Page 130 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 30801201261271281291301311321331341401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    I have a question: Vince just lost the guy he insisted in pushing as the next face of the company. He even sacrificed all other stars to do that. Now he needs to finds a new "face of the company" BUT...how? All other talent which could be the face...well...Vince made a good job (or terrible in this case) of making all of them "unworthy" of carrying the company.
    owens, finn, roode, shinsuke...etc..even asuka. They all dont' look like people to carry a company thanks to bad booking. While we all know they could have been the face of the company.
    So. What happens now?
    The easy short term answer is Braun.

Long term is trickier, as I personally don't think Braun is a well rounded enough sports entertainer to be the guy. Though he could very well prove me wrong.

But there are plenty of possible candidates. Dean, Seth, KO, Drew, Elias are all possibilities.

And of course there's nxt.

Losing a top guy and needing to fill that void is nothing new for the WWE. They will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Looking back even more so now , the ball dropped on Rollins as a push to Wrestlemania was an EPIC fail. He was there , they literally spent a RAW making him the 2nd coming with a 1+ hour match and beating 2-3 top guys. And they did NOTHING with him in that cage. It was a huge fall here.

They likely will put more behind AJ Styles now as he is headlining the new WWE 2K19 game and been pushed as the major star of Smackdown. He'll likely be moved to RAW and headline bigger now.
    I think they actually did a good job with Seth this year.

They established him as the work horse of the WWE, and helped maintain a high degree of credibility for the IC title (something very important with the UT off tv most of the time with Brock).

No, Seth didn't win Elimination chamber because that frankly was always Romans Wrestlemania spot, but Seth has established himself as the backbone of the raw brand. He is a guy you can cery easily slide to the top. Next to Braun, probably the easiest short term option.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Braun is too much of a bad guy to be top face of the company, wether he's face or not. I don't see him doing interviews on Leno or whatever. Rollins is more the top guy material. He's already done talk shows and I can see him replacing Cena hosting Nick shows after he can't do it anymore.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Ultimate Member

For now, it should be Braun on Raw (they should have him beat Brock for the belt imo). Long-term, Seth is probably their best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Braun is too much of a bad guy to be top face of the company, wether he's face or not. I don't see him doing interviews on Leno or whatever. Rollins is more the top guy material. He's already done talk shows and I can see him replacing Cena hosting Nick shows after he can't do it anymore.
    Honestly I think Brauns limited mic skills might be a problem. Though I thought Roman at one point was pretty so-so too and he got a lot better during and after his Cena feud. So you never know. People can improve.

Lile I said, Braun can at least fill rhe void short term. But he'll need to really step up to be the face of the company.

One thing we're not seeing is another Cena. A guy thstd not only a top wrrdtlrr but a celebrity figure to boot. KO might actually be the closet thing to that, but hr needs to be a face for that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Looking back even more so now , the ball dropped on Rollins as a push to Wrestlemania was an EPIC fail. He was there , they literally spent a RAW making him the 2nd coming with a 1+ hour match and beating 2-3 top guys. And they did NOTHING with him in that cage. It was a huge fall here.

They likely will put more behind AJ Styles now as he is headlining the new WWE 2K19 game and been pushed as the major star of Smackdown. He'll likely be moved to RAW and headline bigger now.
    Quoted for truth. Especially the bolded part.

That's the problem (even if it's remote) with the "the guy" booking. It becomes hard to move the championship to someone else. In the past, you could move the belt off Hulk Hogan and put in on Macho Man and not lose money (Hogan's exact words), you could move the belt off Stone Cold and place it on the Rock or HHH or even Mankind and things still move smoothly.

There was no reason why Rollins wasn't pushed into a "position" earlier (granted he's been champion before, i would argue he's a lot more over now than before). Now, we are seeing Brock vs Braun...again. I just hope and pray that we don't get another Brock title run because that'll just be another depressing, bore fest of a title run.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted for truth. Especially the bolded part.

