Page 1214 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 21471411141164120412101211121212131214121512161217121812241264 ... LastLast
Results 18,196 to 18,210 of 19298

There are 10 wrestling games coming out in the next 9-11 months.

WWE Battlegrounds
    Arcade style beat 'em up.

Retromania Wrestling
    Featuring current NWA wrestlers, House of Hardcore, indie stars like Sabre Jr., and legends like Road Warriors, Colt Cabana, and others in a 90s 2D style sequel to WrestleFest.

Chikara Action Arcade Wrestling
    Over-the-top, stylizied arcade wrestling.

Ultra Violent Pro Wrestling
    Death match physics simulator with full VR mode.

Virtual Basement
    Untitled simulation with 60 indie stars from TNA, ROH, Japan, legends, indies; looks like the 2K series in terms of graphics and gameplay, will be first next-gen wrestling game.

New Yuke's Wrestling Game
    They want to make a game without having to reuse old assets and be slowed down. Sounds like a fictional wrestling world with multiple feds. Will also us their AR tech WWE didn't want to use ever.

Mark Out! (Codename: Spot Callerz)
    Turn-based card game largely created by a big named community creator for the No Mercy/SvR/2K series. Looks to be getting third party assets from WWE, AEW, and NJPW.

WWE Ruthless Aggression VR
    Made by the same group as Mark Out. Let's you do entrances from the Ruthless Aggression era.

AEW Videogame
    They have officially partnered with Aki to bring back the Aki engine with next-gen graphics.

WWE 2K the Return
    They are scrapping the Yuke's engine and making one using the NBA engine. Fully animated and will be next gen only. There is talk already of making it a bi-annual release instead of yearly to order to include better assets and modes.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-22-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I have doubts about the Chikara game ever getting a full release. The promotion doesn't exist anymore.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Ultimate Member

Assassin and Son is coming out in November in comic book stores.

From Scout Comics.

It's the comic book co-written by the late Shad Gaspard.

https://www.scoutcomics.com/collecti...ssin-and-son-1

Featuring the comic writing debuts of former WWE wrestlers, the late Shad Gaspard (member of Cryme Tyme) and Marc Copani (Muhammad Hassan)!

This 1,000 copy limited edition variant is to benefit Shad Gaspard's family. All profits will be sent directly to them.

Variant cover by Bryan Silverbax

Assassin and Son is a gritty urban-western set in present-day New York. Donovan Braddock is a one-man killing unit who works with a team of covert assassins known as "The Horsemen," When Braddock attempts to live a normal life and leave his old violent life behind he discovers that violence still follows him as his wife is cold-heartedly murdered in front of both him and his young son. Now with nothing to live for, this tragic event sends father and son on an epic journey of revenge and consequence that becomes their "Path of Vengeance."

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I have doubts about the Chikara game ever getting a full release. The promotion doesn't exist anymore.
    Somebody is buying right now, however.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Somebody is buying right now, however.
    Quack selling out? Crazy times.

Speaking of crazy, the new UUDD video flew off the rails.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Mighty Member

Retribution not going after Vince makes no sense.
    Exactly.

Vince McMahon was in proximity to the two most dangerous things in WWE, and he escaped....with a camera cut?

The fact it is now live does not help. Vince McMahon is the most important person on screen. Protecting and accounting for him should be priority as a question of narrative logic.

Clumsy stuff like the camera cut undermines really nice touches, like the Miz showing up after the threat was mostly contained or the ringside bickering.

Speaking of nice touches, I am glad that Cross is still a face, and I giggled at the refernces to Mandy's and DeVille's real-life misadventures. (It could have been terrible. But, things worked out, so the jokes are fine.)

Comeuppance (dare I say..."retribution") seemed to be the theme for the night.

Sasha and Bayley are paying for their recent antics, with Bayley paying most of the bill. AJ Styles was hit in the face by Hardy's braced shin, the consequences of his earlier deviousness. And, Bray Wyatt paid for hectoring Strowman (with Strowman being on track to lose his belt).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Exactly.

Vince McMahon was in proximity to the two most dangerous things in WWE, and he escaped....with a camera cut?

The fact it is now live does not help. Vince McMahon is the most important person on screen. Protecting and accounting for him should be priority as a question of narrative logic.

Clumsy stuff like the camera cut undermines really nice touches, like the Miz showing up after the threat was mostly contained or the ringside bickering.

Speaking of nice touches, I am glad that Cross is still a face, and I giggled at the refernces to Mandy's and DeVille's real-life misadventures. (It could have been terrible. But, things worked out, so the jokes are fine.)

Comeuppance (dare I say..."retribution") seemed to be the theme for the night.

Sasha and Bayley are paying for their recent antics, with Bayley paying most of the bill. AJ Styles was hit in the face by Hardy's braced shin, the consequences of his earlier deviousness. And, Bray Wyatt paid for hectoring Strowman (with Strowman being on track to lose his belt).
    I thought it was a pretty fun Smackdown that tied a lot of the stories and angles together very well. They did a lot in 2 hours without a whole lot of wasted airtime.

The Mandy/Sonya switch sort of caught me off guard though... I wonder where they will go with that. I'm assuming neither are actually leaving unless one needs time off or something.

Astonishing Member

The Mandy/Sonya switch sort of caught me off guard though... I wonder where they will go with that. I'm assuming neither are actually leaving unless one needs time off or something
    No one would be surprised if Sonya wanted some time off to regroup/move her place of residence, etc. Plus she has a lot of sympathy now if there were a live audience, no one would boo her.

Astonishing Member

Pat McAfee -- Wow, setting a new standard for celebrity wrestling appearances! (Also generating respect for NFL punters!)

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Pat McAfee -- Wow, setting a new standard for celebrity wrestling appearances! (Also generating respect for NFL punters!)
    Him and Jankowski were/are legit bad asses. They could truck guys like a RB.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah, McAfee really held his own considering he isn't a professional wrestler.

The guy is extremely athletic.

Ultimate Member

Keith Lee lost the title too soon.

He deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Keith Lee lost the title too soon.

He deserves better.
    They should have at least given Kross some sort of DQ or count out finish to protect Lee a bit more. I get not wanting to have Kross lose yet since he's being built up as such a monster, but this was Lees second title defense if I'm not mistaken.

Perhaps the logic is they want Keith on the main roster, so they're having him drop the belt earlier than one might think. You can frankly argue Smackdown needs a bit more main event talnt on the face side of things. Brauns the top face, but I'm not even sure he's a face.

Kross getting injured is pretty tough timing. Hope it's not too bad. But props to him finishing the match anyways.

Ultimate Member

Triple H has shown for many years now that he just, isn't good at booking babyface champions. He seems obsessed with booking, well like he was booked as champion.

Keith Lee of all faces, shouldn't have been a transitional champion.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Samoa Joe is voicing King Shark in the Suicide Squad game
    https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-s...g-shark-voice/