Page 1226 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 22672611261176121612221223122412251226122712281229123012361276 ... LastLast
Results 18,376 to 18,390 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    reigns probably had his best promo against cena and cena destroyed him on the mic.

WWE made a very terrible move with this.

Cena is a “god on the mic” and very, very few superstars can keep up with him. Reigns isn’t the “verbal” type like Cena, so he was always going to get wrecked by Cena.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-30-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    WWE made a very terrible move with this.

Cena is a “god on the mic” and very, very superstars can keep up with him. Reigns isn’t the “verbal” type like Cena, so he was always going to get wrecked by Cena.
    I think having to spar with Cena on a mic ( something that even guys like the Rock can struggle with) actually improved Roman on the mic. Rather than hiding that short coming, he was forced to improve ... and I think he actually did. He's no Cena, but you can hand him the mic today and he'll be just fine.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think having to spar with Cena on a mic ( something that even guys like the Rock can struggle with) actually improved Roman on the mic. Rather than hiding that short coming, he was forced to improve ... and I think he actually did. He's no Cena, but you can hand him the mic today and he'll be just fine.
    yeah , against cena , reigns had a couple of weeks of cena destroying him verbally and he had to step it up a bit on the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    yeah , against cena , reigns had a couple of weeks of cena destroying him verbally and he had to step it up a bit on the mic.

Part of me wonders if they didn't hotshot the Cena/Roman feud just to force Reigns to step up a bit... otherwise that frankly should have been a Wrestlemania main event. It always surprised me that it was a quick throw away filler fued on a B level PPV.

Mighty Member

[QUOT.E]A lot of perception of Reigns changed after leaving to treat his leukemia. [/QUOTE]

It really shouldn't. But, yes, it probably will.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    [QUOT.E]A lot of perception of Reigns changed after leaving to treat his leukemia.
    It really shouldn't. But, yes, it probably will.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think a lot of the hate Cena and Roman got was pretty artifical anyways. People just started dumping on them because it became the "cool" thing to do.

That said, an actual heel turn by Roman makes all that almost ironic. He was a top face that got boo's for years. But because of his leukemia, he finally gets to a place where people don't boo him anymore... and then he comes back as a heel.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Honestly I think a lot of the hate Cena and Roman got was pretty artifical anyways. People just started dumping on them because it became the "cool" thing to do.

That said, an actual heel turn by Roman makes all that almost ironic. He was a top face that got boo's for years. But because of his leukemia, he finally gets to a place where people don't boo him anymore... and then he comes back as a heel.
    It wasn't the cool thing to do. They got boo for being shoved down people's throats and sacrificing more promising talents to them. I can't say Cena reaction is undeserved especially with what happened with the Nexus. Even Cena himself regretted the decision to not let them go over.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It wasn't the cool thing to do. They got boo for being shoved down people's throats and sacrificing more promising talents to them. I can't say Cena reaction is undeserved especially with what happened with the Nexus. Even Cena himself regretted the decision to not let them go over.
    Saying that Cena is shoved down people's throats is fine... saying that Cena wasn't good I think is just people just hating on him for the sake of hating on him. He evolved into one of the best all around sports entertainers of the modern era. Anyone who couldn't see that simply wasn't trying.

Not that it mattered what people on the internet said about him anyways. He got the push and the credit he deserved, so it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    WWE must have improved it's safety protocols or something, Roman, Sami, Mickie James, KO, and a bunch of people who were opting out have suddenly come back. Did they just not want to go to the Performance Center?
    At the Performance Center, there were all the NXT wannabes behind the two-way mirrors. At the Thunder-Dome, it's the "WWE Universe" via Zoom. I think that's the difference.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This basically.

There was a “dead period” in the late 2000s and 2010s when WWE just flat out refused to create new stars. Everything was just basically hung on Cena and fans didn’t like that at all.

It looked like they were about to do the same with Roman hence the boos. Between Roman beating his leukemia and his heel turn, I’m pretty sure his reception will be quite different.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-30-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

I see their taking the Sasha Banks approach with the Fiend and Title Defenses.

Retribution is now the more strategically inept stable ever.

Good to see things finally moving with the Sasha-Bayley storyline.

Ultimate Member

The Women's tag was, fun. It's time for Ruby and Liv to finally win the tag belts.

Crews vs. Lashley was really good.

Big E vs. Sheamus was a fun big man fight, and nice win for the former.

Riddle vs. Corbin was, fine. But wow they just cannot help themselves but drag out Corbin feuds too long.

The Women's tag title match was also good, with a ridiculously cool finish. Shayna looked like a beast throughout, and Nia was the weak link per usual. Can Shayna just defend those belts herself, she doesn't need Nia.

Rey/Dominik vs. Seth/Murphy was MOTN, so awesome. Rey being the ageless wonder, Dominik have so much potential, and a great finish. Magnifique.

Lee vs. Randy was badass, it really put Lee over as a top guy and kudos to Randy for putting him over that hard.

The ME was, fine, but heel Roman already feels like a breath of fresh air.

Really good show overall.

The ME was, fine, but heel Roman already feels like a breath of fresh air.
    This was a good shifty heel performance by Reigns. I really liked it.

Ultimate Member

Agreed. Hopefully they resist the urge to make him a full on chickens**t heel thought, because well look at him.