Page 223 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1231732132192202212222232242252262272332733237231223 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Granted Becky did the same thing the first time around, but her being against the fans was dropped fairly quickly once they realized she was MORE over as a heel to the fans.

Bryan is different, because he's probably the most over face in the company. He likely couldn't get MORE heat than what he was getting... he could only get a different sort of heat. Plus, I think in his specific case he's likely bringing real life elements into his heel character. I don't know Bryan personally, but I can buy him being an enviromentalist who legitimately has issues with how people are treating the earth... so it's only natural for him to use those real life elements for his character.

It works, and it's kinda funny.
    I remember his vegan promo back when he was World Heavyweight Champion in 2012 and telling the crowd off for eating meat. So it seems to be his go-to for Heel persona. I think it works for him though because it's a little personal and adds something to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I remember his vegan promo back when he was World Heavyweight Champion in 2012 and telling the crowd off for eating meat. So it seems to be his go-to for Heel persona. I think it works for him though because it's a little personal and adds something to the mix.
    It's also a very different sort of promo than anyone else is cutting. He has his own angle he can attack the crowd with that other wrestlers aren't using, so it makes him and his promos somewhat unique. And the best part about his promos is that they are kinda true, so you can't even entirely disagree with them.

Astonishing Member

It's also a very different sort of promo than anyone else is cutting. He has his own angle he can attack the crowd with that other wrestlers aren't using, so it makes him and his promos somewhat unique. And the best part about his promos is that they are kinda true, so you can't even entirely disagree with them.
    It's fresh to see a top Heel as champion that isn't a "Beast" or a "Monster" and I think that's what will help make this Heel run work for him. Some of the best promos have a sliver of truth in them. It helps get the WWE Universe engaged into what they're saying.

I'm not hating what Dean is doing on Raw but it seems kind of one-sided and the connection with the WWE Universe just isn't there. I think a better story line would be to cost Rollins everything. His Intercontinental Championship, a Royal Rumble victory, Elimination Chamber opportunity, and etc. Strip him of everything so that Rollins can fight Ambrose on an even level at Wrestlemania with nothing to lose.

It's fresh to see a top Heel as champion that isn't a "Beast" or a "Monster" and I think that's what will help make this Heel run work for him. Some of the best promos have a sliver of truth in them. It helps get the WWE Universe engaged into what they're saying.

I'm not hating what Dean is doing on Raw but it seems kind of one-sided and the connection with the WWE Universe just isn't there. I think a better story line would be to cost Rollins everything. His Intercontinental Championship, a Royal Rumble victory, Elimination Chamber opportunity, and etc. Strip him of everything so that Rollins can fight Ambrose on an even level at Wrestlemania with nothing to lose.
    Deans thing is sort of hit and miss. I don't think it's terrible by any means, and I'm sure the actual matches they have will be great. But I think Deans heel character isn't translating perfectly on screen. But you're right... if he can cost Rollins the IC belt, that might be the REAL start for the angle.

The thing is, prior to the actual heel turn I thought Dean actually was coming off very sympathetic. Things just went sideways with his motivations and actions afterwards.

Astonishing Member

Deans thing is sort of hit and miss. I don't think it's terrible by any means, and I'm sure the actual matches they have will be great. But I think Deans heel character isn't translating perfectly on screen. But you're right... if he can cost Rollins the IC belt, that might be the REAL start for the angle.

The thing is, prior to the actual heel turn I thought Dean actually was coming off very sympathetic. Things just went sideways with his motivations and actions afterwards.
    Dean's initial Heel turn was really interesting because Rollins was even telling him that it's okay after he got beat up. So it felt like a brotherly argument but the love was still there. It kind of escalated into something different in the past few weeks but the focal point should be a fight amongst "brothers." Dean's been on a downward spiral for a long time, mostly since he came back, and he should want to take everything from Rollins so he knows what it's like.

The problem that I see with this feud, if the rumors are true, is it's being used to take the Intercontinental Championship off Rollins so he can fight Lesnar at Wrestlemania. I'd love to see Rollins dethrone Lesnar but I think they should spend more time really making this feud the best from Raw.

Dean's initial Heel turn was really interesting because Rollins was even telling him that it's okay after he got beat up. So it felt like a brotherly argument but the love was still there. It kind of escalated into something different in the past few weeks but the focal point should be a fight amongst "brothers." Dean's been on a downward spiral for a long time, mostly since he came back, and he should want to take everything from Rollins so he knows what it's like.

The problem that I see with this feud, if the rumors are true, is it's being used to take the Intercontinental Championship off Rollins so he can fight Lesnar at Wrestlemania. I'd love to see Rollins dethrone Lesnar but I think they should spend more time really making this feud the best from Raw.
    I think in a way they can still feud Seth with Dean and with Brock. If Dean beats Seth for the IC belt, then you can sort of argue Dean makes a logical first opponent for Seth. They are feuding anyways, and Dean already beat him. The problem there being that it would die up BOTH the IC and Universal title, so Dean almost has to drop it for that to work.

But since Brock basically shows up to work maybe once a month, you almost HAVE to be feuding with someone else while you are feuding with Brock. So feuding with Dean sort of gives Seth something to do when Brock isn't around I guess.

Astonishing Member

I think in a way they can still feud Seth with Dean and with Brock. If Dean beats Seth for the IC belt, then you can sort of argue Dean makes a logical first opponent for Seth. They are feuding anyways, and Dean already beat him. The problem there being that it would die up BOTH the IC and Universal title, so Dean almost has to drop it for that to work.

But since Brock basically shows up to work maybe once a month, you almost HAVE to be feuding with someone else while you are feuding with Brock. So feuding with Dean sort of gives Seth something to do when Brock isn't around I guess.
    As much as I like the Shield, I think that was the problem with Raw since SummerSlam. They held all the main men's Championships in a one story feud and didn't really do much with them. Not that either division and its respected title has been better off but the Raw Championships need to be lifted in story telling. So I'm hoping they actually have Dean cause Rollins to lose the Intercontinental Championship rather than becoming Champion himself. This way it allows for that eventual Universal Championship feud.

Ultimate Member

Yeah there's several other guys on Raw that could use the IC Title more than Dean (and lets face it, Dean's last IC Title run wasn't especially well-booked either).

As much as I like the Shield, I think that was the problem with Raw since SummerSlam. They held all the main men's Championships in a one story feud and didn't really do much with them. Not that either division and its respected title has been better off but the Raw Championships need to be lifted in story telling. So I'm hoping they actually have Dean cause Rollins to lose the Intercontinental Championship rather than becoming Champion himself. This way it allows for that eventual Universal Championship feud.
    I suppose they could probably have Dean win the belt, then have someone else beat Dean with Rollins interference or something. Couple ways they can handle it, so long as both titles aren't locked up in a single feud.

Incredible Member

Dynamite Kid has passed away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Dynamite Kid has passed away.
    Already posted that on the previous page, but it got drowned out by all the nattering about other things

The Dynamite Kid turned 60 and passed away on the same day

https://cultaholic.com/news/the-dyna...60th-birthday/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah there's several other guys on Raw that could use the IC Title more than Dean (and lets face it, Dean's last IC Title run wasn't especially well-booked either).
    There's almost an entire division of talent that could do a lot with the Intercontinental Championship that doesn't involve Rollins or Dean. I think the last time I was actually invested in a match/feud for the sole aspect of the Intercontinental Championship being fought over was at Extreme Rules.

I suppose they could probably have Dean win the belt, then have someone else beat Dean with Rollins interference or something. Couple ways they can handle it, so long as both titles aren't locked up in a single feud.
    The problem that I have with the Intercontinental Championship, in its current state, is that it's not the prized possession that it should be. It's being caught up in a feud that has little to do with the Championship. They need to give it to somebody who consistently has entertaining matches and make it more about the Championship with adding their own touch to it. WWE needs to create a ranking system for 2 divisions and stick to it. The current roster is such a cluster mess, anybody can claim a contenders match.

I agree with Ciampa's tweet and how he treats the NXT Championship. That treatment needs to be used for all other WWE Championships.

Cena had the US Title Open Challenge.

Rollins has the IC Title Open Challenge.

CIAMPA does not, nor will he ever, offer an NXT Title Open Challenge.

My NXT Title is the most coveted Title in sports entertainment. You want a shot at The Champ, earn it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That's how you get heat.

Astonishing Member

As reported, WWE Royal Rumble VIP Access tickets for Becky Lynch sold out in 90 seconds. What's still amazing is that hers is the only signing that's still sold out!

RAW also got it's lowest non-holiday rating ever last month. I feel that was more due to last week's trash RAW than this one. (Which was slightly better) But they need to fix things, ASAP.

Astonishing Member

Matthew Palmer, Indie wrestler and Ember Moon's husband, reportedly commented in a text about Nia Jax saying "Hope this unsafe moron doesn't hurt my wife again."

While it may not be the nicest way of saying it, I understand his concern. Especially if it happened before.