Page 1263 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2637631163121312531259126012611262126312641265126612671273 ... LastLast
Results 18,931 to 18,945 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's because AEW is obsessed with Grey booking.This was perfectly set up in the beginning as FTR being outsider heels, who wanted to destroy the whole division.

Then the Elite did a circle jerk soap opera where everybody did a heel turn which put everything out of wack.

We had a nice storyline going where Page joined FTR and betrayed the Elite , so they can get the belts, which sets up the Bucks heroically chasing FTR for the titles. Also sets up the Page vs Omega feud.

Instead we have a bunch of "edgy" faces and big dope Page.
    True, it seemed obvious Page joining FTR was where the storyline was going then swerve it became "hahaha Page is a moron because he's a drunk", how stupid and pointless.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Now I kind of wish Jay Lethal was in AEW. He could be Sammy Davis Jr. to Jericho's Frank Sinatra and MJF's Dean Martin.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That musical segment can go to hell.

it was silly but did you notice not out of character for mjf. personally i'll take a best friends segment over that anyday.

Me neither. This belonged on GLOW. This needs to be one off.

Jericho is a comedic face now. Stop fighting it in the need to be grey.

I love Elias, so I don't mind singing in my wrestling. But that's a promo of sorts.

Jericho and MJF is supposed to lead to a feud not a duet.

This was a full on sketch. Kingston and Mox are killing it on the mic though.

Fenix is a face. Just give in.

NXT was great. I actually was surprised by the big reveal.
    uhhh no. jericho is still a super douchey heel. i'm hoping mjf and jericho is leading to a revamping of the inner circle. mjf and wardlow can replace sammy(to turn face) and jake(has a fight coming up).

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree about the Bucks.

Plus, FTR having to cheat against every scrub team to squeak out a win is hurting their legit badass credentials, IMO. People in my circle who only or mainly watch AEW think FTR is "a joke" and "highly overrated" because of this poor booking.
    they kind of are imo

It's because AEW is obsessed with Grey booking.This was perfectly set up in the beginning as FTR being outsider heels, who wanted to destroy the whole division.

Then the Elite did a circle jerk soap opera where everybody did a heel turn which put everything out of wack.

We had a nice storyline going where Page joined FTR and betrayed the Elite , so they can get the belts, which sets up the Bucks heroically chasing FTR for the titles. Also sets up the Page vs Omega feud.

Instead we have a bunch of "edgy" faces and big dope Page.
    i don't think it was set up that way so much as it was what you wanted it to be. when they 1st arrived they were doing a mutual respect kind of thing.

i don't think omega is an edgy face, i think he's an oblivious heel. i've never been a big fan of omega but i love an oblivious heel and i actually think it's a role he can nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Now I kind of wish Jay Lethal was in AEW. He could be Sammy Davis Jr. to Jericho's Frank Sinatra and MJF's Dean Martin.
    well when you put it like that it sounds kind of awesome. i'd prefer lio rush to jay lethal in the sammy dave role though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it was silly but did you notice not out of character for mjf. personally i'll take a best friends segment over that anyday.

uhhh no. jericho is still a super douchey heel. i'm hoping mjf and jericho is leading to a revamping of the inner circle. mjf and wardlow can replace sammy(to turn face) and jake(has a fight coming up).

they kind of are imo

i don't think it was set up that way so much as it was what you wanted it to be. when they 1st arrived they were doing a mutual respect kind of thing.

i don't think omega is an edgy face, i think he's an oblivious heel. i've never been a big fan of omega but i love an oblivious heel and i actually think it's a role he can nail.

well when you put it like that it sounds kind of awesome. i'd prefer lio rush to jay lethal in the sammy dave role though.
    I call Jericho a face simply because he is doing comedy. He puts everyone over when he is on commentary. Faces and heels sing his song when he comes to the ring.

Lovable a-hole might describe him best now.

