Page 1218 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 21871811181168120812141215121612171218121912201221122212281268 ... LastLast
Results 18,256 to 18,270 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So I saw on the regular news on CBS and ABC that WWE is facing a large fine and so is Fox, from the FCC for airing an execution video on live TV?

When did that happen!?
    https://twitter.com/realfjbot/status...368133634?s=21

https://twitter.com/realFJBot/status...97090569019397

Astonishing Member

WWE Wrestling Fans showing they are the worst.

Not going to watch but I know for a fact the KKK video is from the movie Jericho was in where he was in the KKK.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Abyss gets ripped by online fans for the decision he made in mid 2000's to stay in TNA/Impact. He was a company man though. A praise he received from Tommy Dreamer , Jeff Jarrett and others for how he'd stay and work behind the scenes as we see in this. But he was a constant from 2002-2018 there.

I think its solid he's now in WWE working as a producer on one of the brands. He deserves it after all he put his body through the decade plus he was in TNA/Impact. I do like that the WWE allowed Foley and Angle to do it. I do kinda wish they had allowed Christian to do it as well since they had a fun program (he goes to his house and beats him up lol) .

He was very , very under-rated as a big man who could move. I mean Abyss in his prime was a 6'8 , 300+ pound monster who could move pretty well in ring. Its a shame we never got that Abyss/Undertaker match though. (Just like we never got Sting/Undertaker either)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Really wasn't necessary for Sasha Banks to tap out lose 2 nights in a row. And no I don't believe their will be a pay-off with her winning the title and having a decent run. And Vince doesn't make the connection that stuff like this is the reason why ppl are tuning out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Really wasn't necessary for Sasha Banks to tap out lose 2 nights in a row. And no I don't believe their will be a pay-off with her winning the title and having a decent run. And Vince doesn't make the connection that stuff like this is the reason why ppl are tuning out.
    Bayley lost two nights in a row (to Asuka and Naomi) in the storyline, so did Asuka.

They now keep bringing up her title defense failures in storyline--who knows what will happen in the future with plans changing, but I think the end is that someone needs to finally beat Bayley.

With no Becky, Asuka is probably the companys top female face. So I think it's justified giving her a couple clean wins (something she was arguably lacking earlier in her title run). Plus, storywise I think Asuka deserves a bit of revenge after they ended Kairi's career in the WWE.

I think Sasha and Bayley can afford a few clean loses given how overall dominant they have been on BOTH Raw and Smackdown.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Abyss gets ripped by online fans for the decision he made in mid 2000's to stay in TNA/Impact. He was a company man though. A praise he received from Tommy Dreamer , Jeff Jarrett and others for how he'd stay and work behind the scenes as we see in this. But he was a constant from 2002-2018 there.

I think its solid he's now in WWE working as a producer on one of the brands. He deserves it after all he put his body through the decade plus he was in TNA/Impact. I do like that the WWE allowed Foley and Angle to do it. I do kinda wish they had allowed Christian to do it as well since they had a fun program (he goes to his house and beats him up lol) .

He was very , very under-rated as a big man who could move. I mean Abyss in his prime was a 6'8 , 300+ pound monster who could move pretty well in ring. Its a shame we never got that Abyss/Undertaker match though. (Just like we never got Sting/Undertaker either)
    My ONE complaint for Abyss (who I overall was a big fan of) was his weird fetish for thumb tax. At a certain point it seemed like he was busting out those stupid thumb tax every other match and landing on them himself. Over and over. I was fine with it once in awhile for big matches, but he did it so often after awhile it just made him look dumb. Why did he keep trying to use them when inevitably he would always land in them himself. Other than that, he was cool.

In hindsight, since he ended up working for the WWE anyways I wish he would have left Impact earlier. If he's going to work for the WWE anyways, might as well get a FEW matches out of him before he goes to work backstage. But who knows... maybe the stuff with AJ on Smackdown will result in a match. He's starting to show up on TV fairly regularly now.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My ONE complaint for Abyss (who I overall was a big fan of) was his weird fetish for thumb tax. At a certain point it seemed like he was busting out those stupid thumb tax every other match and landing on them himself. Over and over. I was fine with it once in awhile for big matches, but he did it so often after awhile it just made him look dumb. Why did he keep trying to use them when inevitably he would always land in them himself. Other than that, he was cool.

