Page 246 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1461962362422432442452462472482492502562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Charlotte is in the picture because she's feuding with Ronda, along with Becky.

But that aside, there are hypothetical reasons they might want Charlotte's continued involvement in that feud (though we are just speaking hypothetically... she might not be).

If WWE doesn't want Ronda or Becky pinned, then having Charlotte take the fall protects both. If they don't want Ronda to get booed out of the building during the match, Charlotte can draw the heel heat on herself by playing the role of the heel. Or if they're simply not sure Becky is at 100% coming off her injury, inserting Charlotte protects her by having Charlotte take the lions share of the bumps (like she did in TLC).

Again, we're speaking hypothetically. WWE may feel Charlotte is necessary for any of these reasons, and she might not be inserted into the angle by the time Wrestlemania itself comes around. All I'm saying is IF she's involved, there could be multiple reasons for it.
    Creative is taking 2 separate feuds and, hypothetically, making them into one. Both Charlotte and Becky have unfinished business with Ronda but their feud with each other should be over. There's no reason for a triple threat when everybody wants to see Becky/Ronda way more than Charlotte/Ronda. It's like having a Rock/Austin feud and throwing Triple H into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Rock View Post
    Quite simply, WWE loves their triple-threat matches as they subscribe to the belief that somehow protects everyone involved and nobody ever has to lose.
    The lack of pecking order within the WWE Roster has lead us to this point.

Astonishing Member

best of ring of honor wrestling 2018 on komo 4 seatle
    from 4 7 18 cody vs Kenny (super card of honor XII)
    jeff cobb (263lbs) vs punishment Martinez (272lbs) roh 370 (which I watched) for the roh world television championship
    the kingdom try to get back the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROH_Wo...m_Championship from cody and the young bucks 11 4 18 (survival of the fittest 2018)
    cody vs matt taven vs jay lethal vs Dalton castle for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROH_World_Championship 6 30 18
    the young bucks vs the briscoes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROH_Wo...m_Championship roh best in the world 2018 6 29 18
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-23-2018 at 01:24 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Fans can be into the wrestlers and still react negatively to the angle or the match. Seth and Dean at the last PPV is a perfect example of that. Both wrestlers are over, but the fans were chanting boring. Despite the wrestlers being over, clearly there was a disconnect there.
    did i say otherwise at some point?? there were a lot of problems with that match and build up to it that have already been covered.

We're not seeing that with Charlotte and Becky. The fans are emotionally invested, and the matches are not only good but arguably even the matches of the night in the last 2 PPVs. As far as womens wrestling goes, this might be as good as it gets or at least as good as it's ever been on the main roster. So again, no real problem at this point.
    nope, rinse and repeat.

What I am saying is there is no actual problem here... merely something you don't happen to like. But given the positive reception their last 2 matches have had, unlike with Seth and Dean, that doesn't seem to be the consensus. It's not time to move on because it's not working in any way, shape or form... it's merely time to move on because you want it too. That's not the same thing.
    i enjoyed the matches as much as everyone else so negative on that front.

it's time to move on because you shouldn't wait until people stop caring or the matches get completely stale, because then if you want to go back to it down the line people won't want to see it. you're going to have to try something different than the "it's just not what you want" routine, perhaps the good old "it's drawing money" might be the way to go next.

As far as spotlight goes... Asuka is right there in it, so again not a problem. The woman arguably most deserving of it aside from Charlotte and Becky is in fact getting it.
    not so far but we'll see.

Charlotte has done almost nothing but lose in the last few PPVs. Yes, they are using Charlotee... they are using her to help put over Becky, as beating CHarlotte is the biggest win you can get in the womans division short of beating Ronda. And they did it multiple times to show that it's no fluke. And in the last PPV, they had both Charlotte and Becky put over Asuka to win the Smackdown title, so there's at least some investment in putting over Asuka too.
    wow, you don't know what putting somebody over means. that actually xplains a lot.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-23-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    The past few months proved this.

I still don't understand the reasons for Lashley and McIntyre following Corbin. They received nothing out of it and came out looking worse.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Creative is taking 2 separate feuds and, hypothetically, making them into one. Both Charlotte and Becky have unfinished business with Ronda but their feud with each other should be over. There's no reason for a triple threat when everybody wants to see Becky/Ronda way more than Charlotte/Ronda. It's like having a Rock/Austin feud and throwing Triple H into it.

The lack of pecking order within the WWE Roster has lead us to this point.
    that makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    did i say otherwise at some point?? there were a lot of problems with that match and build up to it that have already been covered.

nope, rinse and repeat.

i enjoyed the matches as much as everyone else so negative on that front.

it's time to move on because you shouldn't wait until people stop caring or the matches get completely stale, because then if you want to go back to it down the line people won't want to see it. you're going to have to try something different than the "it's just not what you want" routine, perhaps the good old "it's drawing money" might be the way to go next.

not so far but we'll see.

wow, you don't know what putting somebody over means. that actually xplains a lot.
    Asuka won the main event of a main roster PPV in a match she won involving arguably the hottest wrestler in the company right now... that's as much if not more spotlight than Asuka has gotten on her entire run in the company. In comparison to Becky she is still somewhat of an after thought... but that would likely be the case with or without Charlotte involved in the match.

