Page 1244 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2447441144119412341240124112421243124412451246124712481254 ... LastLast
Results 18,646 to 18,660 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Melina can keep herself from getting fired, she can be a huge star even in this era. AEW should have tried snagging her if she's available because their womans division needs her more.
    I was actually sure with the NWA crossover storyline, that we'd eventually start seeing Melina and Sienna (Allysin Kay) coming over to AEW as well. I'm sure that she'll mostly be used like Mickie and putting the new girls over. She can't quite go as much as she used to, but there is storyline potential there.

I actually think that Serena signing with AEW might have scared WWE into grabbing anyone with talent available again.

Rosa said in an interview recently that a lot of the women in AEW are basically learning this on the fly as they don't have the experience of working traditional TV. Someone that has that experience from working that style with WWE would do wonders in helping the women get to that point, on top of adding a bit of credibility to their roster from a casual audience.
    I forgot who it was in NXT that said that, that's the main skill a lot of Indy guys (who are already good wrestlers) really learn at the training center. How to work for TV. I think that as we can see with the sudden interest from TV/Movies in WWE Stars, that experience also pays off. You get someone who looks good in front of the camera, knows how to be on TV and can even do their own stunts and fight choreography.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you might find it boring(i'm not super into it but interested in what they do with heel bucks) but it's succeeded in getting adam page over enough to be the main eventer they wanted him to be while also making quite a few good-great matches.

still don't get the hype about ftr, i guess if their gimmick is to be nothing special they are living the gimmick. also mjf is great at what he does, but what he does is still pretty generic. just wish he could find something unique unto himself to bring to the table so i don't feel like i've seen his act a million times whenever he's on. like richard holiday with his lawyer-slash-father & air pods at least.
    I am on the opposite on that. Adam Page was already over as the beer drinking lariat swinging bad ass drunk. The weak Page heel turn that turned into a much needed heel turn for the Bucks which led to the Omega heel turn is pure Russo. Now we have 4 jerks who don't like each other. I am supposed to root for Page, not feel like he is the most likable member of the Jerk Circle.

MJF is just TV 14 Miz.That isn't a bad thing. Miz can cut a great heel promo. He is always on. But his matches are lack luster. But you care enough to see him get punched in the face .

I actually think MJF should join FTR. My issue with FTR is that I feel like they should have been the Outsiders. They are not about this video game wrestling.
    FTR and MJF giimick we are here to beat all the fake wrestlers while collecting a paycheck to do it.

But AEW has been more enjoyable over the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I am on the opposite on that. Adam Page was already over as the beer drinking lariat swinging bad ass drunk. The weak Page heel turn that turned into a much needed heel turn for the Bucks which led to the Omega heel turn is pure Russo. Now we have 4 jerks who don't like each other. I am supposed to root for Page, not feel like he is the most likable member of the Jerk Circle.

MJF is just TV 14 Miz.That isn't a bad thing. Miz can cut a great heel promo. He is always on. But his matches are lack luster. But you care enough to see him get punched in the face .

I actually think MJF should join FTR. My issue with FTR is that I feel like they should have been the Outsiders. They are not about this video game wrestling.
    FTR and MJF giimick we are here to beat all the fake wrestlers while collecting a paycheck to do it.

I think FTR needs a manager who basically parrots Cornettes AEW rants each week. With the AEW base, that should get pretty good heat.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't think FTR need a manager at all. Dax and Cash are fine talkers. A manager would only benefit them if they want someone to run inference in their matches.

Astonishing Member

Melina said on Facebook/Twitter that she has not signed yet, but admits she has been talking to WWE.

Ultimate Member

Cesaro vs. Metalik was a fun match.

Sasha's promo was very good, although I do hope her and Bayley expand on it moving forward. Also once again WWE security sucks at their jobs. Normally I'd be against the first match in a feud being inside HIAC. But this one already feels so bitter and personal that I so want to see these two try and kill each other inside the Cell.

Alexa does a beautiful Sister Abigail, and Lacey sold it great as well.

AJ vs. Sami vs. Jeff in a ladder match=Hell Yeah!!

I have no issue with Carmella getting a re-package. However, she hasn't been gone all that long and it feels like, if it's just her, these vignettes hiding the "mystery woman's" identity is pointless. Although if they swerve us and it's actually Chelsea Green or Melina instead, I'd give them props for that.

Serious Big E is badass.

Heel Roman is awesome.

Good show overall.

Astonishing Member

I assume Sasha was taken out again because they want to slow down the feud for a bit. If Vince really does the match to main event Wrestlemania, then they have to keep them apart sometime. Plus if Sasha is really in the Mandalorian, she might end up doing promo work.

I actually think Alexa's Sister Abigail looks deadlier than Bray's, I wonder if it's because she's shorter?

Ditto the Big E and Roman packaging. Both look amazing.

Ultimate Member

The LAST thing they should do is slow down Sasha/Bayley. It's been dragged out so long already and is just heating up. They need to just do it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    MJF is unique. Compared to everyone else on AEW that has some silly gimmick to a varying degrees he's honestly a breath of fresh air. I honestly want to see more of him than dumb **** like Best Friends.
    "unique" is the last word i'd use to describe him. from his catch phrase to his scarf to his finisher, none are unique. also if you don't think mjf has some degree of sillyness to his gimmick i think you need to take a 2nd look.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    i think you're miscalculating when this thing whole thing started.

damn, you say that's NOT a bad thing but i think you'd have a hard time finding a wrestler who wouldn't take that as such. i wouldn't go that far but i agree with the rest.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 09-18-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Pro: they're letting Sami actually wrestle.

Con: They're pretending Covid doesn't exist

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Con: They're pretending Covid doesn't exist
    I'm assuming that all of the talent are tested right before the show...(and hopefully stopped doing stupid stuff like going to bars)

Incredible Member

this bayley/sasha feud is always good , they did it every few years ever since nxt probably because their matches were always awesome.

about thunder rosa and ivelise, i thought the match started off rough with some miscommunication but ended up alright. from what i hear though they were having some kind of disagreements going into the match and there may have been some shooting during the match that was edited out. imo neither seemed to want to sell for the other at the start.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    about thunder rosa and ivelise, i thought the match started off rough with some miscommunication but ended up alright. from what i hear though they were having some kind of disagreements going into the match and there may have been some shooting during the match that was edited out. imo neither seemed to want to sell for the other at the start.
    In this case, Ive is the under woman in the match so she sells for a goddamn champ. Especially when you're trying to get signed to the company helming this talent exchange

Mighty Member

Sympathetic Sasha.... bah.

I get the reasoning. (WWE needs her to be a face for new fans, especially because she is involved with Star Wars.) But, this ruined one of my favorite tag teams.

What is the plan for Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross? Nikki was dressed on her "going heel" outfit. Alexa is conflicted, but going heel...but has a podcast.

Lacey as a heel is one of my current favorite things. (But, where is Naomi?)

Jeff Hardy might be sick of the insanity surrounding the Intercontinental belt, but it is so much fun to watch.

Con: They're pretending Covid doesn't exist.
    So? Why does WWE need to build the pandemic in to a high profile angle?

Caesaro v/s Metalik (with their respective cohorts) is fast becoming the thing I don't want WWE creative to screw up.

A few weeks ago, somebody said they were expecting Roman and Uso to team up. The way that Heyman was looking at them both seems to support that.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/