage them both.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-18-2020 at 08:18 AM.