Page 134 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 34841241301311321331341351361371381441842346341134 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 19298
    Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Exactly! Respect to BeastieRunner tho. On another note would you be down to submit nominations for my WWE-based HOF?
    Sure, where at?
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Their first show was a propaganda piece. If such a thing is part of their deal with the country it will be political regardless.
    Oh, this definately is a political issue. I'm just saying their are doing their best to not make it be, and simply make it a matter of business (which to Vince this probably is). It may be and likely is unavoidable, but that's what they are going for. I doubt they will even mention the location of the Ppv on TV at this point.

Astonishing Member

Vince doesn't need the excuse of kowtowing to Trump. Crown Jewel is business as usual for Vince 'I'm in the garbage business' McMahon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Vince doesn't need the excuse of kowtowing to Trump. Crown Jewel is business as usual for Vince 'I'm in the garbage business' McMahon.
    From what ppl are saying (and it makes sense) is that they've already spent most of the money. At this point it's not a matter of them not making extra money, it's a matter of them not losing huge chunks of money--them not putting on the show at this point would result in them being negative for the year (in a huge way), if they moved it they would still need Wrestlemania-like numbers at the new venue to break even.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    AJPW might be a good choice, i know they're having try outs in san jose next year. they also have a lot of footage of WWE hall of famers in their library.
    AJ would definitely be a good choice. Admittedly haven't watched a whole lot of it the last few years, but I've heard some good things about some of the guys on their roster. Getting the Champions Carnival tourney would be quite the interesting development, too.

BANNED

Plans are in place to propel Dean Ambrose back into the title picture eventually. The tag team champions who hate each other angle will continue, as Vince loves using the gimmick

The current idea is for Strowman to win the Universal title at Crown Jewel and feud with Mcintyre, however there is a possibility Lesnar could be swayed into inking a short-term deal and take the belt to drop at a later date

https://rajah.com/node/wwe-rumors-de...promotion-more

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09
    Sure, where at?
    http://www.justbringingtheraw.com/ha.../nominate.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac
    Oh, this definately is a political issue. I'm just saying their are doing their best to not make it be, and simply make it a matter of business (which to Vince this probably is). It may be and likely is unavoidable, but that's what they are going for. I doubt they will even mention the location of the Ppv on TV at this point.
    That seems very likely given how the event is listed as null on WWE.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go
    Plans are in place to propel Dean Ambrose back into the title picture eventually. The tag team champions who hate each other angle will continue, as Vince loves using the gimmick

The current idea is for Strowman to win the Universal title at Crown Jewel and feud with Mcintyre, however there is a possibility Lesnar could be swayed into inking a short-term deal and take the belt to drop at a later date

https://rajah.com/node/wwe-rumors-de...promotion-more
    Figured Strowman will win.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    From what ppl are saying (and it makes sense) is that they've already spent most of the money. At this point it's not a matter of them not making extra money, it's a matter of them not losing huge chunks of money--them not putting on the show at this point would result in them being negative for the year (in a huge way), if they moved it they would still need Wrestlemania-like numbers at the new venue to break even.
    This is where common sense says , move the show ...eat a bit of a loss and move on. But again its Vince and he's kinda hard headed on things. Will have to see if advertisers pull out or he takes a massive hit from folks in media over it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is where common sense says , move the show ...eat a bit of a loss and move on. But again its Vince and he's kinda hard headed on things. Will have to see if advertisers pull out or he takes a massive hit from folks in media over it.
    There's a trade off there. With the cost of movibg the locatiob be more or less than the Backlash wwe might get over continuing as planned.

So far I don't think the media coverage of it is THAT bad ... but in theory that could change. Or it could blow over. As we saw with the Fabulous Moolah memorial, things can change if there's enough of a reaction. But so far at least it's been manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Thr Becky/Charlotte angle seems to be over. Probably more over than any Smackdown woman angle in recent mrmory. Becky is more over now than she ever has been. Again, from WWE standpoint I think they're happy with it.
    to think that you'd have to believe WWE cares more about becky being more over than ever(she's a heel btw) than they do about their plans going forward with charlotte. NEWSFLASH: they don't. there are also reports they're having 2nd thoughts about doing the charlotte vs ronda match at mania because of the reactions charlotte is getting and they are confiscating anti-charlotte signs at shows. i doubt they're thrilled about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Vince just doing what Trump wants.

Never thought Vince would be spineless.

vvv This, sadly ... vvv

I dunno but I canceled my subscription with "DOING BUSINESS WITH SAUDI ARABIA" as my reason.

