Page 206 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1061561962022032042052062072082092102162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Brock wouldn't bother people so much I think if WWE wouldn't insist on keeping one of it's top belts (allegedly) on him for so long. It grinds the Raw ME scene to a halt.
    Yeah, that's a huge problem.

But the upside is that if Seth beats Brock at WM for the title, it's a huge win on a very big stage. That will help solidify him as the man. Roman I believe is the only wrestler of this era capable of even touch Brock, and that took like 4 tries.

If you were building the perfect pro wrestler, what parts or unique aspects from which pro wrestlers (across all eras) works you use to construct this Rasslin' Frankenstein?

Me (being a near- complete noob at this):

- 2 parts Ric Flair (1 part public charisma, 1 part ability to make matches look great)

- 1 part Hulk Hogan (1 part physical stature)

- 1 part The Rock (crossover success)

- 1 part Brett the Hit Man Hart (technical prowess)

- 1 part Kurt Angle (legit Greco-Roman wrestling ability)

- 1 part Bruno Sammartino (overall strength)

- 2 parts The Undertaker (1 part longevity, 1 part durability)

- 1 part Brock Lesnar (legit MMA ability)

That's my 10-part Perfect Frankenstein Wrestler recipe.

What's yours?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 11-24-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Welp, looks like PAC's instagram was a fake. He confirmed on his official twitter that he doesn't have instagram
    https://twitter.com/BASTARDPAC/statu...278841856?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    If you were building the perfect pro wrestler, what parts or unique aspects from which pro wrestlers (across all eras) works you use to construct this Rasslin' Frankenstein?

Me (being a near- complete noob at this):

- 2 parts Ric Flair (1 part public charisma, 1 part ability to make matches look great)

- 1 part Hulk Hogan (1 part physical stature)

- 1 part The Rock (crossover success)

- 1 part Brett the Hit Man Hart (technical prowess)

- 1 part Kurt Angle (legit Greco-Roman wrestling ability)

- 1 part Bruno Sammartino (overall strength)

- 2 parts The Undertaker (1 part longevity, 1 part durability)

- 1 part Brock Lesnar (legit MMA ability)

That's my 10-part Perfect Frankenstein Wrestler recipe.

What's yours?
    I'd keep it simple. 50% John Cena and 50% Kurt Angle. Cena is the perfect WWE employee EXCEPT for the fact that he's not a great worker and doesn't have legit credibility. Get that from Angle and you've got the total package.

BANNED

Roman Reigns makes a public appearance at the Georgia Tech grounds.

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaTechFB/st...64776056594433

BANNED

NXT UK Takeover Blackpool coming January 12th

https://twitter.com/NXTUK/status/106...over-announced

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd keep it simple. 50% John Cena and 50% Kurt Angle. Cena is the perfect WWE employee EXCEPT for the fact that he's not a great worker and doesn't have legit credibility. Get that from Angle and you've got the total package.
    Cena's a better worker than Angle. Angle may have legit credentials, but it never showed in his matches.

Ultimate Member

Pretty much this.

Angle is one of the best ever, Cena is good but he’s never been a great worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Pretty much this.

Just so I don't sound anti-Cena by saying I don't think he's a great worker (as I am a fan), I think he's very underrated as a worker. People say online he sucks all the time, but he's put out several match of the year candidates with guys like AJ Styles and Kevin Owens. Yes, those two are great workers indepenent of Cena but how many WWE matches have they had which were as good as their matches with Cena?

With a great worker, Cena can pull off not only great matches but MITY candidate matches. He's a solid worker that brings a lot of intangibles to the match that a lot of wrestlers just can't bring. Plus, everyone knows to bring their A game against Cena.

I wouldn't call him the best worker... but he's probably all around the greatest sports entertainer of his era.

Astonishing Member

I'd call Cena a great worker just for being able to drag a watchable match out of the Great Khali.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm seeing Becky and Conor McGregor trading banter on Twitter.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I'd say Becky bantering it up with a piece of dogshit like Conor isn't a good thing, but wrestling's an inherently scummy business, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I'd say Becky bantering it up with a piece of dogshit like Conor isn't a good thing, but wrestling's an inherently scummy business, so meh.
    It's a way to stay in the forefront while out with an injury I guess.

Oh, I know Umaga did a few main events ... I just never really thought he was a main eventer. He's a monster they can throw at a top guy for tv or house shows or secondary ppvs ... but for the most part he was IMO was an upper mid carder. More IC than world title guy.

They certainly could have done more with him. Shame it didn't work out better for him, not that he didnt do okay.
    well yeah, because they didn't put him in anymore main events. wtf he supposed to do?? when he was in the main event he looked fantastic as a monster and the thing is if you watched him main event in AJPW prior to his WWE run you knew he was capable of a whole lot more but held it back because of his gimmick and his role in the matches.

Yeah, that's a huge problem.

But the upside is that if Seth beats Brock at WM for the title, it's a huge win on a very big stage. That will help solidify him as the man.
    Roman I believe is the only wrestler of this era capable of even touch Brock, and that took like 4 tries.
    that's what they said about roman, it really didn't make much of a difference.

that is so far from a fact. cena's body of work says he is a great worker. maybe not a great technical wrestler but you don't need to be in order to be a great worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Pretty much this.

i have to believe this is just one of those things that gets said so much people start to believe it. cena checks all the boxes required of a great worker.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd call Cena a great worker just for being able to drag a watchable match out of the Great Khali.
    xactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    well yeah, because they didn't put him in anymore main events. wtf he supposed to do?? when he was in the main event he looked fantastic as a monster and the thing is if you watched him main event in AJPW prior to his WWE run you knew he was capable of a whole lot more but held it back because of his gimmick and his role in the matches.

that's what they said about roman, it really didn't make much of a difference.

that is so far from a fact. cena's body of work says he is a great worker. maybe not a great technical wrestler but you don't need to be in order to be a great worker.

i have to believe this is just one of those things that gets said so much people start to believe it. cena checks all the boxes required of a great worker.

xactly.
    Sure, the fact that he wasn't put in main events regularly is why he wasn't a main eventer. Never said otherwise. Just saying he wasn't. I think a couple things led to him being held back.

As far as someone being a great worker ... I suppose thats subjective. In real simple terms I'd say it's someone who can generally have a good match with anyone. I'd say Cena is a vit short of that.

But he can get people emotionally invested, which arguably is more important.