Page 1220 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 22072011201170121012161217121812191220122112221223122412301270 ... LastLast
Results 18,286 to 18,300 of 19298
    Incredible Member

Raquel Gonzales and bianca tied in the deadlift in the combine challenge this year. shame we won't see bianca anymore in these challenges since she always dominate but raquel should win the deadlift next year

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure about turning Ciampa heel when NXT is in serious need of a top babyface right now.

Incredible Member

i think they turn adam cole face for that mcafee match so i can see cole winning back the title. never thought keith lee would turn out to be a transitional champ after he beat cole for that belt.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i think they turn adam cole face for that mcafee match so i can see cole winning back the title. never thought keith lee would turn out to be a transitional champ after he beat cole for that belt.
    I think you want a face champ right now, since all the logical contenders seem to be heels.

So that probably means either turning Cole face (something he probably is anyways) or turning Balor face.

But having the leader of a stable be a face can sometimes be tricky from a booking stand point. Having a 4 on 1 advantage usually only works in stories when they're the bad guys, unless you're the Power Rangers I guess.

Ultimate Member

I want Shotzi running over Robert Stone with her mini-tank to be a long-running gag. Like it doesn't even need to lead to a feud, it just keeps happening.

I don't think Cole should be champion again so soon after having a 400+ day reign with the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I want Shotzi running over Robert Stone with her mini-tank to be a long-running gag. Like it doesn't even need to lead to a feud, it just keeps happening.

I don't think Cole should be champion again so soon after having a 400+ day reign with the title.
    Normally I don't think nXt would consider putting the belt back on him that soon... but given the loss of their current champ and their top face, I wouldn't be shocked if they at least gave it to him in the short term. I'd honestly rather see Balor, but Cole works.

Incredible Member

rhea seemed to have a tough time of it since she lost that title to charlotte. the nxt women's division are still very strong but the same can't be said about the men. a lot of the upcoming new guys other than kross are lackluster , kross and lee are out , cole, ciampa,gargano and balor all have already been there , done that. all except cole had been in midcard helping to elevate the talents and newer guys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Womans tag belts are arguably the most valuable titles in the WWE because it doubles if not triples the airtime you get each week.

As far as dominant goes ... the only one to really get the better of them in the long run is Asuka. For better or for worse the mega push the Golden Role models are getting comes at the expense of every other woman in the division. You're arguing they should be more dominant... I'd counter by asking how much deeper do they need to bury the rest of the division to make them look good?
    Airtime is not dominance. The whole women's division has been getting buried for the past 3 years just for Charlotte and then Becky did you have a problem with that? And one month Championship runs are not dominance and don't make ppl look good. Getting tapped out 2 nights in a row is not dominance and actually looks really bad.Winning feuds/big matches and holding titles for long periods of time are what make ppl look dominant. And it's not even debatable that Banks has earned that.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-27-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I haven't seen Rob Van Dam in awhile. He's older , a bit slower of course but adding a woman who twerks her ass and him as a heel has been interesting. Eddie Edwards being World Champion is a good touch as he's always been solid.

But the appearance of Eric Young now aka The World Class Maniac is pretty wild. I do love how Young has shaved his head and eye brows it appears for this.

Impact could have a decent Main Event roster if used right.

Eddie Edwards
    Sami Calihan
    Eric Young
    RVD
    EC3
    Moose
    Ken Shamrock

They could have a decent mix of young and old there with RVD , Shamrock and Young as the older guys while Edwards , EC3 , Moose and Calihan are the older ones. It won't be like the main event scene of years ago where they had a number of top guys. But its there for them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She had a solid match with Io Shirai at the World's Collide PPV a few years back. And her and Lacey had some fun matches together, hard hitting to, on SD.
    thank you for that.

Again though, Baylay and Sasha have been booked pretty darn dominant on both RAW and Smackdown for months. THey literally held every single main roster title. So they can take the loses, especially since both have beaten Asuka multiple times too. They're trading titles and wins... this was just Asukas recept.

Yes, Sasha did lose twice in a row but that's not uncommon for a person who lost the belt.
    They initially lose the title, then the usual rematch that follows. It's only recently that WWE moved away from rematches... that's been the norm for decades. And USUALLY the person that just won the title will likewise win the rematch (Sasha herself being a glaring exception to that historically).
    you're still missing the point, nobody is saying she can't take the losses but 2 nights back to back tapping out is overkill. there's ways to put over aska w/o hurting sasha. aska got the decisive win via tapout at the ppv despite sasha having a clear advantage going into the match, that's enough for one week.

