Page 1223 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 22372311231173121312191220122112221223122412251226122712331273 ... LastLast
Results 18,331 to 18,345 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    with nxt main event a bit weak currently , wade barrett should wrestle instead of color commentator, straight away he'll be the big name there and face all the wrestlers he never faced before.
    I don't think Barrett wants to wrestle anymore. Every promotion he's been in since he left he did commentary or played an authority figure.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    with nxt main event a bit weak currently , wade barrett should wrestle instead of color commentator, straight away he'll be the big name there and face all the wrestlers he never faced before.
    If he's still willing and capable of wrestling I wouldn't be shocked if some sort of angle got him out of the announce booth and into the ring.

But I think in a lot of ways he might be better off staying in the announce booth. He'll probably have a much longer career, and with all due respect I'm not sure Barret at this point would be that huge a star if he did return full time. Not that he didn't have a lot of potential... but he's like 40 and was a mid-card guy last time we saw him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Being perfectly frank, most of her fans are overly obsessive about shit that doesn't matter. Sasha isn't being made to look weak, she's a goddamn heel that's finally getting her comeuppance from someone she's been feuding with for the better part of two months along with seeing that her supposed BFF isn't willing to help her to the extent that Sasha helped her. She's not being booked like freakin' Naomi, there's a clear and concise story being told here.
    Yeah it's wrestling so not being able to hold a belt more than a month doesn't matter. Not being able to win feuds doesn't matter and all of a sudden being tapped out 2 nights in a row doesn't matter. Even tho no top wrestler EVER has done some shit like that-Heck I can't even think of a all time jobber that happened to. Being a great wrestler and being over organically doesn't matter. But hey man I'm sure the writers agree with you none of this shit matters. But then they wonder why the ratings are shit.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-28-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah it's wrestling so not being able to hold a belt more than a month doesn't matter. Not being able to win feuds doesn't matter and all of a sudden being tapped out 2 nights in a row doesn't matter. Even tho no top wrestler EVER has done some shit like that. Being a great wrestler and being over organically doesn't matter. But hey man I'm sure the writers agree with you none of this shit matters. But then they wonder why the ratings are shit.

I'd feel worse over Sasha not being able to retain her title longer if not for the fact that she had 2. I think our concern is better invested in the rest of the womans divsion quite frankly.

As far as Sasha and Bayley not winning able to win feuds . . . Sasha and Bayley won most of their feuds over the last couple months. Charlotte, Lacey, Nikki, Alexa, the Iconics ... Asuka is really the only significant feuds they didn't win. And Given the fact that the Golden Role Models ended Kairi's career Asuka getting her comeuppance was justified.

But being great wrestlers and over does matter... that's why they monopolize the current WWE product more than any other superstars currently in the company.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-28-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Yeah it's wrestling so not being able to hold a belt more than a month doesn't matter. Not being able to win feuds doesn't matter and all of a sudden being tapped out 2 nights in a row doesn't matter. Even tho no top wrestler EVER has done some shit like that-Heck I can't even think of a all time jobber that happened to. Being a great wrestler and being over organically doesn't matter. But hey man I'm sure the writers agree with you none of this shit matters. But then they wonder why the ratings are shit.
    He isn't saying all those things don't matter. All these things are building to a bigger story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He isn't saying all those things don't matter. All these things are building to a bigger story.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd feel worse over Sasha not being able to retain her title longer if not for the fact that she had 2. I think our concern is better invested in the rest of the womans divsion quite frankly.

As far as Sasha and Bayley not winning able to win feuds . . . Sasha and Bayley won most of their feuds over the last couple months. Charlotte, Lacey, Nikki, Alexa, the Iconics ... Asuka is really the only significant feuds they didn't win. And Given the fact that the Golden Role Models ended Kairi's career Asuka getting her comeuppance was justified.

But being great wrestlers and over does matter... that's why they monopolize the current WWE product more than any other superstars currently in the company.
    Okay they're building a story but if the pay-off to this story is just another one-month title run- then that's not enough. It wasn't in the past and it's not now and really what's the point?. And the way that last match ended is not a sign of good faith. You need more than stories to keep an audience in wrestling. Ppl wanna see strong,competent stars being built up. Not just the ones Vince chooses.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-28-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Okay they're building a story but if the pay-off to this story is just another one-month title run- then that's not enough. It wasn't in the past and it's not now and really what's the point?. And the way that last match ended is not a sign of good faith. You need more than stories to keep an audience in wrestling. Ppl wanna see strong,competent stars being built up. Not just the ones Vince chooses.
    RIght now the champions in the womans division are Baysley, Sasha, Asuka, and Io. At least of now, I'm pretty good with the women Vince is choosing (though I suppose Io is more Triple H's choice).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    RIght now the champions in the womans division are Baysley, Sasha, Asuka, and Io. At least of now, I'm pretty good with the women Vince is choosing (though I suppose Io is more Triple H's choice).
    Right now he has no choice. His favorites are gone.

Ultimate Member

I agree with this. I hope that Sasha gets a proper title run this time. Bayley has been given an extended run and Sasha more than deserves one.

The problem with WWE is that Vince's booking lately has been weirdly erratic. Like the whole thing with Charlotte in the last few years was just bizarre.

The totally random nature of booking is what gets fans upset and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree with this. I hope that Sasha gets a proper title run this time. Bayley has been given an extended run and Sasha more than deserves one.

The problem with WWE is that Vince's booking lately has been weirdly erratic. Like the whole thing with Charlotte in the last few years was just bizarre.

The totally random nature of booking is what gets fans upset and rightfully so.
    Yeah man that's all I'm saying. You can't have good stories in wrestling with bad booking. And ppl like Sasha can't even get a decent title run in 5 years.

Right now he has no choice. His favorites are gone.
    I was pretty happy with Becky and Charlotte too. Nice thing about the Horsewomen is there's no real bad choice in the bunch.

Ultimate Member

Yeah man that's all I'm saying. You can't have good stories in wrestling with bad booking. And ppl like Sasha can't even get a decent title run in 5 years.
    Quoted in agreement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted in agreement.
    Yeah man it's weird how ppl can't grasp that concept.

Sami Zayn came back and claiming he's still the IC champion.

Mighty Member

"Smackdown" was a mixed bag.

The contract-signing plot was...forced (particularly the bit with Gulak).

Riddle and Shorty was not bad, but felt perfunctory. Hardy versus Shinseki was good. Callosto and Caesaro was excellent on every level.

If Sasha does not murder Bayley in her sleep by Sunday, I am calling shenanigans. (Good contrast between "best friends" and a team that dislikes each other with Bazler and Jax.)

I am a bit surprised that they are committing to Bliss going heel after all the time they spent making her a credible face.

The tag match deserved more time. (Are they making Seamus a face?) I was genuinely impressed with Morrison's strategic assessment and actionable plan.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/