Page 1237 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2377371137118712271233123412351236123712381239124012411247 ... LastLast
Results 18,541 to 18,555 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Yeah Rumor has it Fox was super interested and was going to make a play for her. The only thing is that there's not necessarily any sports right at this moment. She's a big NBA fan so I could see her doing basketball.

(Also I think her idea of a roving sideline reporter like in Wrestling was really good and should be used regularly)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I think that's why the clause isn't really an issue. I mean, I don't have it in front of me or anything, but I'm assuming it only applies to other wrestling promotions, and wouldn't hamper her getting a position with say, Fox Sports or something (only using Fox Sports as an example as she already has history with the company doing Backstage on FS1). Heck, even Mox himself said he can see her doing a gig outside of just wrestling.

The one year thing seems excessive, but I don't really think it will harm her career chances.
    One year in pro wrestling is just odd. I have heard 2-3 months as No Compete deals end. Eric Bischoff comically brought up in his podcast that when he signed Raven and Stevie Richards in summer of 1997 , Paul Heyman had signed talent to 6 month contracts in ECW where if they left , they couldn't do a PPV in that span. But as Bischoff claims you could drive a Ford truck through what he had people sign and Turner would just cough up money to Heyman to settle it quick. (A fact Bischoff said Heyman was really good at getting Turner to pay him because its essentially what he wanted lol)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah Rumor has it Fox was super interested and was going to make a play for her. The only thing is that there's not necessarily any sports right at this moment. She's a big NBA fan so I could see her doing basketball.

(Also I think her idea of a roving sideline reporter like in Wrestling was really good and should be used regularly)
    The NBA is back so she can definitely do something basketball related

Ultimate Member

That was a great show:

The NXT Title match was fantastic. Two great workers going at it for 25 minutes, and it was awesome. And the right guy won, Finn is the best guy to be champ right now.

The Io/Shotzi segment was amusing, and Io vs. Shotzi next week sounds great. Two daredevils going at it, I cannot wait.

The Tegan/Candice/Johnny segment was also really fun.

Reed vs. Theory and Roddy vs. Dain were both solid.

The Cage match was badass. Two powerful badass women beating the crap out of each other, it was just as cool as I was hoping it'd be. And that finish was fantastic, also the right woman won imo.

Rhea is a STAR, she's the future of the WWE women's division. It should be clear now. Some want to see her vs. Io, and I'd love that as well. But I personally want to see her vs. Raquel first, that could be badass as well.

And next week's show looks stacked as well

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That was a great show:

The NXT Title match was fantastic. Two great workers going at it for 25 minutes, and it was awesome. And the right guy won, Finn is the best guy to be champ right now.

The Io/Shotzi segment was amusing, and Io vs. Shotzi next week sounds great. Two daredevils going at it, I cannot wait.

The Tegan/Candice/Johnny segment was also really fun.

Reed vs. Theory and Roddy vs. Dain were both solid.

The Cage match was badass. Two powerful badass women beating the crap out of each other, it was just as cool as I was hoping it'd be. And that finish was fantastic, also the right woman won imo.

Rhea is a STAR, she's the future of the WWE women's division. It should be clear now. Some want to see her vs. Io, and I'd love that as well. But I personally want to see her vs. Raquel first, that could be badass as well.

And next week's show looks stacked as well
    100 percent true
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Assuming the rumours are correct about Mercedes, Mia and other NXT superstars making up Retribution this week, I'm trying to get a handle on their motivation.

“This Thunderdome is only a facade – behind the mountain of screens is the same foundation. The same WWE as before. The same behemoth who discarded and disowned us and left us to survive in an unfair world. Where the powerful continue to grow, while we are left to feed on nothing but the scraps of contempt.”

I mean, obviously the first assumption based on that speech is that it's a group of wrestlers that have previously been released. But Mercedes and Mia wouldn't fit that description. Alternatively then, it might have alluded to Retribution being wrestlers who worked the indies for a while before being hired by the WWE. But given that they now have jobs, it seems like that would be a stretch to inspire so much supposed anger. Or maybe they're wrestlers that had unsuccessful tryouts before eventually getting a contract? But that's still fundamentally the same thing, the idea that Retribution are basically saying "Waaah!!! You didn't hire us soon enough, it's not faiiiiirrr!!!"