I think everyones pity honestly is better reserved for everyone who isn't Sasha and Bayley (or Asuka at this point). For months Sasha and Bayley have been the entire focus of the entire womans division on every show, culminating to them holding every single title on the main roster. All things considered Sasha and Bayley are doing more than fine... it's everyone ELSE that I think we should be worried about as the entire division is somewhat being thrown under the bus to prop those two up (again Asuka being an exception).

Unless your name happens to Becky, Ronda or Charlotte it doesn't get much better than than
    . If Bayley and Sasha are book any more dominant than they already are, they will probably start developing a backlash against them. So a loss here and there against people like Asuka PROBABLY isn't the worst idea in the world.
    it could and should though, that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    people whined about asuka being booked poorly , now it's sasha turn. considering how she won that title , it was always going to be asuka that will win it back. i don't really see the problem, if it was someone like liv morgan or lana that pinned sasha , you might have a point. asuka has been a bane in the role models matches for months now. right now , they are still continuing that break up and eventual feud with bayley slowly. it's been great.
    people complain, i mean "whine" about bad booking. then we get people crying about the whiners.

Considering Asukas title reign was cut short to give Sasha the belt, I think Asuka deserved it. I'd frankly be more bothered if the match went the other way and Sasha won. It's not like Sasha NEEDS 2 titles anyways.
    maybe that shouldn't have happened either, maybe the only upside of that situation was the possibility of sasha finally getting a good title run, maybe giving one of those 2 a solid title reign would've been better than giving both a shitty one.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Airtime is not dominance. The whole women's division has been getting buried for the past 3 years just for Charlotte and then Becky did you have a problem with that? And one month Championship runs are not dominance and don't make ppl look good. Getting tapped out 2 nights in a row is not dominance and actually looks really bad.Winning feuds/big matches and holding titles for long periods of time are what make ppl look dominant. And it's not even debatable that Banks has earned that.
    Firstly I don't necessarily have a huge problem with building up Sasha and Bayley at the expense of burying the rest of the division. Just pointing out the downside. Sasha and Bayley are good enough to deserve that sort of push. I'm just not all that unhappy that the push isn't at the expense of Asuka, who deserves the push just as much.

We'll have to agree to disagree over their dominance. I think holding all the belts again is about as dominant as you're going to get from 2 heels of their type. I don't think you necessarily want or need them to be any more dominant than they are.

The thing about their push, as opposed to Beckys rise or Ronda is that they didn't do on one brand. Becky and Ronda were pushed hard on their respective brand, which is kind of the point of having 2 brands. Sasha and Bayley floating and taking the top spot on both shows means you can't simotaneously give someone else the top spot since they are taking it on both brands. It effectively cuts the opportunities in half. Again, I think Sasha and Bayley are good enough to deserve the push (as were Becky and Charlotte) so I don't have a huge problem with it... but if anyone like Asuka can manage to hold their ground I think that's fine too because she deserves it just as much.

As far as Sasha losing twice to Asuka being bad writing... again that was normal booking for decades. New champ beats old champ, then new champ beats old champ in rematch. I frankly would have been a bit more bothered if we got the reverse and Asuka lost to Sasha. But Bayley/Sasha and Asuka have all traded titles and wins over the last few weeks to the point where no one was really buried. Asuka won in the END (something I feel they HAD to do booking wise after the Golden Role Models ended Kairis career) ... but she took her share of loses to get there in the feud.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    thank you for that.

you're still missing the point, nobody is saying she can't take the losses but 2 nights back to back tapping out is overkill. there's ways to put over aska w/o hurting sasha. aska got the decisive win via tapout at the ppv despite sasha having a clear advantage going into the match, that's enough for one week.

it could and should though, that's a problem.

people complain, i mean "whine" about bad booking. then we get people crying about the whiners.

maybe that shouldn't have happened either, maybe the only upside of that situation was the possibility of sasha finally getting a good title run, maybe giving one of those 2 a solid title reign would've been better than giving both a shitty one.
    There are plenty of times a wrestler lost a title, then got their rematch the next night on RAW or Smackdown and lost again. THat's pretty common when they're ending the feud.

