Page 215 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1151652052112122132142152162172182192252653157151215 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Very good point.

It’s part of the reason the last Raw was bad. With Roman and Braun out, the only strong face is Seth Rollins. Finn Balor is firmly in the mid card (his booking has been horrible and he’s been made to look like a chump) that’s probably why we are getting a lot of Elias lately.

Raw needs more faces and they should be booked better.
    Well, Raw hurts itself by having an absentee champion. Balor needs a title desperately to look legitimate again. Rollins doesn't need the IC. A guy like Elias could use it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Ronda doesn't NEED to go undefeated till the Rumble. But whomever beats her will gain a big victory. Becky is one of the most deserving people to get that... though there are certainly other candidates.

And it's certainly not the only way to get a match at Mania, but I think it's one of the more logical ones. Rumble winner gets to challenge either champion, so it's the only time other than Survivor Series where there is system in place for 2 competitors from different brands to have a match. In the case of the Rumble, a title match.

And winning the Rumble and going on to compete at Wrestlemania (possibly the main event of Wrestlemania if Ronda and Becky are in it) is sort of the classic heroes journey WWE uses for big wrestlemania main event matches. Not that there aren't other ways to do it... but its a logical one.
    i just don't see how that is more logical when they already had a champ vs champ match scheduled that was canceled, just reschedule the match for a later date.

all PPV are dual brand now so the royal rumble is not the only time other than Survivor Series where there is system in place for 2 competitors from different brands to have a match.

really ronda should finish her business with charlotte as becky should finish hers with nia. mania doesn't have to be becky and rondas' first match but it should be the blowoff though.

there's numerous ways to get ronda on smackdown w/o putting her in the rumble or having her win the title straight away.

fantasy booking time.
    personally i'd set up becky vs ronda 1st match for the royal rumble, prior to that have shayna, marina, and jessamyn(last 2 made the NXT tv debuts recently) beatdown becky and charlotte on SD and announce their participation in the rumble. build the rumble around horsewomen vs horsewomen with becky vs ronda and charlotte/bayley/sasha/shayna/marina/jessamyn all being in the womens' rumble.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    time for NJPW fighting spirit unleashed 2018 on axs tv with jim ross and kevn Kelly
    http://www.wrestleview.com/misc-news...eashed-axs-tv/
    I think ill watch again
    okada and ishii take on the golden lovers in the main event
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-30-2018 at 03:22 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i just don't see how that is more logical when they already had a champ vs champ match scheduled that was canceled, just reschedule the match for a later date.

all PPV are dual brand now so the royal rumble is not the only time other than Survivor Series where there is system in place for 2 competitors from different brands to have a match.

really ronda should finish her business with charlotte as becky should finish hers with nia. mania doesn't have to be becky and rondas' first match but it should be the blowoff though.

there's numerous ways to get ronda on smackdown w/o putting her in the rumble or having her win the title straight away.

fantasy booking time.
    personally i'd set up becky vs ronda 1st match for the royal rumble, prior to that have shayna, marina, and jessamyn(last 2 made the NXT tv debuts recently) beatdown becky and charlotte on SD and announce their participation in the rumble. build the rumble around horsewomen vs horsewomen with becky vs ronda and charlotte/bayley/sasha/shayna/marina/jessamyn all being in the womens' rumble.
    PPV's are dual branded yes... but they don't really have wrestlers from different brands compete against each other except under specific circumstances. That's not to say they can't.. they can book whatever match they want to anytime they want to. I'm just using the pre-existig conditions to predict what I think will happen. Hence me saying its more logical. I'm not going outside the norm, which is something WWE obviously can do anytime they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Very good point.

It’s part of the reason the last Raw was bad. With Roman and Braun out, the only strong face is Seth Rollins. Finn Balor is firmly in the mid card (his booking has been horrible and he’s been made to look like a chump) that’s probably why we are getting a lot of Elias lately.

Raw needs more faces and they should be booked better.
    This is hopefully an opportunity for Balor to fill a void and be booked in a more main event level spot. With no Braun and Seth occupied in a more personal feud, that leaves Balor and Elias feuding with the new authority figures. They're not getting a title out of this, but I think they'll be getting bigger storylines and more air time at least.

Astonishing Member

They have to book Balor as credible even if his main goal is to put the bad guys over until Braun returns. But (as mentioned) they are kind of in a bind because they only upper card faces they have in that spot are Balor and Elias.

Bray needs to come back as face if he's healthy but then he'll also be ruined if he loses right away coming back.

Anyway, this was on Reddit. Hilarious WWE.com article predicting what WWE would be like in 5 years. (Writtein 2014)

https://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-in-fi...rs-predictions

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They have to book Balor as credible even if his main goal is to put the bad guys over until Braun returns. But (as mentioned) they are kind of in a bind because they only upper card faces they have in that spot are Balor and Elias.

Bray needs to come back as face if he's healthy but then he'll also be ruined if he loses right away coming back.

Anyway, this was on Reddit. Hilarious WWE.com article predicting what WWE would be like in 5 years. (Writtein 2014)

https://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-in-fi...rs-predictions
    Like ... none of that happened.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    This is hopefully an opportunity for Balor to fill a void and be booked in a more main event level spot. With no Braun and Seth occupied in a more personal feud, that leaves Balor and Elias feuding with the new authority figures. They're not getting a title out of this, but I think they'll be getting bigger storylines and more air time at least.
    I truly believe Vince has some issue holding him back from pushing Balor harder.

I don't buy being injury prone, when your champ wrestles like 5 times a year.

I don't buy size either because AJ was champ for like a year.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I truly believe Vince has some issue holding him back from pushing Balor harder.

Balor is probably too queer for Vince's title.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

It would have been interesting to see how his career would have been different had he not been injured after winning the Universal Championship. He was seemingly set to become the face of the RAW brand, but they've never gotten even close to returning him to that level.

That said, I think RAW is a harder place to really break through the glass ceiling. I think it's entirely possible had Balor ended up on Smackdown and AJ been on RAW, their roles to some degree would be reversed.

Bālor would probably thrive on SmackDown but I read that he isn't great on promos.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Bālor would probably thrive on SmackDown but I read that he isn't great on promos.
    He's not exactly great... but then again, I wouldn't exactly say AJ was great either. Not terrible, but not great.

Astonishing Member

justified rant?
    I still want him on 205live
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-30-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    justified rant?

I still want him on 205live
    Interesting thing about Balor is they could probably borrow him for 205 Live or NXT UK in a pinch.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Smackdown has the best talent pool of the main shows and barely make use of who they have. Almas, Shelton Benjamin and Rusev barely appear on TV, Shinsuke has no direction and he's their midcard champ, the tag division who isn't the New Day might as well not exist. Same for the women's division if your name is not Charlotte and Becky.