I supposed it could be something as simple as being NXT performers playing up the idea that the main roster got a Thunderdome and they'e still wrestling at the PC? I dunno though, I can't really think of anything that fits in regard to Mercedes and/or Mia, based on that speech. Which would then support the rumour doing the rounds that the whole stable is being played by different superstars every week, none of whom might be in the actual group when it's finally revealed.

And a logo? Really? Because nothing says "the locust of contempt will feed on all of you" like a bit of corporate branding, soon to be available on shirts at all good retailers.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Assuming the rumours are correct about Mercedes, Mia and other NXT superstars making up Retribution this week, I'm trying to get a handle on their motivation.

“This Thunderdome is only a facade – behind the mountain of screens is the same foundation. The same WWE as before. The same behemoth who discarded and disowned us and left us to survive in an unfair world. Where the powerful continue to grow, while we are left to feed on nothing but the scraps of contempt.”

I mean, obviously the first assumption based on that speech is that it's a group of wrestlers that have previously been released. But Mercedes and Mia wouldn't fit that description. Alternatively then, it might have alluded to Retribution being wrestlers who worked the indies for a while before being hired by the WWE. But given that they now have jobs, it seems like that would be a stretch to inspire so much supposed anger. Or maybe they're wrestlers that had unsuccessful tryouts before eventually getting a contract? But that's still fundamentally the same thing, the idea that Retribution are basically saying "Waaah!!! You didn't hire us soon enough, it's not faiiiiirrr!!!"

I supposed it could be something as simple as being NXT performers playing up the idea that the main roster got a Thunderdome and they'e still wrestling at the PC? I dunno though, I can't really think of anything that fits in regard to Mercedes and/or Mia, based on that speech. Which would then support the rumour doing the rounds that the whole stable is being played by different superstars every week, none of whom might be in the actual group when it's finally revealed.

And a logo? Really? Because nothing says "the locust of contempt will feed on all of you" like a bit of corporate branding, soon to be available on shirts at all good retailers.
    Have Retribution targeted NXT at all? Maybe this all is just another NXT invasion angle of the main roster building towards Survivor Series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

There's someone that was going over the Retribution videos online--they have definitely been rotating people in and out. One week there was a black member of Retribution (who looked like Xavier Woods) and then another week he was gone. That said, it would be an interesting part of the gimmick if it were like a 20 person "stable" and they were intentionally rotating people in and out.

The only thing I think that makes sense (other than being formerly released talent) is that it's a faction made out of various superstars who are signed but otherwise unused by WWE. There's a lot of superstars sitting on the sidlines doing nothing right now.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I don't think WWE has put that much thought into what Retributions motives are supposed to be. The entire story has felt very scattershot so far.

Also in other news, no surprise but Taynara Conti has officially signed to AEW, and she's facing Nyla Rose on Dynamite this week.

WWE usually takes way too long to get to the reveal with storylines like this. So Retribution can attack anyone, anywhere, any time. Got it. Now let's get to the reveal already.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    WWE usually takes way too long to get to the reveal with storylines like this. So Retribution can attack anyone, anywhere, any time. Got it. Now let's get to the reveal already.
    I think they will wait until a little closer to Survivor Series. That's an ideal enviroment for some sort of faction to confront the WWE.

The concussion lawsuit is officially dead https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ircuit-674586/

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The concussion lawsuit is officially dead https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ircuit-674586/
    For his sake I hope that Kryos guy is a pretty sucessful lawyer, because he amount of money he needs to pay the WWE to cover their legal fees in his endless string of bogus cases must be racking up. Guy just doesn't know when to quit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think WWE has put that much thought into what Retributions motives are supposed to be. The entire story has felt very scattershot so far.

Also in other news, no surprise but Taynara Conti has officially signed to AEW, and she's facing Nyla Rose on Dynamite this week.
    Agreed completely.

The only thing that saves Retribution is if they join forces with Rollins. Rollins becomes a multi show performer.

Have Retribution takes over Raw Underground and that becomes the only you see them fight. Make that multi branded segment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Agreed completely.

The only thing that saves Retribution is if they join forces with Rollins. Rollins becomes a multi show performer.
    Becky is supposed to be due in early December, so most people are assuming that he's going to do one last feud with Murphy (presumably to put him over) and then take some time off....

Right now I'm also grasping at straws as to what (or who) can save Retribution. They've almost written themselves into a corner with it. Either no one will care about the reveal, or if it's someone big the reveal likely won't make any narrative sense, esp. if it's a RAW exclusive stable.