As far as ending Asuka's title reign so that both members of the Golden Role Models can get 2 belts... you can argue they shouldn't have done that as it did hurt Asukas title reign. Then again I do think it helped the Golden Role models really push them being the top of the division by having them literally hold all the gold. And it gives Asuka sort of a heroes journey as she lost her title and her partner, before in the end winning it back against the odds in a big PPV.

Honestly I don't think the fans of Asuka or the Golden Role Models really have too much to worry about. Our concern is better saved for the rest of the women.

Extraordinary Member

Firstly I don't necessarily have a huge problem with building up Sasha and Bayley at the expense of burying the rest of the division. Just pointing out the downside. Sasha and Bayley are good enough to deserve that sort of push. I'm just not all that unhappy that the push isn't at the expense of Asuka, who deserves the push just as much.

We'll have to agree to disagree over their dominance. I think holding all the belts again is about as dominant as you're going to get from 2 heels of their type. I don't think you necessarily want or need them to be any more dominant than they are.

The thing about their push, as opposed to Beckys rise or Ronda is that they didn't do on one brand. Becky and Ronda were pushed hard on their respective brand, which is kind of the point of having 2 brands. Sasha and Bayley floating and taking the top spot on both shows means you can't simotaneously give someone else the top spot since they are taking it on both brands. It effectively cuts the opportunities in half. Again, I think Sasha and Bayley are good enough to deserve the push (as were Becky and Charlotte) so I don't have a huge problem with it... but if anyone like Asuka can manage to hold their ground I think that's fine too because she deserves it just as much.

As far as Sasha losing twice to Asuka being bad writing... again that was normal booking for decades. New champ beats old champ, then new champ beats old champ in rematch. I frankly would have been a bit more bothered if we got the reverse and Asuka lost to Sasha. But Bayley/Sasha and Asuka have all traded titles and wins over the last few weeks to the point where no one was really buried. Asuka won in the END (something I feel they HAD to do booking wise after the Golden Role Models ended Kairis career) ... but she took her share of loses to get there in the feud.
    Hate to beat a dead horse but again like others have said, you're missing the point. Losing 2 nights in a row is common yes-being tapped out 2 nights in a row is overboard bad booking and writing. It makes the character look excessively weak and it's definitely a downgrade. Sasha is already being written as a character who can't win the big matches and hold on to a title now they're having her do this c-lister level of jobbing. It's not okay and doesn't do anything to build a storyline.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-27-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

The thing is that they had the storyline to do it. It was a lumberjack match. The entire women's roster pretty much *hated* Sasha and Bayley. Why are the Iiconics/Natalya and all the other heel women helping Sasha? This match should have been a culmination of all the ladies getting their revenge on Sasha for everything that the Role Models have done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Hate to beat a dead horse but again like others have said, you're missing the point. Losing 2 nights in a row is common yes-being tapped out 2 nights in a row is overboard bad booking and writing. It makes the character look excessively weak and it's definitely a downgrade. Sasha is already being written as a character who can't win the big matches and hold on to a title now they're having her do this c-lister level of jobbing. It's not okay and doesn't do anything to build a storyline.
    I guess the difference I have is that I don't think there's a difference between getting cleanly pinned and getting tapped out. A win is a win. Asuka has a submission finisher, so Sasha tapped out instead of getting pinned. If Asuka had a finisher that pinned you, Sasha would have been pinned instead. Wrestlers with submission finished win with submission finishes... there's no reason that should make anyone look better or worse. That's just how it is.

And it's not C lister jobbing if it's a loss to Asuka. She is at a level where she can theoretially beat anyone anywhere. Sasha beat Asuka for the belt, so this was just a recipt. And what it does for the storyline is finish it. Asuka completed her heroes journey to reclaim her title, then gave Sasha a rematch and won that too. THat's a logical finish, and now Asuka can move on while Sasha and Bayley transition to the program with Shayna and Jax in addition to slowly building up their evetual turn each other. For the story they are telling, Sasha suceeding in protecting Bayleys title while Bayley failing to protect Sashas works. It's just further planting seeds for their inevitable feud.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-27-2020 at 09:10 AM.