FTR was getting buddy buddy with Page.Page openly was on the outs or on edge with the Elite.

I think many saw the horsemen nods online.

No one thought that Omega and Page was a long term thing .

It felt pretty basic that a swerve was coming and Page was going to let FTR take the tag belts.

Page being insecure about losing to the Bucks but not FTR makes FTR look bad.

Then the Bucks going heel even though they are ones who got screwed by their friend .

It really doesn't make sense to me. I rather have predictable storytelling that build structure to the show then a swerve that leaves everything aimless.

Astonishing Member

Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

they kind of are imo

Lio Rush would be good too. I just suggested Jay Lethal because I know how good he is with impressions.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The WCW/NJPW Collision in Korea show has been confirmed to be a topic in Darkside of the Ring third season

https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/1...e-of-the-ring/

I hope the producers manage to get Inoki for this episode. I know he did the show to save his political career but I want to see how it will try to spin it.

Extraordinary Member

So no smackdown tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So no smackdown tonight?
    I'm thinking because the World Series was on FOX, they moved Smackdown! to FS1.

Astonishing Member

I'm thinking because the World Series was on FOX, they moved Smackdown! to FS1.
    They did, it was actually a really good episode. Best in awhile.

Ultimate Member

All the stuff with Bryan/Owens/Street Profits was hilarious.

Thank goodness that stupid Shorty G stuff is gone, it's done nothing good for Gable.

Hopefully WWE finally starts using Bianca well.

The Sasha/Bayley segment was great and "babyface with attitude/an edge" fits Sasha perfectly. She and Bayley should maul each other on Sunday and Sasha had better win, it'd be stupid for her not to.

The Roman/Jey stuff continues to be awesome.

Really good show overall.

I call Jericho a face simply because he is doing comedy. He puts everyone over when he is on commentary. Faces and heels sing his song when he comes to the ring.

Lovable a-hole might describe him best now.

FTR was getting buddy buddy with Page.Page openly was on the outs or on edge with the Elite.

I think many saw the horsemen nods online.

No one thought that Omega and Page was a long term thing .

It felt pretty basic that a swerve was coming and Page was going to let FTR take the tag belts.

Page being insecure about losing to the Bucks but not FTR makes FTR look bad.

Then the Bucks going heel even though they are ones who got screwed by their friend .

It really doesn't make sense to me. I rather have predictable storytelling that build structure to the show then a swerve that leaves everything aimless.
    you're probably overthinking it, nothing very confusing has actually happened.

did anybody watch bound for glory??

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

All three of WWE venues in Florida are being investigated for being covid hotspots. Linda will need to prep more bribe money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Apparently the WWE just won an award for being a "moral" corporation or something similar. What a joke that award must be.
    The WCW/NJPW Collision in Korea show has been confirmed to be a topic in Darkside of the Ring third season

https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/1...e-of-the-ring/

I hope the producers manage to get Inoki for this episode. I know he did the show to save his political career but I want to see how it will try to spin it.
    I believe this is the show where Muhammad Ali was there as well as a guest and seemed ready to fight Korean leader at the table after hearing how America wasn't as superior etc. I expect Ali's daughter to possibly appear and recount what her father told her.

I really hope we get the Nalz story of him beating up Vince McMahon backstage comically. (A fact why Vince would never meet alone with wrestlers after it)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I believe this is the show where Muhammad Ali was there as well as a guest and seemed ready to fight Korean leader at the table after hearing how America wasn't as superior etc. I expect Ali's daughter to possibly appear and recount what her father told her.

I really hope we get the Nalz story of him beating up Vince McMahon backstage comically. (A fact why Vince would never meet alone with wrestlers after it)
    Ric Flair was suppose to deliver a promo in the same vein as Ali and refused to do it. Korean officials were reluctant to let him leave after refusing. Scott Norton almost got himself killed when he called the place a shithole in a phone call with his wife.

Extraordinary Member

Did not expect Roman vs Jey to be the night's first match