I divested the entirety of my 1% stock and sent a letter to the shareholder meeting yesterday with "DOING BUSINESS WITH SAUDI ARABIA" as my reason for sale. Apparently, I'm not the only one as it was referenced in the shareholders meeting. They had a change of about 17% since the killing happened.

I took part in the mail in, sending DVDs and shirts back to Titan Towers.

If a ton of people do those things, they'll listen. But I doubt it given the WWE base and Trump base are nearly identical.

Sorry to clutter this awesome wrestling thread with political shit.
    good on you beastie.

it's too bad media backlash and sponsors pulling out is all that matters and just doing what's right because it's the right thing to do isn't a factor.

crown jewel is just a cashgrab shitshow anyways. barring major injuries i hope everything that can wrong does go wrong for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    AJ would definitely be a good choice. Admittedly haven't watched a whole lot of it the last few years, but I've heard some good things about some of the guys on their roster. Getting the Champions Carnival tourney would be quite the interesting development, too.
    yeah i haven't seen any AJPW in years either, not sure what their tv deal status is these days. looking at some cards they still use some good talent especially at HW.

jordynne grace should be debuting on impact soon. hopefully she gets a big push right out of the gate, she's very talented WWE should've signed her already.
    for those not familiar
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-25-2018 at 05:43 PM.

to think that you'd have to believe WWE cares more about becky being more over than ever(she's a heel btw) than they do about their plans going forward with charlotte. NEWSFLASH: they don't. there are also reports they're having 2nd thoughts about doing the charlotte vs ronda match at mania because of the reactions charlotte is getting and they are confiscating anti-charlotte signs at shows. i doubt they're thrilled about these things.

good on you beastie.

it's too bad media backlash and sponsors pulling out is all that matters and just doing what's right because it's the right thing to do isn't a factor.

crown jewel is just a cashgrab shitshow anyways. barring major injuries i hope everything that can wrong does go wrong for this show.

yeah i haven't seen any AJPW in years either, not sure what their tv deal status is these days. looking at some cards they still use some good talent especially at HW.

jordynne grace should be debuting on impact soon. hopefully she gets a big push right out of the gate, she's very talented WWE should've signed her already.
    for those not familiar
    Heel or face, over is over. A reaction is a reaction.

As for Charlotte, they have had multiple opportunities to change course, and they still might at evolution. But as of now they're staying the course in what is arguably the most over womans division feud on Smackdown since the brand split.

As for Charlotte, they have had multiple opportunities to change course, and they still might at evolution. But as of now they're staying the course in what is arguably the most over womans division feud on Smackdown since the brand split.
    Exactly! Promoters used to flip alignment if a wrestler wasn't getting the desired reaction. That's why fans today are hustling backwards when they boo a wrestler they don't find appealing/entertaining.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    and a signs a sign, wait why confiscate signs if they're happy with any reaction?? or more importantly why cancel or pull charlotte from a match??

as always a keen eye for the obvious.

speaking of obvious, the main roster build to evolution has been shit so no need to tell me how becky/charlotte is the hottest angle going into evolution(but still not hot enough to main event over the epic saga of nikki vs ronda).

and a signs a sign, wait why confiscate signs if they're happy with any reaction?? or more importantly why cancel or pull charlotte from a match??

as always a keen eye for the obvious.

speaking of obvious, the main roster build to evolution has been shit so no need to tell me how becky/charlotte is the hottest angle going into evolution(but still not hot enough to main event over the epic saga of nikki vs ronda).
    Wrestlemania is like 5-6 months away. It's pretty likely that the card isn't set in stone. Even if they do have a rough idea of what matches, they might want, obviously that can change for a variety of reasons.

We don't know if anything is bring changed or swapped, or if the match will actually happen assuming that match is even the plan.

And yes, Ronda probably will main event Evolution. Anything Ronda does is likely bigger than anything any other woman in the company does. If Becky was booked like a straight face like some wanted, odds are good Ronda would still main event ahead of her.

Wrestlemania is like 5-6 months away. It's pretty likely that the card isn't set in stone. Even if they do have a rough idea of what matches, they might want, obviously that can change for a variety of reasons.

We don't know if anything is bring changed or swapped, or if the match will actually happen assuming that match is even the plan.

And yes, Ronda probably will main event Evolution. Anything Ronda does is likely bigger than anything any other woman in the company does. If Becky was booked like a straight face like some wanted, odds are good Ronda would still main event ahead of her.
    Rightfully so! She's the draw.