Page 214 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1141642042102112122132142152162172182242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They addressed nothing. Charlotte still retained her title shot without having to earn it. She lost all her title matches against Becky, she lost to Ronda. Logically speaking she should be in the back of the line.
    Charlotte beat Asuka at Starcarde and both Iconics back to back in the previous Smackdown, so you can still argue despite her loses she was the most dominant active female competitor on Smackdown.

So a triple threat with Asuka and Charlotte sounds about right. Plus if Becky is just getting back from an injury a triple threat might be safer for her, in addition to potentially allowing her to drop the belt without actually losing IF they want to protect her in that regard.

The thing is Becky being injured probably changed their plans, and turning Charlotte heel and putting her in that position was probably the easiest most believable way to continue things.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-29-2018 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The reason they might want her to drop the belt, is because they might want her to enter and win the Royal Rumble so she can go on to challenge Ronda Rosey for the RAW belt. It sets up Wrestlemania.
    that's such a round about way to get back to where they already are. becky doesn't need to lose her belt and win a royal rumble to get match with ronda at mania.

Course, the alternative is to have Ronda drop her belt, win the rumble, and challenge Becky. That works too.

I think Becky winning the Rumble and challenging Ronda works a bit better, as it keeps Ronda undefeated until Wrestlemania. But either scenario works.
    ORRRRRRRRRRRR, go the much more complicated route and have neither becky nor ronda unnecessarily drop titles or win royal rumbles(maybe somebody else could use the rub).

i also don't see the need for ronda to go undefeated until mania, the woman is not lacking in credibility in slightest.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Charlotte beat Asuka at Starcarde and both Iconics back to back in the previous Smackdown, so you can still argue despite her loses she was the most dominant active female competitor on Smackdown.

So a triple threat with Asuka and Charlotte sounds about right. Plus if Becky is just getting back from an injury a triple threat might be safer for her, in addition to potentially allowing her to drop the belt without actually losing IF they want to protect her in that regard.

The thing is Becky being injured probably changed their plans, and turning Charlotte heel and putting her in that position was probably the easiest most believable way to continue things.
    Starrcade is a house show and the iconics have no credibility. They haven't won a match or been on TV since super show. Sorry, that doesn't justify Charlotte being handed a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that's such a round about way to get back to where they already are. becky doesn't need to lose her belt and win a royal rumble to get match with ronda at mania.

ORRRRRRRRRRRR, go the much more complicated route and have neither becky nor ronda unnecessarily drop titles or win royal rumbles(maybe somebody else could use the rub).

i also don't see the need for ronda to go undefeated until mania, the woman is not lacking in credibility in slightest.
    Ronda doesn't NEED to go undefeated till the Rumble. But whomever beats her will gain a big victory. Becky is one of the most deserving people to get that... though there are certainly other candidates.

And it's certainly not the only way to get a match at Mania, but I think it's one of the more logical ones. Rumble winner gets to challenge either champion, so it's the only time other than Survivor Series where there is system in place for 2 competitors from different brands to have a match. In the case of the Rumble, a title match.

And winning the Rumble and going on to compete at Wrestlemania (possibly the main event of Wrestlemania if Ronda and Becky are in it) is sort of the classic heroes journey WWE uses for big wrestlemania main event matches. Not that there aren't other ways to do it... but its a logical one.

Starrcade is a house show and the iconics have no credibility. They haven't won a match or been on TV since super show. Sorry, that doesn't justify Charlotte being handed a title shot.
    I'd argue she's just as qualified as anyone else if not more to be in that match.

There's a built in story, and she almost certainly will deliver the best match with Becky. Throwing in Asuka makes it different enough from their previous matches, so honesty I don't see the problem.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'd argue she's just as qualified as anyone else if not more to be in that match.

There's a built in story, and she almost certainly will deliver the best match with Becky. Throwing in Asuka makes it different enough from their previous matches, so honesty I don't see the problem.
    Wrestling is a "what have you done for me lately" style of business. Charlotte being qualified don't mean jack when she's been losing to the same woman for months and got herself DQ'd against Ronda. They should have moved on to Asuka and only her. Charlotte and Becky is past their expiration date.

Wrestling is a "what have you done for me lately" style of business. Charlotte being qualified don't mean jack when she's been losing to the same woman for months and got herself DQ'd against Ronda. They should have moved on to Asuka and only her. Charlotte and Becky is past their expiration date.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. THe quality of their last match alone means I'm perfectly fine with them wrestling again. Charlotte still probably has the best win-loss record of any woman on the Smackdown roster including Asuka, who Charlote just beat. And again, a thriple threat leaves them the option of getting the belt off of Becky if they want her to lose it without her losing it clean.

Plus, given Ronda still has issues with both Charlotte and Becky and TLC will be the next place all 3 are in the same buidling at the same time, you probably want both Charlotte and Becky there so Ronda can continue the story in whatever way they decide to continue it.

Asuke there is fine, and he would create a perfectly good match (though in all likelihood a notch below what Charotte and Becky could do, no offense to Asuke). But with Charlotte, i think it advances the bigger picture more.

Astonishing Member

The reason they might want her to drop the belt, is because they might want her to enter and win the Royal Rumble so she can go on to challenge Ronda Rosey for the RAW belt. It sets up Wrestlemania.

Course, the alternative is to have Ronda drop her belt, win the rumble, and challenge Becky. That works too.

I think Becky winning the Rumble and challenging Ronda works a bit better, as it keeps Ronda undefeated until Wrestlemania. But either scenario works.

Ronda winning the Rumble makes sense. It allows her to move over to Smackdown where all of her real rivalries are.

Speaking of moving, when Owens and Zayn come back , should they come back as faces?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Ronda winning the Rumble makes sense. It allows her to move over to Smackdown where all of her real rivalries are.

Speaking of moving, when Owens and Zayn come back , should they come back as faces?
    I do think Fox would want Ronda on Smackdown if they want a more credible sports product. Which could mean Ronda loses her belt, wins the Rumble, and goes on to beat Becky for the Smackdown title at WM. Though getting her over in a post WM draft works too.

And I can see Sami and KO feud with Lashley when they return. He put them both out.

Ultimate Member

I have no interest in seeing Becky get fed to Ronda to, no thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

RAW really needs faces. We see the same ones getting beat down over and over because right now their are a lack of faces who aren't protected. Owens should be face when he comes back for sure--he was getting some face heat in his feuds anyway.

Still hoping Zayn comes back as El Generico for a run.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    RAW really needs faces. We see the same ones getting beat down over and over because right now their are a lack of faces who aren't protected. Owens should be face when he comes back for sure--he was getting some face heat in his feuds anyway.

I remember WAY BACK WHEN those 2 were in NXT and they pitched a masked Kevin teamed with an un-masked Sami. Kevin would be Generico's brother.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

the undegunner the gunnertaker LOL
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

Very good point.

It’s part of the reason the last Raw was bad. With Roman and Braun out, the only strong face is Seth Rollins. Finn Balor is firmly in the mid card (his booking has been horrible and he’s been made to look like a chump) that’s probably why we are getting a lot of Elias lately.

Raw needs more faces and they should be booked better.