Page 1286 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 286786118612361276128212831284128512861287 LastLast
Results 19,276 to 19,290 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

It's not often that we see a cliffhanger like that on a wrestling program. (Maybe the Vince Limo explosion was the last big one)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Eh, not really. Not any worse than Triple H screwing a dummy or Kane hooking up a car battery to Shane's crotch.
    White Castle of Fear says hi

Eh, not really. Not any worse than Triple H screwing a dummy or Kane hooking up a car battery to Shane's crotch.
    maybe not worse but it is different. cliffhanger endings like that don't really work for a live weekly wrestling show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    maybe not worse but it is different. cliffhanger endings like that don't really work for a live weekly wrestling show.
    I watched RAW Talk after--they were like "what an ending! I guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out what happened!".

Everyone watching: You guys are there at the show! You know what happened and could tell us if you wanted to!"

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I watched RAW Talk after--they were like "what an ending! I guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out what happened!".

Everyone watching: You guys are there at the show! You know what happened and could tell us if you wanted to!"
    LOL. also how often do we see security come out to stop a fight yet when there's a woman dosed in gasoline in the middle of the ring nobody cares to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Well they do sometimes go out in middle of the fight etc. They can always just say next week "well we had to cut off the feed!"
    Though, they probably don't bother to come up with such justifications, too much brainwork.

I mean, for a show that even attempts to portray realism, having a show end on "Did Randy Orton commit attempted murder!?!?!" (which, considering he did it to Wyatt he would technically be a serial killer now) and play it off as "Tune in next week!" instead of "Call the cops!" just seems off.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I mean, for a show that even attempts to portray realism, having a show end on "Did Randy Orton commit attempted murder!?!?!" (which, considering he did it to Wyatt he would technically be a serial killer now) and play it off as "Tune in next week!" instead of "Call the cops!" just seems off.
    Its pro wrestling , we had a company owner lose his company to a wrestler comically. Then years later the owner had himself blew up in a car.

If the report is true the company is going more dark and violent to appease USA Network well....it fits with what were seeing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its pro wrestling , we had a company owner lose his company to a wrestler comically. Then years later the owner had himself blew up in a car.

If the report is true the company is going more dark and violent to appease USA Network well....it fits with what were seeing.
    I'm not saying they haven't done dumb stuff in the past. I'm just saying it's dumb for them to play this off as a serious thing when there are serious gaps in logic with it.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

I am not against cinematics on principle. But, they need to be used more sparingly. WWE has been using them routinely, especially with the Fiend and Alexa.

Initially, the cinematic elements were unique and meaningful. They were used to add value. Now, it looks like matches and spots are being used to obligate/justify the use of cinematics.

Actually, this is more realistic than it should be.

Newscasts now have teasers. Just last night, ABC News reported that the UK variant of Covid was confirmed in the US. They specifically avoided saying exactly where the case was, requiring viewers to "stay tuned" for the important part.

(In case you are wondering, it was in Colorado, in someone who has not recently travelled.)

I can buy in to a newscast or talk show holding back information that the audience would be expecting to hear.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I'm not saying they haven't done dumb stuff in the past. I'm just saying it's dumb for them to play this off as a serious thing when there are serious gaps in logic with it.
    Its pro wrestling at its heart. I mean , its supposed to be played off serious even at its most insane. Been like that for years , I don't have an issue with it. I mean HHH was dropped in a car by Austin and the dude showed up next week without a scratch comically. (Yes he no sold death)

I think the audience itself has grown used to the outlandish stuff so much we kinda accept it as more silly at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

With the talk that this wrestling thread could be locked due to size and all (they are locking big threads in Q/A forum from what I saw) , I hope the next person who creates the Wrestling thread will include "WWE, AEW , Impact , Indies and Japan" as a thread title. When I 1st created this thread in 2018 , AEW didn't exist at the time and I didn't include it. So whoever decides to do it , I hope we get a wide ranging thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With the talk that this wrestling thread could be locked due to size and all (they are locking big threads in Q/A forum from what I saw) , I hope the next person who creates the Wrestling thread will include "WWE, AEW , Impact , Indies and Japan" as a thread title. When I 1st created this thread in 2018 , AEW didn't exist at the time and I didn't include it. So whoever decides to do it , I hope we get a wide ranging thread title.
    I'm trying to find the old CBR archive.

I can create it with POSTMANIA if I can find where we left off.
    (EDIT: We left off at XX https://web.archive.org/web/20140508...ROCKET-FUEL!)_

We used to vote on a name, I liked it when we did that.

We can just create a new name and keep it near the top of the thread so that whoever starts it, they can just copy & paste. We only get 80 characters, FYI.

I propose PostMania XXI: Six Years in the Making

OR

PostMania XXI: Where It All Begins... Again

And just end it with (Pro Wrestling Thread) or (WWE/AEW/Japan/Indies).

That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-30-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Man, those Brodie Lee tributes on Dynamite were hard to watch. That last one at the end was tough to get through.

I know when people die you normally hear about the good stuff with them, but I honestly can't remember the last time a wrestler died and was universally loved by his peers. Probably Dusty, but it hits harder here as Dusty was older and basically retired. Brodie was still in his prime. Tougher to accept this time. You'd probably have to go back to Eddie for something like this.
    Last edited by Noodle; 12-30-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm trying to find the old CBR archive.

I can create it with POSTMANIA if I can find where we left off.
    (EDIT: We left off at XX https://web.archive.org/web/20140508...ROCKET-FUEL!)_

We used to vote on a name, I liked it when we did that.

We can just create a new name and keep it near the top of the thread so that whoever starts it, they can just copy & paste. We only get 80 characters, FYI.

I propose PostMania XXI: Six Years in the Making

OR

PostMania XXI: Where It All Begins... Again

And just end it with (Pro Wrestling Thread) or (WWE/AEW/Japan/Indies).

That's my 2 cents.
    Whatever anyone wants to do is cool. Its nice this had a 2+ year run really. I only expected it to go to 5,000 posts and it shocked me it was allowed to keep going.