Page 1225 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 22572511251175121512211222122312241225122612271228122912351275 ... LastLast
Results 18,361 to 18,375 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Brock still needs Heyman. The man can't talk. Every time it did he said things that were absolutely embarrassing. He needs a mouthpiece
    Yup.

xxxxxx

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

some people can but choose not to.

orton continues to be great. hurt business is also great but god damn throw those guys some wins, same with garza & andrade.
    Yeah man wins and losses matter. Stars need to be built up not torn down and new stars should always be on the rise not going to the main roster and being buried.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Roman (like CM Punk back in the day) strictly speaking didn't need Heyman.

But I think in part Heymans presence signifies that Roman is a true heel rather than a tweaner or a face who happens to act like a heel... in this day and age, it's sometimes hard to tell. I know I had a LITTLE difficulty figuring out if Romans attack at Summerslam was a legit heel turn or him simply trying to show for edge to him. But Heyman just sitting there communitates a heel turn.

And I also think this is a potential chance to really change up the character. Not that they are necessarily going to, as they might not want to fix it if it ain't broken. Maybe him coming out in a suit to cut promos for example, and be a more main event mafia type character. Again, he doesn't necessarily need a face lift... but if they go that route, Heyman can be a part of the package.

But I think the biggest asset is that it means Roman doesn't have to be there. Roman can be a special attraction that only occasionally shows up... Heycan can be there in his place. It makes Roman actually being there a bigger deal. And that also might be a health thing... maybe Roman wants to show up less often and Hey can speak for him.

It all adds up to lot of little things that Roman arguably doesn't need, but it's still potentially interesting
    Good point(s). I hadn’t considered some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Pairing Heyman and Roman is more comparable to when they paired Heyman with CM Punk. Punk in theory was more than capable of doing it alone... but Heyman still added something. And it meant Punk didn't necessarily always have to be there, which made him feel like more of a special attraction.
    Yeah, it just makes a good thing better. It’s a shot in arm to the wrestler’s heel turn turn and solidifies it.

Maybe Reigns does need Heyman. I mean, Reigns isn't the best on the mic either. He's better than Lesnar, but that's sort of like being a better foul shooter than Shaquille O'Neal.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Maybe Reigns does need Heyman. I mean, Reigns isn't the best on the mic either. He's better than Lesnar, but that's sort of like being a better foul shooter than Shaquille O'Neal.
    Roman is fine on the mic. Not an all time great by any means, but capable to the point where he doesn't need a mouth piece. Heyman can add to Roman, but Roman doesn't really need him.

I'll be interesting to see what happens if/when Brock returns.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Roman can be good when he's let loose. He did stuff for Fox Sports he killed it. That's the Roman we need.

Mighty Member

Heyman's job might simply be to remind audiences that Roman is a bad guy. Given everything that Roman has been through (which is impossible for audiences to not know about) and the fact that his return involved him clobbering two heels, reasonable people might need a reminder that Roman is a bad guy.

The "reality television" camera stuff is really grating on me.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

The funny thing is how many smarks used to boo Roman when he was a face. Now those same people will probably cheer him for having the "courage" to have a heel turn.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The funny thing is how many smarks used to boo Roman when he was a face. Now those same people will probably cheer him for having the "courage" to have a heel turn.
    A lot of perception of Reigns changed after leaving to treat his leukemia.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A lot of perception of Reigns changed after leaving to treat his leukemia.
    They also kept him away from the belt for quite a long time.

Astonishing Member

WWE must have improved it's safety protocols or something, Roman, Sami, Mickie James, KO, and a bunch of people who were opting out have suddenly come back. Did they just not want to go to the Performance Center?

Incredible Member

reigns probably had his best promo against cena and cena destroyed him on the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They also kept him away from the belt for quite a long time.
    Course, you can argue they kept Roman away from the belt in general. It took forever for Roman to get that belt off of Brock.

But title aside, I do think over exposure can hurt guys like Roman (and Cena back in the day). Roman taking time off helped with that. I think a top guy getting a little time off can make all the difference in the world. Obviously the reasons he took time off likely garnered him a good deal of sympathy as well.

Ultimate Member

Ruby and Liv vs. The IIconics has been added to the Payback pre-show.

I wonder how AJ Styles feels about Heyman being on Smackdown seeing as he was moved there from Raw specifically to get away from Paul. It'll be interesting to see if he comments in the situation.