That's the problem (even if it's remote) with the "the guy" booking. It becomes hard to move the championship to someone else. In the past, you could move the belt off Hulk Hogan and put in on Macho Man and not lose money (Hogan's exact words), you could move the belt off Stone Cold and place it on the Rock or HHH or even Mankind and things still move smoothly.

There was no reason why Rollins wasn't pushed into a "position" earlier (granted he's been champion before, i would argue he's a lot more over now than before). Now, we are seeing Brock vs Braun...again. I just hope and pray that we don't get another Brock title run because that'll just be another depressing, bore fest of a title run.
    Rollins wasn't being put in the position because Braun was. You can argue Seth is a better choice, but WWE was prepping someone to be a top guy along with Roman. Braun is right there right now ready to slide into Romsns spot. Thats how ready wwe in the short term at least.

Again, long term Braun might not be the solution. But Seth still can be. Despite not winning Elimination chamber he's bern booked pretty strong in the last year.

Ultimate Member

I'm not even sure if they fans will be keen on ONE "face of the company" these days. With how times have change, MUCH more content put out by WWE every week, more access to alternative options, etc, the era of the Hogan, Austin, Sammartino, Cena, etc "mega-star" might be over.

It seems like fans are more keen on their being several "top guys" who can step in there. Especially with the Brand Split being a thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm not even sure if they fans will be keen on ONE "face of the company" these days. With how times have change, MUCH more content put out by WWE every week, more access to alternative options, etc, the era of the Hogan, Austin, Sammartino, Cena, etc "mega-star" might be over.

It seems like fans are more keen on their being several "top guys" who can step in there. Especially with the Brand Split being a thing as well.
    Certainly the company never relies on excusively 1 guy to carry it anymore. Even top guys in theory are interchangeable parts in the machine which can be swapped out.

But there is still the notion of there being a top guy at the very top of the mountain. I'm a Smackdown guy myself, but it's no secret that the top RAW guy is THE guy for the company (though perhaps the Fox deal will change that).

Ultimate Member

I'd say that AJ (at least short-term), Seth, Dean, Braun, Rusev (the guy has all of the tools to be a legit ME if they'd just let him), etc could be your big ones for now. With guys like Miz and Dolph able to be slotted in there as needed. And grooming guys like Almas and Drew McIntyrie to slide in their at some point as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Rollins wasn't being put in the position because Braun was. You can argue Seth is a better choice, but WWE was prepping someone to be a top guy along with Roman. Braun is right there right now ready to slide into Romsns spot. Thats how ready wwe in the short term at least.

Again, long term Braun might not be the solution. But Seth still can be. Despite not winning Elimination chamber he's bern booked pretty strong in the last year.
    Yeah, Seth is probably a better solution in the longer term.

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

There will obviously be one particular star that captures everyone's attention and maybe love.

But there should be a pool of top guys that could possibly fill in the top spot role in the event of injuries and sickness like this.

WWE have largely treated the top spot as an "either/or" function. It should never have been just "Brock or Roman" which we saw over the last few years, there are other guys that could have come into the picture.

Weren't The Rock and Stone Cold top guys at the same time?
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Ultimate Member

Austin was the clear #1 for most of that. On Raw specifically you have:

-Seth Rollins.
    -Dean Ambrose.
    -Braun Strowman.
    -Drew McIntyrie.
    -Finn Balor.
    -Bobby Lashley.
    -Bray Wyatt.
    -Etc.

All as potential main eventers. Not to mention Dolph, Sami, Elias, etc as solid midcarders who can be inserted into the ME scene as needed.

Austin was the clear #1 for most of that. On Raw specifically you have:

-Seth Rollins.
    -Dean Ambrose.
    -Braun Strowman.
    -Drew McIntyrie.
    -Finn Balor.
    -Bobby Lashley.
    -Bray Wyatt.
    -Etc.

All as potential main eventers. Not to mention Dolph, Sami, Elias, etc as solid midcarders who can be inserted into the ME scene as needed.
    Bray Wyatt really depends on if WWE finally decides to use him right.