Page 245 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1451952352412422432442452462472482492552953457451245 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll split the difference. I think he's good enough to lead a heel stable. But he's not good enough to lead a main event level stable worthy of feuding with the McMahons. Generally speaking, to feud with the McMahons you're basically a top guy and Corbin is at best still a work in progress.

Maybe he could be a corner man for Drew though. They sort of had an association for a litlte bit there. Not that Drew necessarily needs him, but a heel having a guy in their corner can often give them the feel of being more of a player.
    Even if a stable is midcard the appointed leader still needs to be the ace of the group. Corbin is no ace. He can't carry a match, can't carry a promo, he not elevating anyone by being with him. It will be a waste
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 12-21-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon
    Even if a stable is midcard the appointed leader still needs to be the ace of the group. Corbin is no ace. He can't carry a match, can't carry a promo, he not elevating anyone by being with him. It will be a waste
    He's better as a second.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Corbin isn't good or interesting enough to lead a stable.
    The past few months proved this.

I still don't understand the reasons for Lashley and McIntyre following Corbin. They received nothing out of it and came out looking worse.

Again, there's a difference between you not liking something and there being an actual problem. If the feud is over and the matches are good, then as far as WWE is concerned there's no actual problem here. It's merely a case of it not being exactly what some fans want... but that's always going to be the case. Can't make everyone happy.
    those are such cop outs. 1st nobody is even saying "exactly what they want" to not get it. moving on from charlotte after 1/2 a dozen matches is hardly xact, they could go a shitload of different ways with that. 2nd "as far as WWE is concerned there's no actual problem here" is lame. there's never an actual problem as far as they're concerned, they have guaranteed money to last them years upon years.

And if me saying that Asuka might be booed because the 2 previous opponents to Becky were booed, then I guess I'm being wishy washy. All I can say is that it could happen, but I'm not sure. We'll see. Sorry I can't give you a more definative answer than that.

you didn't say "might" or maybe.
    And no, they're not booing Asuka... because the one match she had with Becky had Charlotte involved, where she could play the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    those are such cop outs. 1st nobody is even saying "exactly what they want" to not get it. moving on from charlotte after 1/2 a dozen matches is hardly xact, they could go a shitload of different ways with that. 2nd "as far as WWE is concerned there's no actual problem here" is lame. there's never an actual problem as far as they're concerned, they have guaranteed money to last them years upon years.

you didn't say "might" or maybe.
    In simple terms here, I think the question is whether or not it seems as though the fans are still emotionally invested in the storyline with Charlotte and Becky. If they don't seem emotionally invested in the matches or the angle, then there's something the WWE needs to work on. We saw some signs with that with Dean and Seth for example at the last PPV. If fans were chanting boring during any of the matches with Charlotte and Becky, then I would be more willing to buy the arguement that there's a problem. My point being the matches are good and the fans are still emotionally invested in the feud, so there's no problem here. Just a couple of people on the internet who happen to not like it. And that happens. Can't make EVERYONE happy here... but I think it's fair to say they're doing a good job making the majority of fans happy with the matches they have had so far so they're good for now.

And the thing about Asuka and Becky is that they havent' had a one on one match yet. The single match they had had Charlotte there, and the fan base already turned on Charlotte like they did with Ronda, when she started feuding with Becky. So we, or at least I am not sure the same thing will happen to Asuka as it did with Ronda and Charlotte. Could happen, since it happened to the last 2 faces Becky feuded with. Or it might not. I think Asuka will sort of determine whether or not we can say an actual pattern is forming here.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    He's better as a second.
    agreed. baron isn't terrible, either on the mic or the ring. but i just don't see him as a natural heel leader.

now dean-o? i could see it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So a big reason Anthem decided to do a deal with Pursuit for Impact was the fact that were only getting a portion of ad revenue the show was doing on POP. So it seems by signing with a partner of Anthem's in the Pursuit channel they can likely get more ad revenue. (Also Pursuit is on streaming called Roku and no one knows yet if Impact will stream there).

https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact...ursuit-network
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In simple terms here, I think the question is whether or not it seems as though the fans are still emotionally invested in the storyline with Charlotte and Becky.
    no that isn't the question at all and i'm not sure why you keep answering that question nobody is asking. the fans are into whatever becky is doing, she's that hot right now. she could have good matches and feuds the fans would be into with plenty of women, the big difference/ benefit is the match up would be fresh and could possibly elevate a new star.

what people are saying the problem is(time and again), is that match has been done enough already and it's time to move on so others can get some spotlight too. you just refuse to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    no that isn't the question at all and i'm not sure why you keep answering that question nobody is asking. the fans are into whatever becky is doing, she's that hot right now. she could have good matches and feuds the fans would be into with plenty of women, the big difference/ benefit is the match up would be fresh and could possibly elevate a new star.

what people are saying the problem is(time and again), is that match has been done enough already and it's time to move on so others can get some spotlight too. you just refuse to hear it.
    Fans can be into the wrestlers and still react negatively to the angle or the match. Seth and Dean at the last PPV is a perfect example of that. Both wrestlers are over, but the fans were chanting boring. Despite the wrestlers being over, clearly there was a disconnect there.

