Page 1235 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 23573511351185122512311232123312341235123612371238123912451285 ... LastLast
Results 18,511 to 18,525 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE wrongs doesn't absolve AEW of their's. WWE doesn't have power over what they do.
    It was in reference to the article. They are equating the rising problem to the concussion problem in the NFL.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes, I've seen Foley take big bumps... but the point was he didn't do it every show on every night. Same with Hardy. I think he did it too often as well.... but not every freaking night.
    Someone on reddit put up early and later career Foley bumps I was linking (before the crash) and it was shown he did plunge enough that Sullivan claimed he saw it at shows. Hardy was seemingly doing it every PPV with a big ladder swanton. (a fact its said he has stopped doing the move as much from 2018 onward due to back issues).

And the whole "ECW DID THIS EVERY NIGHT..." I attended several ECW house shows in 1999 (2 or 3) . There was no balcony jumps , there was no flaming tables or barbed wire etc) . The most ECW thing I saw was Sandman pour beer on a woman in ring and all. (Also in person I was spooked of New Jack and Francine was sweet selling merch)

I DO think ECW can get a lot of the credit for hardcore wrestling becoming popularized in the US. All these idiot indy guys jumping off of barns into pick up trucks filled with light bulbs in part I think were inspired by ECW. It didn't create hardcore wrestling... but it make it cool to a certain blood thirsty portion of the wrestling fan base.

ECW wants to get credit for a lot of the stuff we got in the Attitude Era... deservedly so. But I also think they should get the blame for creating this small but rapid niche part of the fan base that wants to emmulate people wrestling in barb wife and jumpting through flaming tables with thumb tax. By supplying it EVERY night, it put the wrestlers and fans in this vicious cycle where they had to constantly try and top themselves.
    ECW will take the blame for the violence and aspects other promotions followed as we saw. They deserve that blame for sure. They took something from Japan as FMW was big there and carried it here. They didn't realize that after their demise others like CZW and more would carry it on with more insane violence and management not giving a shit for health of talent.

Sadly for Mick he will carry some blame as well . His home video of this , which became a staple of Backyard kids wrestling is what inspired them it appears.

Its one of those that really made kids think it was cool to dive off barns etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE wrongs doesn't absolve AEW of their's. WWE doesn't have power over what they do.
    Read the final statement ....MANAGEMENT FOR ALL COMPANIES fail and are responsible. This includes every company listed. You have to hold every company responsible ...ECW , WCW , WWF/E,TNA etc. Each company has failed with this. Its not just saying oooh look at WWE. No they aren't protected in this and neither is AEW.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Too bad about Richochet and Cedric. I sort of liked them as a tag team.

Incredible Member

good for cedric. the hurt business is gaining business and going places.

rey mysterio family practically grew up on wwe tv since rey mysterio family is always involved in his storylines. wonder if the daughter , alia will join the wwe as well...
    Last edited by marshal88; 09-07-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And if you watched a number would say it was a lot of the guys believing they had to top themselves to do these dangerous spots. Some would do them repeatedly ala New Jack in ECW as he'd dive off balcony's after he did it once. Hell even Terry Funk who was in his 50's was doing moonsaults as we saw. It was the talent at times not reigning themselves in for these type of spots.

A fact that it just wasn't an ECW mentality. We had seen it for years in WWF , WCW and Japan. The fabled death matches as we know in Japan. The WCW spots where someone would advise a wrestler to not do a leg drop to a concrete floor (he ignored them and broke his ass) or WWF as someone had to tell Foley to tame it down after Hell in a Cell shortened his Career. In TNA we discussed a couple weeks ago the effect on Abyss who wrecked his body in hardcore matches and Foley in an interview spot praised him and joked he was now telling Abyss they had to tame it down to not get him hurt.

Wrestlers at times believe they can do anything. This mentality you speak of existed in this business and as we see still does.
    I was talking about ECW fans being ghouls. Don't know why you started talking about the wrestlers themselves.

Astonishing Member

Heartwarming moments like the Mysterio Family murdering Buddy Murphy is why we all love wrestling.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Heartwarming moments like the Mysterio Family murdering Buddy Murphy is why we all love wrestling.
    Thou Shalt Not Eff La Familia Mysterio.

Loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I was talking about ECW fans being ghouls. Don't know why you started talking about the wrestlers themselves.
    Because they are at times pushing things further than they should and a company and management needs to step in. Hardy was an example of this. He should have been stopped even if he protested. Khan should have stepped in.

