Page 1281 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 281781118112311271127712781279128012811282128312841285 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,215 of 19298

i like to pretend jackass sting never happened, xcept for that time he put lipstick on hogan in his office, that was probably his tna career highlight for me.

i thought cassidy vs mjf was the best match i've seen to date from mjf, did not xpect that.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think a major issue with AEW is the amount of stables and time they get. You have 3 major heel stables in the company (with one getting face pops in Jericho's case). You have Team Taz (which Taz is doing a legit bad ass Taz deal) , the Dark Order and Inner Circle. But the show being 2 hours throws the guys on TV in quick order with little time to really develop them. I mean , why do I care about the masked guy "10" ? Whats his deal after months ? Who are the guys acting as goofy cowboys to tag with Hangman Page after months ? Why are they exactly in the Dark Order ?

A big solution would be to get that 2nd show at some point and giving a lot of people TV time. And with an Invasion angle likely running now with Impact ahead they will need a 2nd show (not on Youtube sorry with AEW Dark) to get those extra guys in Team Taz and Dark Order TV time ahead.

Beyond that I am pretty pumped with Sting's return , Omega as a heel and whats ahead. It was a decent show.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think a major issue with AEW is the amount of stables and time they get. You have 3 major heel stables in the company (with one getting face pops in Jericho's case). You have Team Taz (which Taz is doing a legit bad ass Taz deal) , the Dark Order and Inner Circle. But the show being 2 hours throws the guys on TV in quick order with little time to really develop them. I mean , why do I care about the masked guy "10" ? Whats his deal after months ? Who are the guys acting as goofy cowboys to tag with Hangman Page after months ? Why are they exactly in the Dark Order ?
    you're not supposed to care about masked guy #10, he's a jobber for now. being in the dark order is just giving him something to do as he develops. the goofy cowboys are john silver and alex reynolds, they're a good tag team that was lost in the shuffle and recruited by the dark order while they were down and out. if you pay attention you'll notice they're actually starting to get over, especially john silver who imo has a lot of potential.

A big solution would be to get that 2nd show at some point and giving a lot of people TV time. And with an Invasion angle likely running now with Impact ahead they will need a 2nd show (not on Youtube sorry with AEW Dark) to get those extra guys in Team Taz and Dark Order TV time ahead.

Beyond that I am pretty pumped with Sting's return , Omega as a heel and whats ahead. It was a decent show.
    maybe at some point but not anytime soon.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Joker Sting was best thing he ever did in his TNA run. Absolute hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

The main people behind AEW all went through NJPW which is very faction-heavy. It was only natural that they would incorporate that into AEW.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    idk if it's intentional or not but jericho's body looking like **** does add to his washed up rockstar vibe, so does him looking like an alcoholic but i truly hope he's not suffering that. i've always hated jericho's face but wouldn't wish that on him.
    He mentioned it in an interview not long ago, that that was the look he was going for, and that he loved to troll smarks.

He also posted a picture of him working out today and his six pack is back.

So maybe that schtick is ending?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    like genuinely funny or like "this is the stupidest **** i've ever seen/slapnuts passing out in a sleeper hold on his ankle" funny??

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The main people behind AEW all went through NJPW which is very faction-heavy. It was only natural that they would incorporate that into AEW.
    doesn't look like the inner circle has too much shelf life left. with aew leaning more towards trios i think sammy, santana, and ortiz ould be a good babyface trio.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He mentioned it in an interview not long ago, that that was the look he was going for, and that he loved to troll smarks.

He also posted a picture of him working out today and his six pack is back.

So maybe that schtick is ending?

for his sake i hope that's the case. tbh though give me a few days to dry out and some good lighting and and i'll have my six pack back too(at least for a couple of pics).

do you remember how people were obsessed with matt hardy's weight back in the day?? god that was stupid.

speaking of weight, anybody know where that "fat ass" chris hero is doing these days??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-11-2020 at 01:47 AM.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Especially the time he held Eric Bischoff hostage with a magpie, that was dubbed "Hostage-Taking Bird" by the fandom.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

https://www.f4w***********/wwe-news/...raining-327381

Mike Johnson also confirms this on a separate site, but a couple of guys are being sent back to developmental.

A few I can probably guess, like the former Babatunde (who I doubt will ever be at a level of aptitude in the ring where he can do good matches on his own), but it says a lot about this shape of the company when guys like Otis and Keith Lee are sent back down cause they "can't work" a certain style the company wants.

EDIT: I hate this website's censorship on links. Just go to Figure 4 Weekly's website.

Extraordinary Member

So Keith and Otis are going back to NXT?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

doesn't look like the inner circle has too much shelf life left. with aew leaning more towards trios i think sammy, santana, and ortiz ould be a good babyface trio.
    They could work but to me the narrative is pointing to MJF/Wardlow fighting for the soul of the Inner Circle against Jericho/Hager/Santana/Ortiz with Sammy being the one to turn.

I think MJF/Sammy/Wardlow vs. Jericho/Hager/LAX makes for better stories. Sammy and Jericho have good chemistry, too. It would end up putting over Sammy/MJF/Wardlow, too. I could see LAX joining them, too. I think Hager/Jericho are going to be a duo for awhile.

for his sake i hope that's the case. tbh though give me a few days to dry out and some good lighting and and i'll have my six pack back too(at least for a couple of pics).

do you remember how people were obsessed with matt hardy's weight back in the day?? god that was stupid.

speaking of weight, anybody know where that "fat ass" chris hero is doing these days??
    I think more modern wrestling has shown different "looks" over the years, which is good.

Everyone's favorite gas station attendant Chris Hero has been making the rounds at ROH, Chikara, PWG, NOAH, and CZW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So Keith and Otis are going back to NXT?
    No just going for extra training twice a week. I don't think it's a big deal. There's no longer house shows to practice stuff and such--we don't know exactly what Vince wants them to work on. Don't see it as any job sending an employee for extra training. It shows they're investing in them instead of just firing them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    No just going for extra training twice a week. I don't think it's a big deal. There's no longer house shows to practice stuff and such--we don't know exactly what Vince wants them to work on. Don't see it as any job sending an employee for extra training. It shows they're investing in them instead of just firing them.
    It's kinda ridiculous that Vince wants Lee of all people to have more training. I have to wonder if he can't process a big guy working like Lee instead of someone like Big Show

Ultimate Member

It's kinda ridiculous that Vince wants Lee of all people to have more training. I have to wonder if he can't process a big guy working like Lee instead of someone like Big Show
    Exactly this.

Keith Lee is a big man that works like a cruiserweight. I don't think Vince gets that. Vince probably wants him to be more "monstrous" (like Lars Sullivan).

Keith is a seasoned veteran that's developed an amazing style that's over with the fans. He should just be allowed to keep doing what he's doing.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If that was the case, they'd be reported as going to the performance center, not NXT.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua