Page 212 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1121622022082092102112122132142152162222623127121212 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Also yeah, yet another heel authority figure. Because we haven't had enough of those over the past 20 years or anything (hint, we have).

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The wrestling youtubers I watch don't tend to be miserable and obnoxious like JD.
    i happen to personally know two people who aren't miserable and/or obnoxious like JD.

Thank god i didn't watch RAW last night because i fell sleep due to stress and a schedule i have this morning because i knew it was going to be a cocktail RAW 1995, WCW 1999, TNA 2009-2013 of garbage quality television.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

time to waste the taste from raw out of our mouths with riffdown.

https://www.twitch.tv/rvtentertainment

Apparently Kevin Dunn is going all in to ruin everythign HHH touches,

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Why are we getting Becky and Charlotte again? Why!? Those two are done. Give Becky fresh meat.

Why are we getting Becky and Charlotte again? Why!? Those two are done. Give Becky fresh meat.
    Kevin Dunn is the reason

Well now we got Asuka in there to spice it up.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Well now we got Asuka in there to spice it up.
    Nice thing about a triple threat is they can get the belt off of Becky without her getting beat if need be.

Astonishing Member

smackdown so far seems better than raw
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

They made the right decision of giving Asuka the third person spot, considerely she's been sideline and never recover to the midcard and jobber status that since her mystique and aura has decimated since Mania and jobbed to Mella twice thanks to Ellsworth

While i'm not happy that Charlotte is again chasing the SD Women's title since we already saw that multiple time and Evolution is supposed to be conclussion but they want winged again. I hate they always milked the same match again that it's becoming dry milk.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    They made the right decision of giving Asuka the third person spot, considerely she's been sideline and never recover to the midcard and jobber status that since her mystique and aura has decimated since Mania and jobbed to Mella twice thanks to Ellsworth
    I was hoping for naomi
    oh well I better stay away for now LOL
    https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206 sdl review up if ya care its much better (when an episode is good get a good review) than the raw review(crap episode gets crapped on)
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-28-2018 at 03:08 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure, the fact that he wasn't put in main events regularly is why he wasn't a main eventer. Never said otherwise. Just saying he wasn't. I think a couple things led to him being held back.

As far as someone being a great worker ... I suppose thats subjective. In real simple terms I'd say it's someone who can generally have a good match with anyone. I'd say Cena is a vit short of that.

But he can get people emotionally invested, which arguably is more important.
    i'd say he's not. the proof is in the pudding as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    People were overly critcal of Cena but a lot of his matches (especially during the super Cena era) werent very good. Cena is good but IMO hasnt been consistently great.

Cena's best matches in recent years were during the US championship open invitational. His work with Owens was pretty spectacular.
    that was fun stuff but to me was just cena showing he can work a different style. i'd loved to have seen cena in japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Anyway, how do you guys feel about Roman's illness possibly being used in Rollins feud?

Honestly, if Roman is ok with it than im ok with it.
    i think it's incredibly shitty of them. while roman might not care i seriously doubt he's pushing for them to do it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Cena is at his best when he has another great talent to compete against and he elevates himself. It's no coincidence that he's had his best matches against guys like Jericho, Angle, HBK, Triple H, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, even Neville etc.

Although to his credit, he HAS shown an ability to elevate lesser talent at points. His matches with Umaga (RIP) were probably the best matches that the latter ever had in WWE, and he even dragged The Great Khali to a semi-decent match (NOT an easy feat).
    of course it's no coincidence, all great workers have their best matches against other great workers. i really can't imagine any criteria where hhh, angle, punk and owens are considered great workers and cena is not.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My definition if a great worker is someone that can generally have a good match with anyone (and I concede that what qualifies as a great worker is subjective).

Cena can bring out the best in his oppoents .... but that's not necessarily the same thing as being able to carry almost any opponent to a good match. It's CLOSE, but a notch below. If Cena doesn't have a good opponent, more times than not I don't think it'll necessarily be a good match. And HBK or a Flair in their prime can be in there with a broom and still have a good match.

It's beyond just bringing out the opponents best... it's flat out carrying their behinds to a good match. That's the difference between a good worker and a great one by my estimation... though again I'lo concede these are subjective ideas I'm throwing around.

So I'll withdraw my earlier statement that it's a fact Cena isn't a great worker. I mispoke. I'll simply say I think he's not. He's better than most people give credit (IMO), and perhaps the greatest sports entertainer of this era, but I'd say he falls short of great.
    i think there's a good amount of xageration there. prime flair and HBK against not good opponent will also more often than not have a match that isn't good. might be decent but the same can be said for cena too.

flair or hbk wouldn't get a significantly better match out of ryback than cena did, nor did they get better matches out of the great khali.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Not really. When you perform with Cena, you are in a prime time position. Especially, if you are going to work an actual program with the guy.

So it's more the position, that brings out the best than Cena himself. Not saying that Cena is not a wonderful in ring performer. He just wouldn't be in top 30.
    then why doesn't every title match bring out the best of wrestlers??

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Oh shit. I thought him signing would still be a few years off since they tried to get him last year and he shot down the rumors.
    man i hope they aren't just signing him so nobody else can.

for those unfamiliar with WALTER here's some highlight from a match with will ospreay

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

I'm sick and tired of Charlotte in the title picture. Shoulda been just Becky vs Asuka. I mean what the hell is she doing to Vince to keep getting these title shots?
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/