Page 1254 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2547541154120412441250125112521253125412551256125712581264 ... LastLast
Results 18,796 to 18,810 of 19298

I’m starting to realize that most wrestling fans these days are starting to become nostalgia marks. That’s why it’s almost impossible for new stars to be built up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    I’m starting to realize that most wrestling fans these days are starting to become nostalgia marks. That’s why it’s almost impossible for new stars to be built up.
    Yes and no, I think both fans and Booker got those lenses on BUT it's really on booking to give the prospects the jet pack, cuz fans have tried numerous times (ie. Rusev, Ryder) along with Vince being old with a short attention span

i think you mean wwe fans, and it's not really their fault. wwe is pretty consistent with their message that the current stars aren't as good as the old ones.

i thought the butcher/andy williams did a great job with the opportunity he had in the main event of dynamite. he's already more fun to watch than the blade. also good to see britt baker back, the women's division needs her.

Honestly I think wrestlng fans have always been nostalgic marks.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Scum bag WWE at it again. The company wants to take over talents twitch accounts. Failure to comply would result in fines, suspensions or termination. Oh, twitch earning will be taken from their downside guarantee

https://amp.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...mpression=true

Fuck this company

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Scum bag WWE at it again. The company wants to take over talents twitch accounts. Failure to comply would result in fines, suspensions or termination. Oh, twitch earning will be taken from their downside guarantee

Fuck this company
    Meh. I'll say what I said when this issue came up last time. If these WWE strars are on twicth making money by essentially being their WWE character on there then WWE should get some of the money they make.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Meh. I'll say what I said when this issue came up last time. If these WWE strars are on twicth making money by essentially being their WWE character on there then WWE should get some of the money they make.
    Most of the time they aren't in character, and not even using their ring names. UUDD and Asuka deliberately use other names on their channels.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

So Chris Jericho was on the StuGotz show today on ESPN. He was the guest picking the winner of NFL games. He was talking about his very first match 30 years ago. He said during the interview, he keeps handwritten journal of every match he has ever had. Crazy. His first match was before 130 fans. The promoter at the time wanted him to have a Cowboy persona. Cowboy Chris Jericho was going to be his name. LOL

Extraordinary Member

So apparently Roman's having a rematch with Jey, and I think it's a match inside the cell

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Fuck this company
    are you a talent for wwe. why on earth are you so upset about.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    For people who are legally independent contractors the company expect them to be employees. Taking control of their additional revenue stream is bullshit. They are not entitled to it.

Ultimate Member

"That percentage will go against their downside guarantee."

This is the most sh***y part imo. Because it essentially means that the talent isn't making any extra money in the end.

WWE doing this when they're making record profits and in the middle of a pandemic where making some extra money is even more important, just makes them look extra greedy and callous.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think wrestlng fans have always been nostalgic marks.

this is true, as a kid in the 80's while hulkamania was supposedly "running wild" everybody i knew was actually longing for the days of karl gotch vs george hackenschmidt.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    yeah man i don't get these people who care about anyone other than themselves . what's the deal with that??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-02-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    "That percentage will go against their downside guarantee."

This is the most sh***y part imo. Because it essentially means that the talent isn't making any extra money in the end.

WWE doing this when they're making record profits and in the middle of a pandemic where making some extra money is even more important, just makes them look extra greedy and callous.
    Agreed. It’s a pretty shitty thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    this is true, as a kid in the 80's while hulkamania was supposedly "running wild" everybody i knew was actually longing for the days of karl gotch vs george hackenschmidt.

yeah man i don't get these people who care about anyone other than themselves . what's the deal with that??
    Wouldn't go that far as to say they were naustalgic for Karl and George... but I'll wager many of the long time adult fans at the time would have marked out for Bruno.

If you're an adult wrestling fans, I think you're potentially likely to pop for the wrestlers you grew up watching as a kid. That's probably normal for any sport, but maybe a little moreso in pro-wrestling. You're not likely to see Joe Montana or Steve YOung come out of retirement to throw the game winning pass at the Superbowl... but there's always a possibility your favorite wrestler from a previous generation might show up at the Royal Rumble or whatever.