In hindsight, since he ended up working for the WWE anyways I wish he would have left Impact earlier. If he's going to work for the WWE anyways, might as well get a FEW matches out of him before he goes to work backstage. But who knows... maybe the stuff with AJ on Smackdown will result in a match. He's starting to show up on TV fairly regularly now.
    At last check Abyss took the WWE job from reports he had back issues. That he took too many hard bumps on his body over the years and he finally took it to give him job security.

As far as the thumbs tack deal goes , I agree. But I believe it fell into what Jim Cornette said years ago I believe. The fans popped huge the 1st time Abyss pulled them out and did a huge bump on them. It was like HOLY **** !! Then the next PPV they wanted it again...and the next....and the next. What could have been special maybe once every 2-3 years he pulls em out and takes a big bump on them became passe.

That he was pushing his body so hard in these Monster Ball matches and TNA kept making him do them repeatedly which killed his signature match as well. Plus as the video above details where as a decade earlier Mick was told by Terry Funk to tone some ideas down he had for their death match or ECW hardcore matches , he was in that spot having to tame down Abyss ideas because he didn't want him hurt.

It shocked me that even Bruce Prichard on his podcast praised Abyss in his time there. That he was a company man who loves the business and will do whatever is needed. That he is a sweet guy but paranoid because as he joked , Abyss would constantly ask him how his match was. That yeah your used to guys doing it...but he would be asked 10 times if there was any problems and he did this constantly. That if he had went to WWE he would have adapted for sure. But he also would have likely been critiqued more than he was in TNA.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Asuka vs. Sasha was MOTN, those two have such insane chemistry together.

I hope Sonya returns at some point, and if/when she does WWE pushes her hard because she's got so much potential.

Speaking of potential, Dominik looked really good tonight. I wonder if he stays on Raw now or if he goes to NXT for some seasoning?

Is Roman finally a heel now?

I was disappointed in now Alexa during the Fiend/Braun match.
    i've always just taken peoples word that sonya is good in the ring but have yet to see it. is there any match you could suggest??

With no Becky, Asuka is probably the companys top female face. So I think it's justified giving her a couple clean wins (something she was arguably lacking earlier in her title run). Plus, storywise I think Asuka deserves a bit of revenge after they ended Kairi's career in the WWE.

I think Sasha and Bayley can afford a few clean loses given how overall dominant they have been on BOTH Raw and Smackdown.
    so spread the losses out and use different methods, it will mean more and not hurt sasha so much.

thumb tax?? that can't be legal, i'm going to have to call my guy
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-25-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

so spread the losses out and use different methods, it will mean more and not hurt sasha so much.
    This... I mean damn this is humiliation at this point like they're punishing her for something.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-26-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Bayley lost two nights in a row (to Asuka and Naomi) in the storyline, so did Asuka.

They now keep bringing up her title defense failures in storyline--who knows what will happen in the future with plans changing, but I think the end is that someone needs to finally beat Bayley.
    Yeah but tapping out 2 nights in a row is way overboard. Either for a heel or face this is no way to build a story ppl have to believe in a character to care. When they start looking too weak ppl lose interest.

Ultimate Member

Sasha HAS to beat Bayley, and have a proper run with the SD title, for this all to pay off well in the end.

If she doesn't, WWE has run out of excuses.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i've always just taken peoples word that sonya is good in the ring but have yet to see it. is there any match you could suggest??

thumb tax?? that can't be legal, i'm going to have to call my guy
    She had a solid match with Io Shirai at the World's Collide PPV a few years back. And her and Lacey had some fun matches together, hard hitting to, on SD.

Yeah but tapping out 2 nights in a row is way overboard. Either for a heel or face this is no way to build a story ppl have to believe in a character to care. When they start looking too weak ppl lose interest.
    Again though, Baylay and Sasha have been booked pretty darn dominant on both RAW and Smackdown for months. THey literally held every single main roster title. So they can take the loses, especially since both have beaten Asuka multiple times too. They're trading titles and wins... this was just Asukas recept.

Yes, Sasha did lose twice in a row but that's not uncommon for a person who lost the belt. They initially lose the title, then the usual rematch that follows. It's only recently that WWE moved away from rematches... that's been the norm for decades. And USUALLY the person that just won the title will likewise win the rematch (Sasha herself being a glaring exception to that historically).