And I agree you should end an angel before people stop caring. The question is whether or not you're getting to that point yet. Pretty much the exact same people made the exact same arguement prior to the Last Man Standing match with Charlotte, but they still seemed to care about the TLC with Charlotte in it, so it wasn't a problem then. If the next match we have in the angle still has people emotionally invested then it won't be a problem now either... but I guess we'll see. The fact that the angle by design has others involved (Asuka and down the line Ronda) helps with the staleness issue since it's not JUST the same 2 people wrestling.

And I keep going back to the "it's just not what you want" arguement because until we actually see a negative response to the angle in the actual product, a handful of people complaining about it on the net is basically the only issue it has. Arguing it MIGHT get stale isn't an actual problem... it's merely a hypotehtical problem that COULD arise. Not the same thing.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

The deal is... no more Charlotte and Becky. That feud ended and Charlotte respected Becky... now she's right back to insulting her and whatnot.

At this point I'd rather have Nikki Bella start a feud with Charlotte over 'who is the real queen' just to keep her away from whatever Becky is involved with for a month. If anything a feud with the Bellas would help get Charlotte over with the fans again since no one likes the Bellas. Becky vs Asuka, Becky vs Rhonda. No room for Charlotte. Keep her busy elsewhere or bench her for a week or two.
    Last edited by MarkRodriguez09; 12-23-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    The deal is... no more Charlotte and Becky. That feud ended and Charlotte respected Becky... now she's right back to insulting her and whatnot.

At this point I'd rather have Nikki Bella start a feud with Charlotte over 'who is the real queen' just to keep her away from whatever Becky is involved with for a month. If anything a feud with the Bellas would help get Charlotte over with the fans again since no one likes the Bellas. Becky vs Asuka, Becky vs Rhonda. No room for Charlotte. Keep her busy elsewhere or bench her for a week or two.
    The thing is, I don't think they want Charlotte more over as a face. I think with Becky and Asuka as faces, they are more in need of heels. That's probably why after fans made it clear they didn't want to BOO Becky, they had Charlotte start acting more like a heel to fill that void.

Part of the reason I think we're getting Asuka feud with Becky over the belt is because there aren't any credible heels in their league. You can try building up new heels, but that would need to be done at Becky or Asuka's expense. In the short term at least, it's just easier to have Charlotte go heel.

Nikki actually works as a short term sollution if needed though. She can be an effective heel, and she's a big enough star to be perceived as a peer to any woman on the roster. But because she's a part timer, she's only a short term sollution. Might work for Wrestlemania though if they need a high profile person t compete for the Smackdown womans belt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They want Charlotte as a face. If she's suppose to be heel they are really half assing it. Survivor Series Charlotte has only been paired against heels, teamed with Becky on the tribute to the troops show (seriously WTF), announcers haven't condemned any of her actions other than her beatdown of Rousey. WWE wants her to be a face with edge such like how they been forced to portray Becky as.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They want Charlotte as a face. If she's suppose to be heel they are really half assing it. Survivor Series Charlotte has only been paired against heels, teamed with Becky on the tribute to the troops show (seriously WTF), announcers haven't condemned any of her actions other than her beatdown of Rousey. WWE wants her to be a face with edge such like how they been forced to portray Becky as.
    It's somewhat of a slow turn, but you can tell the difference between Charlotte before the ROnda match and afterwards when she "snapped" or whatever. Prior to the match she was doing this match FOR Becky. Now she's talking down to Becky after they SEEMINGLY make peace, and is cheating more and backing off more. Her promos are basically what they were when she was a heel.

As far as the announcers talking about the match with Ronda... they were selling it like it was an act of desperation (something she herself was selling). That's not really face like. It was sold like she couldn't beat Ronda straight up and snapped. That's not how you sell a face. Not that faces can't cheat, but this was something else.

Truthfully if they wanted Charlotte face they simply wouldn't have them feuding with each other because they obviously know that talking down to Becky will get her booed. It's no secret at this point. Having her work with Becky or simply keeping her away from Becky would achieve a much stronger face reaction than constantly telling people that Becky is in her shadow. But they know that, and are getting the exact reaction they want out of Charlotte.
    Last edited by XPac; 12-23-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

charlotte needs to play the entitled spoiled bitch
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    charlotte needs to play the entitled spoiled bitch
    She needs to go away. Bella might be a part timer and a temporary solution but omg, asking them to keep Charlotte's attention focus off of anything related to Becky for at least a month would be nice.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Road Warrior Animal didn't have nice things to say about Becky and current status of WWE's main-event
    https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/s...84505846640640

ON WOMEN BEING THE MAIN EVENT IN WWE:

There is a problem in the wrestling business. Yes, the women’s movement is growing, but when the women are the main event and they have the best matches on your card, there’s an issue.
    ON BECKY LYNCH:

I would let her back off of ‘The Man’ thing and let her just be a pure white meat babyface that doesn’t quit. Those are the kind of babyfaces that work. When you come out there with the attitude and strutting your stuff like she’s some kind of tough guy, come on! Jesus, Lord, anybody that’s ever been in a fight can see right through it and I’m just being realistic because that’s what works in this business. You’ve got to think shoot and work the shoot and right now they’re not taking advantage of their stars who are stars.
    Becky completely shut him down
    https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/st...95831121743872

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon
    Road Warrior Animal didn't have nice things to say about Becky and current status of WWE's main-event
    https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/s...84505846640640

Becky completely shut him down
    https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/st...95831121743872
    Saw it earlier. That was ace. Animal seems a tad behind the times.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

So turns out Kenny Omega is a fan of Maximilian! neat