As far as the fans go ...it wasn't just ECW fans who pushed for violence and more ...it was WCW , WWF , TNA , CWZ and more who seemingly loved this violence. ECW sure played a part but so has every company with violent hardcore matches and those we have seen for 30+ years on TV and PPV etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In sad news that really hits , Chris Jericho has learned Ralphus has passed away. He had passed some months ago but Jericho just learned about it. RIP Ralphus. Your story is such a good one. A guy who drove one of the WCW trucks and had done work like that for years. Then Jericho needed someone for a role and saw him and he started bringing him out on TV.

A story was he even got a WCW contract as well as he stuck around becoming Norman Smiley's security guard onscreen too.

Ultimate Member

This was an, interesting, Raw:

Cedric turning heel was refreshing. He desperately needed a reset and hopefully he can also find a personality.

Shesaro showing up was cool, at this point they should just unify the tag belts. There aren't enough teams to spread across two shows. Having one set of belts that all the teams can compete over would refresh things I think.

Speaking of tag teams, I hope Ivar is ok, that looked nasty.

Peyton vs. Billie was, not good unfortunately. Splitting them up was just a dumb move, they work so much better together than apart.

They continue to put Keith Lee over as a big deal, cool.

Liv is only the fourth woman in WWE to pin Shayna, cool. Nia would have lost to if not for Retribution. Riott Squad NEED to win those tag belts finally, it's LONG overdue and it'd be the perfect payoff to their story. Also Nia and Shayna hating each other gives them an out.

Asuka vs. Mickie is a PPV-worthy match, I wish it was there. But I'm betting Lana and Nattie interfer next week and we maybe get a triple threat at CoC.

Drew is so cool. He's a babyface who retaliates when you mess with him and seeing him get Orton back was awesome.

Speaking of awesome, seeing the entire Mysterio family giving Murphy a well-deserved beating was great. I especially loved Rey's wife and daughter getting into it as well.

Incredible Member

another week of raw , another week without bianca not showing up while that waste of space , lana keeps appearing. what the wwe are doing with bianca ia a major waste of talent,

Because they are at times pushing things further than they should and a company and management needs to step in. Hardy was an example of this. He should have been stopped even if he protested. Khan should have stepped in.
    This literally has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

As far as the fans go ...it wasn't just ECW fans who pushed for violence and more ...it was WCW , WWF , TNA , CWZ and more who seemingly loved this violence. ECW sure played a part but so has every company with violent hardcore matches and those we have seen for 30+ years on TV and PPV etc.
    Again, has nothing to with why I mentioned the ghoulish behavior of old ECW fans. Please stop with the unrelated tangents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    This literally has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Again, has nothing to with why I mentioned the ghoulish behavior of old ECW fans. Please stop with the unrelated tangents.

You bring up this evil ghoulish behavior of one segment of wrestling fans and heap blame on them only for how they demanded and loved violence etc. Except it wasn't just them and its not a tangent. You just didn't want to hear the absolute damn truth that the entire industry has that segment of fans and has had them for years.

ECW is responsible for taking the violence from promotions like FMW and turning it over here for sure. They would inspire a waive of violent promotions like CZW and more. That is their fault. Their inspiration was what led to many there But do not sit and go "ONLY THE ECW GHOULS.." deal. Because we have seen its not just that segment of fans who craved violence.

My memory started clicking and I remembered , didn't Mick Foley try to advise kids not to be Backyard Wrestlers ? Then I was like...yeah it was actually in a MTV True Life from 2000. Its in this video and he brings up the dive off the roof.

What is wild is ...I wonder what happened to all the kids involved ? The teenagers would be my age now. I can only hope they didn't get seriously injured. But its clear with NWO , WWF and ECW shirts then...pro wrestling was at its peak and kids like this wanted to do it. Yep pretty damn wrong to do what were seeing for sure. I know as kids we'd all wrassle around with friends but nothing to this level.

The parents though....WOW.

EDIT : According to what reddit and the video comments claims 3 of the group involved passed away , one is a lawyer now , one is a Dentist and another is a Cop. There is a claim one of them actually appeared as Harold from WWE Anger Management. No idea...will check.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 09-08-2020 at 01:13 AM.

You bring up this evil ghoulish behavior of one segment of wrestling fans and heap blame on them only for how they demanded and loved violence etc. Except it wasn't just them and its not a tangent. You just didn't want to hear the absolute damn truth that the entire industry has that segment of fans and has had them for years.

ECW is responsible for taking the violence from promotions like FMW and turning it over here for sure. They would inspire a waive of violent promotions like CZW and more. That is their fault. Their inspiration was what led to many there But do not sit and go "ONLY THE ECW GHOULS.." deal. Because we have seen its not just that segment of fans who craved violence.
    It seems like you weren't following what the topic of discussion was about to begin with to understand why I referenced ECW fans in the first place. -_______________-