Page 1233 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 23373311331183122312291230123112321233123412351236123712431283 ... LastLast
Results 18,481 to 18,495 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That Matt Sydal while dangerous looking drew laughter from me. It'll probably be added to the Botchamania opening package. Its that epic.

The Matt Hardy one was terrifying. The match should have been called off.
    Between the chairshot Matt received a few weeks back and this spot, this is unintentionally the scariest wrestling feud I've ever seen. Matt arguably almost freaking died twice.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post

so whose legs was in smacldown mysterious vignette. With that furcoat ,i thinking it's either carmella or a returning eva marie.
    Eva Marie would be fun. Not that she was a good wrestler, but her entrace was pretty original and I enjoyed the heat she got. Course, with no fans that would be neutered.

But if I had to guess I'd say Chelsea Green. She seperated from the Robert Stone brand and hasn't been on NXT for awhile... so I assume that means either she's being called up or let go.

Astonishing Member

That Matt Sydal botch while dangerous looking drew laughter from me. It'll probably be added to the Botchamania opening package. Its that epic.

The Matt Hardy one was terrifying. The match should have been called off.
    Ok in the Hardy match--it looked like the ref tried to call the match off multiple times. Even tried to get the bell rung. When she did the "X" the first time, no one ran out. I know the refs aren't real in wrestling but do they not really have the power to stop the match like that? People that have concussions don't know they have it and can't be trusted to continue.

AEW is a legitimate wrestling alternative, but with all the scandals they've had lately, they're showing they are not the moral alternative that people were hoping they would be.

Poor Matt Sydal, fortunately most people who follow wrestling already know who he is, so this isn't necessarily a Shockmaster scenario. That said, a lot of people on Twitter and forums who didn't realize he was Evan Bourne.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eva Marie would be fun. Not that she was a good wrestler, but her entrace was pretty original and I enjoyed the heat she got. Course, with no fans that would be neutered.

But if I had to guess I'd say Chelsea Green. She seperated from the Robert Stone brand and hasn't been on NXT for awhile... so I assume that means either she's being called up or let go.
    There's been rumors that Eva Marie secretly re-signed with the WWE earlier this spring, but I agree it's probably Chelsea. That said, Eva Marie's movie is coming out soon I think, so it would be the right time for her to make her debut if she was going to do so. She still interacts with WWE folks on Twitter occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ok in the Hardy match--it looked like the ref tried to call the match off multiple times. Even tried to get the bell rung. When she did the "X" the first time, no one ran out. I know the refs aren't real in wrestling but do they not really have the power to stop the match like that? People that have concussions don't know they have it and can't be trusted to continue.

AEW is a legitimate wrestling alternative, but with all the scandals they've had lately, they're showing they are not the moral alternative that people were hoping they would be.

Poor Matt Sydal, fortunately most people who follow wrestling already know who he is, so this isn't necessarily a Shockmaster scenario. That said, a lot of people on Twitter and forums who didn't realize he was Evan Bourne.
    I don't follow twitter but I can only imagine what Hardys wife is saying about all of this on social media. She seems to be the vocal type. Espeically since this might have been the second time in a row Hardy arguably could have been killed in AEW. First that hair shot and now this. Brutal.

Ultimate Member

My understanding is that referees can stop matches if there is a legitimate injury. During matches, a key part of their role is to constantly check the health of the performers.

Aubrey Edwards gave the X sign but the match continued. Tony Khan confirmed that he allowed the match to continue. IMO Tony Khan made a very bad decision and AEW need to really look at the level and number of botches lately.

They can appear funny at times but they can be very, very dangerous.

My understanding is that referees can stop matches if there is a legitimate injury. During matches, a key part of their role is to constantly check the health of the performers.

Aubrey Edwards gave the X sign but the match continued. Tony Khan confirmed that he allowed the match to continue. IMO Tony Khan made a very bad decision and AEW need to really look at the level and number of botches lately.