We're not seeing that with Charlotte and Becky. The fans are emotionally invested, and the matches are not only good but arguably even the matches of the night in the last 2 PPVs. As far as womens wrestling goes, this might be as good as it gets or at least as good as it's ever been on the main roster. So again, no real problem at this point.

What I am saying is there is no actual problem here... merely something you don't happen to like. But given the positive reception their last 2 matches have had, unlike with Seth and Dean, that doesn't seem to be the consensus. It's not time to move on because it's not working in any way, shape or form... it's merely time to move on because you want it too. That's not the same thing.

As far as spotlight goes... Asuka is right there in it, so again not a problem. The woman arguably most deserving of it aside from Charlotte and Becky is in fact getting it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Fans can be into the wrestlers and still react negatively to the angle or the match. Seth and Dean at the last PPV is a perfect example of that. Both wrestlers are over, but the fans were chanting boring. Despite the wrestlers being over, clearly there was a disconnect there.

We're not seeing that with Charlotte and Becky. The fans are emotionally invested, and the matches are not only good but arguably even the matches of the night in the last 2 PPVs. As far as womens wrestling goes, this might be as good as it gets or at least as good as it's ever been on the main roster. So again, no real problem at this point.

What I am saying is there is no actual problem here... merely something you don't happen to like. But given the positive reception their last 2 matches have had, unlike with Seth and Dean, that doesn't seem to be the consensus. It's not time to move on because it's not working in any way, shape or form... it's merely time to move on because you want it too. That's not the same thing.

As far as spotlight goes... Asuka is right there in it, so again not a problem. The woman arguably most deserving of it aside from Charlotte and Becky is in fact getting it.
    There was a reason why fans turned on the Seth and Dean match. The rivalry was built up as a blood feud. Fans don't want to see lock ups, rest holds or any kind of good old fashion wrestling when these guys had the kind of feud that demanded they kill each other. It was the wrong kind of match for the build we were given.

Here is something you need to understand. The fans are emotionally invested in Becky and only Becky. Anything she does will generate immediate interest in the fans. As I said before, that's likely why the company is keeping her attached to Charlotte even though the expiration date on their feud has long since past. They don't have any interest elevating the other women on Smackdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There was a reason why fans turned on the Seth and Dean match. The rivalry was built up as a blood feud. Fans don't want to see lock ups, rest holds or any kind of good old fashion wrestling when these guys had the kind of feud that demanded they kill each other. It was the wrong kind of match for the build we were given.

Here is something you need to understand. The fans are emotionally invested in Becky and only Becky. Anything she does will generate immediate interest in the fans. As I said before, that's likely why the company is keeping her attached to Charlotte even though the expiration date on their feud has long since past. They don't have any interest elevating the other women on Smackdown.
    Charlotte has done almost nothing but lose in the last few PPVs. Yes, they are using Charlotee... they are using her to help put over Becky, as beating CHarlotte is the biggest win you can get in the womans division short of beating Ronda. And they did it multiple times to show that it's no fluke. And in the last PPV, they had both Charlotte and Becky put over Asuka to win the Smackdown title, so there's at least some investment in putting over Asuka too.

Astonishing Member

Yes, they are using Charlotee... they are using her to help put over Becky, as beating CHarlotte is the biggest win you can get in the womans division short of beating Ronda.
    Which has been done since Evolution. The only things left to put Becky over are to win the Royal Rumble and beat Ronda at Wrestlemania. Charlotte doesn't need to be in the picture with Becky anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Which has been done since Evolution. The only things left to put Becky over are to win the Royal Rumble and beat Ronda at Wrestlemania. Charlotte doesn't need to be in the picture with Becky anymore.
    Charlotte is in the picture because she's feuding with Ronda, along with Becky.

But that aside, there are hypothetical reasons they might want Charlotte's continued involvement in that feud (though we are just speaking hypothetically... she might not be).

If WWE doesn't want Ronda or Becky pinned, then having Charlotte take the fall protects both. If they don't want Ronda to get booed out of the building during the match, Charlotte can draw the heel heat on herself by playing the role of the heel. Or if they're simply not sure Becky is at 100% coming off her injury, inserting Charlotte protects her by having Charlotte take the lions share of the bumps (like she did in TLC).

Again, we're speaking hypothetically. WWE may feel Charlotte is necessary for any of these reasons, and she might not be inserted into the angle by the time Wrestlemania itself comes around. All I'm saying is IF she's involved, there could be multiple reasons for it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So a big reason Anthem decided to do a deal with Pursuit for Impact was the fact that were only getting a portion of ad revenue the show was doing on POP. So it seems by signing with a partner of Anthem's in the Pursuit channel they can likely get more ad revenue. (Also Pursuit is on streaming called Roku and no one knows yet if Impact will stream there).

https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact...ursuit-network
    I get them on PlutoTV. They have their own channel (204).

https://www.pluto.tv/watch/impact-wrestling-channel

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Quite simply, WWE loves their triple-threat matches as they subscribe to the belief that somehow protects everyone involved and nobody ever has to lose.