Page 1279 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 279779117912291269127512761277127812791280128112821283 ... LastLast
Results 19,171 to 19,185 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The guys around Sting is gonna look foolish if they can't attack him. Arn and Tully take the occasional bump. What good is Sting gonna be as manager if he can't be neutralized?
    i'd assume sting wouldn't be a heel manager so wouldn't need to take bumps but still i'd just wait and see because i don't think any idea or scenario somebody thinks up is going to change your mind at this point.

this is when it pays off to not shit on your fans continually for a promotion because your fans will give you the benefit of the doubt and not just xpect the worst.

i've noticed american kaiju lindsay snow has worked some more aew dark, hope she gets signed and pushed sooner than later.

just saw that rust/ryan taylor and alex zayne got signed. zayne has impressed me the few times i've seen him but i'm really happy for taylor. i've always thought he was underrated. i doubt wwe will do much with him but just being in nxt should raise his profile. now if somebody would put brandon gatson on tv already, he'd be perfect for te x-division in impact actually.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-05-2020 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Damn he left in September. I really loved Rob's heel turn last year. His Charlie Sheen type heel turn was a funny one . "Look man , I got some real problems. I got my girlfriend and my girlfriends , girlfriend ok !" (RVD and his real world problems folks !)
    Not only that, but RVD and the Bucks are not on the best of terms and in fact he dislikes them, so he probably would not have worked for AEW regardless.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Not only that, but RVD and the Bucks are not on the best of terms and in fact he dislikes them, so he probably would not have worked for AEW regardless.
    To be fair Rob doesn't hate the Bucks , in 2011 he discussed how the young guys (the Bucks then) didn't seem to want to talk to veterans or ask advice on things. That its a lot different than it was when he came up in locker room. That they would never speak to him at times. Booker T in the WWE when the Bucks had a try out also brought up same things as well.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-their-careers

Thing about Rob is , he doesn't take bullshit backstage. He's a guy who slapped Taz a couple times for talking crap about him as Sandman discusses here...(which stunned Sandman then for sure...)

The Bucks seem to be more focused on Jim Cornette weirdly now as they again discussed him recently.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Amazing Member

Wargames has been banging.

Women's War Games had some really cool spots, especially from Io

And Ciampa vs Thatcher was this rough, stiff brawl.

Ultimate Member

Women’s match was a car crash in the best way possible. Candice is dead, Dakota is dead, Io is dead, damn! Interesting finish, my guess is we’ll get Io vs. Raquel at New Years Evil. And Shotzi should be the top women babyface in NXT next year, she just had “IT.”

The only SLIGHT critique I can give it that, if the heels were going to win, I wish they hadn’t outsmarted and beaten down the faces so much beforehand. Over the last month, it was like 98% heel advantage in the buildup. But that’s not a problem with the match itself.

Ciampa vs. Thatcher was a brutal fight and I loved it. But they really need to start letting Thatcher win some big matches. He’s lost every big match since the Riddle one.

Grimes vs. Lumis was fun, and Grimes is just freaking hilarious on general.

The NA title match was really good as well and nice to see Austin Theory confirmed.

The Men’s match was a WAR, DAMN!! Pat McAfee is a natural at this. Pete Dunne looked like a beast (he should be NXT Champ in the future imo) and KOR getting the pin just feels, right.

Overall, damn good show.

Incredible Member

war games has been great. the men's war game match was fantastic and brutal. pat mcafee is not only the best talker on the mic , he backs it up in the ring and took big bumps. both war games match was great , props to all that were involved.

"Stinger x Painmaker" has been trademarked by AEW.

So expect some Sting vs. Jericho stuff.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    "Stinger x Painmaker" has been trademarked by AEW.

So expect some Sting vs. Jericho stuff.
    How is this gonna work exactly ? Sting is reports are true can't work now and Jericho is getting knocked by some for his ring shape now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

How is this gonna work exactly ? Sting is reports are true can't work now and Jericho is getting knocked by some for his ring shape now.
    If he wanted to do a Cinematic match with Undertaker, he can do one in AEW. They got Bret Hart to do one last match without taking any bumps so it's possible, fans just need to accept it won't be the same.

Wargames was solid. I do think NXT needs to do a better job with drama, I feel that a lot of times things end a little too neatly. They kind of need another big storyline that reverberates up and down the card.

I can get behind a Raquel push, she is a lot better than I thought she would be when I saw her as Dakota's muscle. The Io garbage can spot was hilarious, they looked like they were all having fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If he wanted to do a Cinematic match with Undertaker, he can do one in AEW. They got Bret Hart to do one last match without taking any bumps so it's possible, fans just need to accept it won't be the same.
    That Bret Hart match was very limited and Bret couldn't take a bump either from it. Vince hit him in stomach a few times and some ripped on how long it went etc. I do wish upon a star Sting gets medically cleared to take bumps and can do what he loved doing.

Incredible Member

any and every match by sting at this point will have to be a cinematic match where he can use a body double to take any bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's been reported that Sting won't take any bumps. That would rule him out as a wrestler and ringside manager.
    Bret Hart did return to the WWE for a short run and sort of wrestled in a bump free sort of way in one or two matches. Sort of. So it's POSSIBLE to do things with him in the ring without taking bumps. Tricky, but not impossible.

But yeah... he's basically just there to generate buzz and sell t shirts. It's very likely there's anything they can do with him in any sort of long term way.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Bret Hart did return to the WWE for a short run and sort of wrestled in a bump free sort of way in one or two matches. Sort of. So it's POSSIBLE to do things with him in the ring without taking bumps. Tricky, but not impossible.

But yeah... he's basically just there to generate buzz and sell t shirts. It's very likely there's anything they can do with him in any sort of long term way.
    If it isn't safe for him to bump then he should be kept out of the ring. Those Bret matches were awful.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Jericho's current run is intended to invoke the old, out of shape rockers, that think they are cool still but everyone groans.

He's done the weight thing before and lost it rather quickly.

I think it could just be the cinematic thing that Sting asked for with 'Taker.

Shirts and merch aside, Sting brings the possibility of dream matches to their games, too.

I guess we shall see.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium