Page 244 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1441942342402412422432442452462472482542943447441244 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can barely count the number of times they have wrestled each other on one hand in the span of months. That's not really THAT much. When 2 wrestlers are feuding, that's fairly normal. And that's especially true for a division with like 8 people in it. It's pretty much the standard feud formulla. Star off with a normal match, and as the feud ramps up they're given a couple gimmick matches, with maybe a few tag matches on TV in between.
    lets test that theory by looking at beckys' road to the title win against carmella, 10 matches leading up to
    6/5 vs charlotte
    6/12 w/aska, charlotte, naomi, lana vs IIconis, sonya, mandy, carmella
    MitB vs charlotte, ember moon, lana, naomi, natalya, sasha
    6/19 vs billie kay
    6/26 sonya deville
    7/3 vs peyton royce
    7/17 mandy rose
    7/24 carmella
    8/7 w/charlotte vs IIcons
    8/14 vs sonya & mandy

summerslam vs carmella

2 of 10

Again, the matches are good and the fans are still emotionally invested. As long as both those things are true, there's no actual problem there.
    yes there is, you just won't face it.

As far as other people getting the rub from Beckys popularity, Nia benefitted from it and Asuka became the champion during the feud.
    nia was accidental and very short term and aska is so obviously transitional. speaking of which, we should xpect aska to get booed vs becky if charlotte isn't in the match correct??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-21-2018 at 07:52 AM.

BANNED

Asuka vs Becky confirmed for the Rumble

https://rajah.com/node/title-match-c...yal-rumble-ppv

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    lets test that theory by looking at beckys' road to the title win against carmella, 10 matches leading up to
    6/5 vs charlotte
    6/12 w/aska, charlotte, naomi, lana vs IIconis, sonya, mandy, carmella
    MitB vs charlotte, ember moon, lana, naomi, natalya, sasha
    6/19 vs billie kay
    6/26 sonya deville
    7/3 vs peyton royce
    7/17 mandy rose
    7/24 carmella
    8/7 w/charlotte vs IIcons
    8/14 vs sonya & mandy

summerslam vs carmella

2 of 10

yes there is, you just won't face it.

nia was accidental and very short term and aska is so obviously transitional. speaking of which, we should xpect aska to get booed vs becky if charlotte isn't in the match correct??
    If Becky wasnt' injured, it's entirely possible she would be wrestling more people in between her PPV matches with Charlotte too. Lately she has only done promos between PPV appearances.

If you honestly don't believe that wrestlers don't wrestle each other multiple times in a feud, then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. It happens. THat's part of the reason it's a feud.

As far as me not facing the problem, Exactly what problem as I supposed to be facing here? The actual matches are very good, and the fans are emotionally invested in the feud. If the only problem is a handful of guys on the internet want Becky wrestle someone else, that's not an actual problem for the WWE... merely some people not getting exactly what they want. That will almost always be the case.

Should we expect Asuka booed? I think there's a possibility to that given what happened with Charlotte and Ronda. If it happens a third time with Asuka we can definately say it's an established pattern.
    Last edited by XPac; 12-21-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Impact has a new channel....and its even less well known than POP

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...anuary-649065/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

I had to look up Pursuit channel because I never heard of it. It's owned by Anthem so I guess that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

It's sort of weird that WCW and EcW couldn't find a new home on cable in their dying days, but Impact continues to stay on the air. I guess being owned by Anthem helps a lot though.

It's sort of weird that WCW and EcW couldn't find a new home on cable in their dying days, but Impact continues to stay on the air. I guess being owned by Anthem helps a lot though.
    Turner cut loses, gave up, and sold WCW.

ECW was sold, too.

TNA/whatever they are now has been sold, too.

The difference being that a huge wrestling company bought the other two.

I imagine had Vince not purchased either of those, we'd would have seen the same small market TV game going on that we see now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If Becky wasnt' injured, it's entirely possible she would be wrestling more people in between her PPV matches with Charlotte too. Lately she has only done promos between PPV appearances.
    she's not injured now and every match since she's been back has had charlotte in it.

If you honestly don't believe that wrestlers don't wrestle each other multiple times in a feud, then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. It happens. THat's part of the reason it's a feud.
    yeah, that's the issue here. it's not that these 2 have had more than enough matches for a great feud and should move on for now, it's totally that you're able to understand multiple matches happen in a feud and i just can't wrap my mind around that.

As far as me not facing the problem, Exactly what problem as I supposed to be facing here? The actual matches are very good, and the fans are emotionally invested in the feud. If the only problem is a handful of guys on the internet want Becky wrestle someone else, that's not an actual problem for the WWE... merely some people not getting exactly what they want. That will almost always be the case.
    i'm not going to keep repeating myself, it's been pointed out multiple times by multiple people and just because we're "guys on the internet" doesn't make what we're saying any less true. on top of that nobody is saying we want becky vs this person or that person, just it's time to move on from charlotte already.

i'm sure rollins and ziggler can have a good match next RAW but that doesn't mean they should, it's happened enough for a long time.

Should we expect Asuka booed? I think there's a possibility to that given what happened with Charlotte and Ronda. If it happens a third time with Asuka we can definately say it's an established pattern.
    hmmm, sounds pretty wishy washy to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Calling Ronda a "female Brock" is being a special kind of stupid.
    Not really. Undefeated streak, going over every person she faces, done in part because of her MMA background and WWE's obsession with it (look at how they've let Shayna run through the NXT Women's Division for pretty much the same reason), sacrificing organically over talent potentially, etc.

She's not there YET. But she needs to lose in a big match at some point or people might start seeing her that way.

They're booking her more like pre-NWO WCW Hogan IMHO.

Monster face push, ignoring the fan reactions, cutting face promos, undercutting established and over talent.

Maybe this is all build for a big loss and a heel super womans stable?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Not really. Undefeated streak, going over every person she faces, done in part because of her MMA background and WWE's obsession with it (look at how they've let Shayna run through the NXT Women's Division for pretty much the same reason), sacrificing organically over talent potentially, etc.

She's not there YET. But she needs to lose in a big match at some point or people might start seeing her that way.
    Then she can have a great heel run. I really feel heel fots her better.

Corbin needs to cash some receipts. I want him to have a Nexus moment on Raw and Smackdown.Just pure violent takeover with a heel faction. I want Hunter and Shane to get down. I want the whole McMahon family to be put down.

To throw this guy right back into garden variety heel position would be a waste.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Corbin isn't good or interesting enough to lead a stable.

Astonishing Member

speaking of stables
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    she's not injured now and every match since she's been back has had charlotte in it.

yeah, that's the issue here. it's not that these 2 have had more than enough matches for a great feud and should move on for now, it's totally that you're able to understand multiple matches happen in a feud and i just can't wrap my mind around that.

i'm not going to keep repeating myself, it's been pointed out multiple times by multiple people and just because we're "guys on the internet" doesn't make what we're saying any less true. on top of that nobody is saying we want becky vs this person or that person, just it's time to move on from charlotte already.

i'm sure rollins and ziggler can have a good match next RAW but that doesn't mean they should, it's happened enough for a long time.

hmmm, sounds pretty wishy washy to me.
    Again, there's a difference between you not liking something and there being an actual problem. If the feud is over and the matches are good, then as far as WWE is concerned there's no actual problem here. It's merely a case of it not being exactly what some fans want... but that's always going to be the case. Can't make everyone happy.

And if me saying that Asuka might be booed because the 2 previous opponents to Becky were booed, then I guess I'm being wishy washy. All I can say is that it could happen, but I'm not sure. We'll see. Sorry I can't give you a more definative answer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Corbin isn't good or interesting enough to lead a stable.
    I'll split the difference. I think he's good enough to lead a heel stable. But he's not good enough to lead a main event level stable worthy of feuding with the McMahons. Generally speaking, to feud with the McMahons you're basically a top guy and Corbin is at best still a work in progress.

Maybe he could be a corner man for Drew though. They sort of had an association for a litlte bit there. Not that Drew necessarily needs him, but a heel having a guy in their corner can often give them the feel of being more of a player.