Page 136 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 36861261321331341351361371381391401461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That's likely not on him. You have to work the WWE style when you're on the main roster.
    Lashley should be fairly familiar with the WWE. He was a product of it.

But I think the issue is that there are elements of sports entertainment which he's just not great at. Pairing him with a manager really helped. Too bad he was injured immediately afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    t
    THIIIICCCCCCCC Mamma Pump!

She can go. Best of luck to her. Didn't she wrestle Sabre at some point?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    im sure JD likes that as he isnt a fan of "trashley"
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-26-2018 at 07:08 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think booking derailed Lashley moreso than his ring work. There never seem to any kind of plan for the guy. Feud with Sami was shit, a feud and win over Roman lead to nothing.
    Bobby's problem is that he's basically a charisma vacuum if he's not booked as the big fish in a small pond like TNA/Impact. Roode has the same issue and it's made even worse by the fact that both are on the wrong side of 40 and can't get away with it by being a freak of nature like Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Bobby's problem is that he's basically a charisma vacuum if he's not booked as the big fish in a small pond like TNA/Impact. Roode has the same issue and it's made even worse by the fact that both are on the wrong side of 40 and can't get away with it by being a freak of nature like Brock.
    I think the key to bookng Bobby is to make him this unstoppable no selling monster. YOu don't necessarily need mic skills or charisma of you are a big intimidating looking dude squashing everything in his sight.

Problem being Braun was already filling that niche, and even RAWs roster isn't big enough to have 2 monsters being pushed to that degree.

Its too bad he's injured because right now might be an opportunity for him. Braun going face means he can at least be the monster heel, who can potentially be built up to face Braun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    How is 41 and 42 the worng side of 40?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop
    Especially when Styles is tearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    As long as Becky Lynch is still champ after Evolution, I'll be happy. I'm worried all of Becky's heel tactics are a vain attempt to have the audience cheer for Charlotte when Becky loses.

Well Vince better brace himself for Roman Reigns levels of booing if Becky loses this Sunday.
    i think that's the general feeling among fans, they want to see becky win AND move on more than they are xcited about the match itself.

speaking of roman, from what i gather "a reaction is a reaction" only applies when the talent moves merch like roman & cena, charlotte does not.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If people are emotionally invested in the feud with Charlotte and Becky, then it helps both.
    not in this case, it's not helping charlotte at all and may in fact be costing her.

The point is to create a storyline people want to see, and this succeeds at that probably better than any womans division storyline on Smackdown since the brand split. The point is to create entertainment, and this does that. Hence why it's doing what it needs to do.
    no that's where it fails. you're in denial if you believe people are booing charlotte because they're so hot for the match. they've seen the match, they're booing her because they want becky to move on already and are rightfully worried becky's going to be booked like shit again. they're trying to send the message they want becky not charlotte and don't care what the story is supposed to be.

also enough with the "more than any storyline in division since brand split" line. that's not a big accomplishment.

now about those confiscated signs??

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    THIIIICCCCCCCC Mamma Pump!

She can go. Best of luck to her. Didn't she wrestle Sabre at some point?
    idk, wouldn't be surprised as she works a lot of intergender matches all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    over 40 considered old to get the 1st big push.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo
    speaking of roman, from what i gather "a reaction is a reaction" only applies when the talent moves merch like roman & cena, charlotte does not.
    Been wondering if she was a top merch seller. The logic behind "Any reaction is a reaction" is that the fans are invested. Problem is booing to show disapproval of a performer doesn't work in wrestling the way it does in other forms of entertainment. Silence is golden.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Astonishing Member

time for the final NJPW on axs tv this week
    evil and sanada take on lance archer and davey boy smith jr
    then
    tetsuya naito challenges minoru suzuki for the IWGP intercontinental championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-27-2018 at 02:05 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

BANNED

Alexa Bliss will indeed not be performing at Evolution due to injury, but she will be in the corner of Mickie James and Alicia Fox

Astonishing Member

playing 2k19 my player
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-27-2018 at 05:38 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think that's the general feeling among fans, they want to see becky win AND move on more than they are xcited about the match itself.

not in this case, it's not helping charlotte at all and may in fact be costing her.

no that's where it fails. you're in denial if you believe people are booing charlotte because they're so hot for the match. they've seen the match, they're booing her because they want becky to move on already and are rightfully worried becky's going to be booked like shit again. they're trying to send the message they want becky not charlotte and don't care what the story is supposed to be.

also enough with the "more than any storyline in division since brand split" line. that's not a big accomplishment.

now about those confiscated signs??

idk, wouldn't be surprised as she works a lot of intergender matches all over the place.

over 40 considered old to get the 1st big push.
    Honestly I'm doubtful there's ANY match on the Smackdown roster fans would want to see more than Charlotte vs Becky right now. Asuke and Becky might be a distant second, but both in regards to match quality and emotional investment I think Charlotte vs Becky would blow anything else they have put out or likely will put out, short of Ronda. This will be bigger than any other feud Becky could have.

And yes, they have seen these 2 wrestle, though not so frequently that I think people are actually tired of it. It's a legit feud, so you're going to get multiple matches. That's exactly HOW you book a feud properly, especially in a divsion as small as the womand divsion where there's like 8 or so people in it. You have those same people wrestle multiple times, with the feud escalating towards the gimmick matches to settle things. Hence the first Last Womans standing match. If you're going to do a "first even" match, you ideally want a feud with your best workers in a match fans are emotionally invested in. And they are getting that with Becky and Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Been wondering if she was a top merch seller. The logic behind "Any reaction is a reaction" is that the fans are invested. Problem is booing to show disapproval of a performer doesn't work in wrestling the way it does in other forms of entertainment. Silence is golden.
    Honestly I'm not sure any of the women are top merch sellers.

But yeah, the best way to show your disapproval for something is with silence. Wrestlers will say that all the time. If you're cheering or you're booing, you're getting a reaction and ultimately that's what they want.

Plus, I'm sure WWE has data on ratings segments, PPVs buys, social media scores, etc so that they can with some fair degree of accuracy who is and isn't genuinely a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac
    Honestly I'm not sure any of the women are top merch sellers.

But yeah, the best way to show your disapproval for something is with silence. Wrestlers will say that all the time. If you're cheering or you're booing, you're getting a reaction and ultimately that's what they want.

Plus, I'm sure WWE has data on ratings segments, PPVs buys, social media scores, etc so that they can with some fair degree of accuracy who is and isn't genuinely a draw.
    Jim Ross has said as much.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68