Page 1255 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2557551155120512451251125212531254125512561257125812591265 ... LastLast
Results 18,811 to 18,825 of 19298
    Mighty Member

I never got the nostslgia fixation that some fans have (in wrestling, comics, whatever).

Even assuming that the old thing was excellent, and has aged well, I want more than re-runs (or back issues).

I have to agree that WWE's policy for talent using social media (particularly naming right) is morally indefensible.

So apparently Roman's having a rematch with Jey, and I think it's a match inside the cell.
    Holy hell!

Joking aside, last night's episode of "Smackdown" was pretty good. Very little of it relied on improbable cameras/mics. The "spontaneous" match between Styles and Uso was a bit forced (if well executed).

The Carmella vignette was the worst offender over-all, in part because the lead in went on a few weeks too long.

Linske Dorado's Power Ranger gear was a nice Easter Egg.

Wondering if Alexa Bliss' heel shtick is going to carry over to her podcast...
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Wondering if Alexa Bliss' heel shtick is going to carry over to her podcast...
    Is she in character when she does her podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wouldn't go that far as to say they were naustalgic for Karl and George... but I'll wager many of the long time adult fans at the time would have marked out for Bruno.

If you're an adult wrestling fans, I think you're potentially likely to pop for the wrestlers you grew up watching as a kid. That's probably normal for any sport, but maybe a little moreso in pro-wrestling. You're not likely to see Joe Montana or Steve YOung come out of retirement to throw the game winning pass at the Superbowl... but there's always a possibility your favorite wrestler from a previous generation might show up at the Royal Rumble or whatever.
    Maybe not in football, but Old Timer's Day at Yankee Stadium is usually one of the most popular days of the season and the crowd goes wild for their favorites from their youth, even if they only play a few innings.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Children are, usually, less aware of how the world's problems. Because of this, people tend to assume the world wasn't as bad when they were children, and Nostalgia appeals to the part of them that wants to go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wouldn't go that far as to say they were naustalgic for Karl and George... but I'll wager many of the long time adult fans at the time would have marked out for Bruno.

If you're an adult wrestling fans, I think you're potentially likely to pop for the wrestlers you grew up watching as a kid. That's probably normal for any sport, but maybe a little moreso in pro-wrestling. You're not likely to see Joe Montana or Steve YOung come out of retirement to throw the game winning pass at the Superbowl... but there's always a possibility your favorite wrestler from a previous generation might show up at the Royal Rumble or whatever.
    wouldn't any and all of that just make somebody an older fan rather than a "nostalgic mark"??

the fans back in the 80's or 90's might pop for bruno or whoever but that didn't hinder the talent of the time from getting over.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-03-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Priest retained

Fantastic Member

Sooooo can we get public execution for Joey Ryan the way velvateens being offed right now?? Lmfao

Extraordinary Member

Escobar retains

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEW_Dark (which jdfromny206 fears)
    February 4, 2020 – present
    He's just a commentator or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Children are, usually, less aware of how the world's problems. Because of this, people tend to assume the world wasn't as bad when they were children, and Nostalgia appeals to the part of them that wants to go back to that.
    I think that even applies to the wrestling world, rather than the world as a whole. In some ways I do think wrestling can be more enjoyable when you're less of a wrestling smart. WHen you don't know about backstage politics and wrestling dirtsheets or even work rate, and you're just watching it as a tale of good vs evil, where you're clearing the good guys and booing the bad guys, things just seem simpler. And in some ways that maybe makes it feel better at least at a certain age.

Extraordinary Member

Shirai retains

Extraordinary Member

Ember Moon is back on NXT

Extraordinary Member

Balor retains

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Balor retains
    I guess that means the Undisputed Era are faces now (and possibly Balor).

But it's always weird when a dominant stable are faces. Holland will have a tough time being a threat to 4 (possibly 5 guys) unless he gets help. A LOT of help.

Ultimate Member

When was the last time there was no title changes on a Takeover?

Anyway great show:

Priest vs. Johnny was really good, probably Priest's best Takeover performance so far. He's been very impressive these last few months. And Johnny as the heel is always fun.

KUSHIDA vs. Dream was also really good, and pretty stiff. The right guy won and I think KUSHIDA made himself into one of the top babyfaces in NXT there after the match for many people.

The CW title match was great. But I feel like Swerve should have won.

Io vs. Candice was also really good, those two work so well together. The Johnny thing wasn't needed, but it didn't hurt things too bad. It'll be interesting to see where Johnny and Candice go from here.

Toni challenging Io is cool, they do have a lot of history together. And she had nothing left to do in NXT UK. Ember returning is also cool. I wonder if that means a few NXT women will be going to Raw/SD soon though?

The return of Halloween Havoc is awesome, and Shotzi is the PERFECT woman to host it. Hopefully they do Rhea vs. Raquel there.

The ME was, one of the best NXT ME's ever imo. If that isn't a five star match, then IDK what is. This should be KOR's Becky-esque breakout performance hopefully.

I wasn't expecting Ridge Holland, but I'm cool with him being pushed. He's been impressive so far.

Really fun show