The thing about that particular spot is despite the legit danger of it all ... it didn't even look like that cool a spot. It wasn't this breath taking spot like Foley off of Hell in he Cell or Shane off the Titantron. It came off sort of awkward and ugly. Totally not worth it.

I guess AEW has to have these sort of big spots for their big shows, but it just came off looking second rate indy spot.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't like how Tony is putting it on the doctor. Everyone that was there was trying to get Matt to stop.

Ultimate Member

Aubrey threw up the X twice, and looked legit shook up. Ultimately, it was Tony Khan's call and he made the wrong one here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Aubrey threw up the X twice, and looked legit shook up. Ultimately, it was Tony Khan's call and he made the wrong one here.
    To me, it seems that any one of them (Ref, Doctor, Company Owner, Performer) should be able to stop the match, even if the others want to continue. Once the ref got worried and tried to stop it, they should have all gone out and stopped it.

I can understand the company owner supposedly "siding with the expert", but in this case, the ref is closest to the action and saw the bump, she should have the authority to stop the match. The fact that no one else did anything is just as awful.

I'm tired of seeing stuff like that match or Kairi Sane ever again. Fix the concussion protocol.

Also, that should probably be it for Matt Hardy. I think WWE might have been right...

To me, it seems that any one of them (Ref, Doctor, Company Owner, Performer) should be able to stop the match, even if the others want to continue. Once the ref got worried and tried to stop it, they should have all gone out and stopped it.

I can understand the company owner supposedly "siding with the expert", but in this case, the ref is closest to the action and saw the bump, she should have the authority to stop the match. The fact that no one else did anything is just as awful.

I'm tired of seeing stuff like that match or Kairi Sane ever again. Fix the concussion protocol.

Also, that should probably be it for Matt Hardy. I think WWE might have been right...
    In the least Hardy should seriously consider wrestling a less extreme style. He's at the point where he doesn't need to jump off of 15 foot platforms through tables or have chairs thrown at his head. He can just wrestle regular wrestling matches for the rest of his career. Or focus on the cinematic wrestling stuff. Unlike a good quarter of AEW he knows how to get over and tell a story with a regular wrestling match in the middle of the ring. And that's all he needs to do.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in comical news over the last couple days , it appears 2 men have long been vindicated in the David Arquette WCW Champion situation.

- Conrad Thompson told Bischoff in a spot with Tony Shiavone he came forward to say ...the idea of putting the WCW World title on him was his idea. That at the booking meeting near the end he was sitting and thinking about it. That to create attention and get some mainstream focus back on WCW as a wild swerve they put the World title on David. It would shock people. He told this to Russo.

- Russo bounced it around and NO ONE OBJECTED. And this is how it went.

- Bischoff comically was like , for 20+ years all I've received is blame for everyone for this as they blamed him. He comically told Conrad to call Meltzer and inform him.

So the long held theory was it was a Russo and Bischoff idea. Now its coming out neither man was thinking of this at all. Until Tony Shiavone discussed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUkR8Yzjpto
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the least Hardy should seriously consider wrestling a less extreme style. He's at the point where he doesn't need to jump off of 15 foot platforms through tables or have chairs thrown at his head. He can just wrestle regular wrestling matches for the rest of his career. Or focus on the cinematic wrestling stuff. Unlike a good quarter of AEW he knows how to get over and tell a story with a regular wrestling match in the middle of the ring. And that's all he needs to do.
    Exactly.

Matt is a 45 year old man, the days of “team extreme” are over. He should simply change his style up and learn from guys like Chris Jericho.

Astonishing Member

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

AEW defense force have taken to attacking Reby Hardy for absolutely demonizing the company for allowing Matt to continue the match. Also throwing shade at Meltzer and Alvarez for giving updates when she has spoken to neither of them. I know being a psycho bitch is her default mode but given the circumstances it's warranted.