Page 222 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1221722122182192202212222232242252262322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/th...jxdbisda5TE4Oo

it's official. this weeks raw not only had the lowest viewership in the history of the show but it might have the lowest in the history of monday night wrestling.

Vince is determined to put his final touches on everything before his retirement in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The whole TNA-Evolve situation is pretty sad
    was to be xpected. EVOLVE is basically WWE farm league now and impact is impact, what could go wrong??

was charlotte a heel this week?? because....fuk.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-05-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    king of pro wrestling 2018 part 2 on axs tv at sumo hall
    zack saber jr takes on EVIL
    jay white vs hiroshi tanahashi(defending his wrestle kingdom 13 briefcase)
    https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wres...-tv-broadcast/ sweet
    Here’s How AXS TV Will Broadcast Wrestle Kingdom 13
    k o p w 2018 part 3 on axs tv
    ibushi and cody (I W G P united states champion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_U...s_Championship and NWA champion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NWA_Wo...t_Championship ) try and take the I W G P world heavyweight championship https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_H...t_Championship from Kenny omega
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-05-2018 at 03:18 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

BANNED

The Dynamite Kid turned 60 and passed away on the same day

https://cultaholic.com/news/the-dyna...60th-birthday/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yes. Daniel Bryan’s new character is a million times better than Dean Ambrose’s new character.
    I hate that both have to resort to fan blaming to get heat. It's an outright lie for Bryan and he could easily get his heat without it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hate that both have to resort to fan blaming to get heat. It's an outright lie for Bryan and he could easily get his heat without it.
    Exactly. It seems like the go to move for heel heat.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/th...jxdbisda5TE4Oo

it's official. this weeks raw not only had the lowest viewership in the history of the show but it might have the lowest in the history of monday night wrestling.
    Raw is terrible to watch. Whats happening is the outcome of bad and directionless booking. It seems no one is challenging for titles (for whatever reason, the universal championship is only for Reigns and Lesnar) the faces are goofs and even some heels are quite ridiculous (see "Bane" Ambrose).

Its just awful all round. Im gradually being pushed towards youtube highlights for my WWE stuff.

They might want to avoid another Becky Lynch situation where the fans aren't necessarily ready to boo a person. I imagine they both want to ensure they get the proper heat, so they're going for cheap heat.

And that said, I think Bryan going the whole eco terrorist route an blaming fans for the destruction of the earth is kinda funny. Deans route is a bit more hit and miss.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The Dynamite Kid turned 60 and passed away on the same day

https://cultaholic.com/news/the-dyna...60th-birthday/
    He was a great and innovative wrestler. But he was an AWFUL human being from most accounts, including his own.

dean is capable of so much more, and brianson was the most over face in the company before his retirement, they really handled his return like ****.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They might want to avoid another Becky Lynch situation where the fans aren't necessarily ready to boo a person. I imagine they both want to ensure they get the proper heat, so they're going for cheap heat.

And that said, I think Bryan going the whole eco terrorist route an blaming fans for the destruction of the earth is kinda funny. Deans route is a bit more hit and miss.
    This isn't avoiding another Becky Lynch. Her first "heel" promo had her blaming the fans too but being the most over wrestler in company they couldn't support that narrative. Becky would look silly if she blamed fans for her shortcomings while being treated like the company's biggest Babyface by them.

There's no real in story justification for Dean and Bryan turns so they go for the generic uncreative "you people" excuse.

Ultimate Member

Yeah the way Dean is acting as a heel feels really forced and unnatural given his previous character. And WWE needs to stop with the whole "cowardly heel who hates on the fans" obsession. It works for SOME heels, like The Miz, or Ric Flair back in the day, etc. But it does not work for all of them, and it just gets boring after awhile on top of it all.

This isn't avoiding another Becky Lynch. Her first "heel" promo had her blaming the fans too but being the most over wrestler in company they couldn't support that narrative. Becky would look silly if she blamed fans for her shortcomings while being treated like the company's biggest Babyface by them.

There's no real in story justification for Dean and Bryan turns so they go for the generic uncreative "you people" excuse.
    Granted Becky did the same thing the first time around, but her being against the fans was dropped fairly quickly once they realized she was MORE over as a heel to the fans.

Bryan is different, because he's probably the most over face in the company. He likely couldn't get MORE heat than what he was getting... he could only get a different sort of heat. Plus, I think in his specific case he's likely bringing real life elements into his heel character. I don't know Bryan personally, but I can buy him being an enviromentalist who legitimately has issues with how people are treating the earth... so it's only natural for him to use those real life elements for his character.

It works, and it's kinda funny.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

There's plenty of in-universe justification for both turns, they just didn't use it for Dean. Bryan's was completely laid out by Miz and he really could've gone further back to when Bryan got the title shot against Cena if he wanted to *really* hammer it in how much of a manipulative dickbag Daniel always was.