Page 205 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1051551952012022032042052062072082092152553057051205 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lesnar had stinkers with good people like the forementioned Ambrose and the last match Brock had with Seth was crap too. The Mania timeframe would fall into his training camp and/or fight. Mania will be a after thought to the guy. Rollins as great as he is, he by himself can't make a match.
    brock's matches are only as good as his mood. if he feels like putting on a good match, he will and vise versa.

in fact, i really can't recall a great match he's had since his return.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    brock's matches are only as good as his mood. if he feels like putting on a good match, he will and vise versa.

I don't think he can pull off great anymore (his match with AJ might come close), but he can pull off entertaining with the right opponent under the right circumstances.

I wouldn't nominate his match with Daniel Bryan at Survivor Series for match of the year or anything... but I enjoyed it. It told a pretty good story, and both were over enough to keep the crowd involved.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think he can pull off great anymore (his match with AJ might come close), but he can pull off entertaining with the right opponent under the right circumstances.

I wouldn't nominate his match with Daniel Bryan at Survivor Series for match of the year or anything... but I enjoyed it. It told a pretty good story, and both were over enough to keep the crowd involved.
    The crowd was completely tuned out in the first half of match. They were same old shit chants throughout the first half. Fans have grown out of suplex city. They didn't wake up until Bryan kicked him in the balls.

The crowd was completely tuned out in the first half of match. They were same old shit chants throughout the first half. Fans have grown out of suplex city. They didn't wake up until Bryan kicked him in the balls.
    Yes, the first half of the match was a squash... which is something Brock can do well enough, provided he's with an opponent who can sell the beating enough to generate sympathy. But once he starts selling the opponents offense, it became one of the more over parts of the PPV. Because Brock has such credibility and because he loses so infrequently and only against the top tier people in the business, he can with the right opponent get an arena off it's feats.

It's a combination of the oppnent selling Brocks offense well enough, and selling the notion that Brock might lose to the crowd (which is something Rollins CAN do at Wrestlemania). He's a nearly unbeatable wrestler who brings a big fight feel... that properly channeled can create an exciting match.

Ultimate Member

The problem that some people had with Brock vs DB, from what I've observed, is that it's essentially the same basic match that he had with AJ the year before. Just with some minor alterations here and there, but the layout, story, pacing, and finish are all essentially the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem that some people had with Brock vs DB, from what I've observed, is that it's essentially the same basic match that he had with AJ the year before. Just with some minor alterations here and there, but the layout, story, pacing, and finish are all essentially the same.
    And I"m pretty darn sure if Seth vs Brock happens, it'll work under the same template.

But Brock to SOME degree can get away with it, because he wrestles so infrequently. It'd be a much bigger problem if he had to show up to work every Monday Night. But doing it once a year isn't so bad.

Astonishing Member

stale seems like a good word
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

PAC had a Q&A on instagram and he revealed why he quit WWE.
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/vario...-old-roh-logo/

Enzo's push and hating his booking is why he left.

Ultimate Member

Re:Lesnar, if he’s going up against Rollins, that’s probably the best option for WWE. In fact, I would argue he should have been put in that position months ago instead of circling everything back to Reigns.

That being said, I really don’t care for Brock matches anymore. It’s just the same thing over and over again. His match with Bryan was pretty good (I suspect he actually respects DB) but he’s not had a good match with anyone since the last match with Styles. All in all, he’s become pretty boring. As others have pointed out, he only puts on good matches when he cares to.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure lying about being under investigation had nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Bah, summary made me think it was Enzo, nevermind.
    Last edited by wjowski; 11-24-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Ultimate Member

I've said it before, but the problem was not moving him up. The CW Division has a big glass ceiling because of how off on it's own WWE seems to want it to be. Neville had already accomplished everything that there was to accomplish there, he had nowhere to go but down. His character work had improved dramatically and they gave him a great sendoff.

​It was time for him to move up and he could have at least been a consistent upper-midcarder (US/IC Title) ala The Miz.

Umago did pretty well, but honestly I never thought he was really a main event level monster. He was sort of in that upper mid-card. Not that there's anything wrong with being an upper mid-card monster... just saying I might hinder him from going further than that. But we'll see. Wrestlers on the average I think are on the smaller side in the WWE now, so it might be less of an issue.

And Yokosuma wasn't very tall either, so ya never know.
    i'm guessing you must've missed his main event matches with cena, he couldn't have been any more monsterous. they really should've done more with him after that, probably should've let him take the title off of cena for a while before dropping it back. an umaga squash was far more brutal and entertaining than any strowman or lars squash that i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

yeah that's why i'd rather he fuk off. he only wrestles a few times a year for huge money and we have to worry about his mood. i seriously doubt he's even worth the money. UFC fans aren't following brock to WWE, if anything it's probably leading more WWE fans to UFC.

And I"m pretty darn sure if Seth vs Brock happens, it'll work under the same template.

But Brock to SOME degree can get away with it, because he wrestles so infrequently. It'd be a much bigger problem if he had to show up to work every Monday Night. But doing it once a year isn't so bad.
    imo that makes it worse. we never see him but when we do it's the same as the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Re:Lesnar, if he’s going up against Rollins, that’s probably the best option for WWE. In fact, I would argue he should have been put in that position months ago instead of circling everything back to Reigns.

That being said, I really don’t care for Brock matches anymore. It’s just the same thing over and over again. His match with Bryan was pretty good (I suspect he actually respects DB) but he’s not had a good match with anyone since the last match with Styles. All in all, he’s become pretty boring. As others have pointed out, he only puts on good matches when he cares to.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i'm guessing you must've missed his main event matches with cena, he couldn't have been any more monsterous. they really should've done more with him after that, probably should've let him take the title off of cena for a while before dropping it back. an umaga squash was far more brutal and entertaining than any strowman or lars squash that i've seen.

yeah that's why i'd rather he fuk off. he only wrestles a few times a year for huge money and we have to worry about his mood. i seriously doubt he's even worth the money. UFC fans aren't following brock to WWE, if anything it's probably leading more WWE fans to UFC.

imo that makes it worse. we never see him but when we do it's the same as the last time.

agreed.
    Oh, I know Umaga did a few main events ... I just never really thought he was a main eventer. He's a monster they can throw at a top guy for tv or house shows or secondary ppvs ... but for the most part he was IMO was an upper mid carder. More IC than world title guy.

They certainly could have done more with him. Shame it didn't work out better for him, not that he didnt do okay.

Honestly I thoight WWE booked him pretty well. He was practicslly unbeatable, almost to the point of holding down the rest of the division.

But if he's unhappy then he's unhappy. Best they part ways. Too bad it didn't work out though, as he was a lot of fun.

Ultimate Member

Brock wouldn't bother people so much I think if WWE wouldn't insist on keeping one of it's top belts (allegedly) on him for so long. It grinds the Raw ME scene to a halt.