Page 258 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1582082482542552562572582592602612622683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Kenny is a guy that values his creative freedom. I don't see him taking the offer unless he gets some degree of creative control. I bet he wouldn't want any of the company's writers to do his promos for instance.
    I get him wanting creative control (something I'm pretty certain he will NOT get in the WWE). That said, I think there's something wrong when Curtis Hawins has a net worth double that of a guy who is arguably considered the best wrestler in the world (not my vote personally but it's an arguable point). For what he does, this guy should be a millionare, and he's nowhere near that working in the indies right now. If AEW doesn't offer him a 7 figure deal (and they MIGHT... I do think they need him), I personally think he should take the 3.5 mill a year so he's set for life, then after his WWE contract is up if he's not happy he can leave and do whatever the heck he wants for the rest of his career. In the wrestling business every match can be your last, so there's theoretially a chance he might not get a chance to earn this much money again.

But we'll see. If AEW offers him enough money, then obviously he can get the best of both worlds and all this will be moot.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I get him wanting creative control (something I'm pretty certain he will NOT get in the WWE). That said, I think there's something wrong when Curtis Hawins has a net worth double that of a guy who is arguably considered the best wrestler in the world (not my vote personally but it's an arguable point). For what he does, this guy should be a millionare, and he's nowhere near that working in the indies right now. If AEW doesn't offer him a 7 figure deal (and they MIGHT... I do think they need him), I personally think he should take the 3.5 mill a year so he's set for life, then after his WWE contract is up if he's not happy he can leave and do whatever the heck he wants for the rest of his career. In the wrestling business every match can be your last, so there's theoretially a chance he might not get a chance to earn this much money again.

But we'll see. If AEW offers him enough money, then obviously he can get the best of both worlds and all this will be moot.
    I wouldn't call New Japan an indie. It's the second largest wrestling promotion in the world.

For guys like Kenny he should go to WWE once his career starts whining down. Where the company is right now I won't waste my peak years there.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't call New Japan an indie. It's the second largest wrestling promotion in the world.

For guys like Kenny he should go to WWE once his career starts whining down. Where the company is right now I won't waste my peak years there.
    well nakamura went to nxt at 36 (omega is 35)

and 2 hours later
    Considering Omegas entire net worth is only like half a million (if Google searches are accurate), I imagine getting 7 times that a year will be tough to pass up unless AEW is willing to pay something close to comparable. Which I suppose is a possibility. A part of me almost thinks they sort of need Omega at least at the beginning to help establish them. Cody is well know, but he's never been THE guy anywhere really.

Still it should be interesting. Half the fun of the Rumble this year will almost be seeing whether or not he shows up.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Omega
    if balor styles anderson gallows (club) cesaro joe the new day (smackdown live) zayn owens slater (raw) cole strong(nxt)
    people he has worked with are in the rumble match at the same time
    oh let him have a free agent contract ala john cena

Last edited by steve2275; 01-04-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Absolutely loved Wrestle Kingdom 13. Ospreay/Ibushi, White/Okada, Naito/Jericho, and Tanahashi/Omega were unbelievable. Spectacular story telling, head-to-toe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    nothing against those guys but when i want to see them i'll be happy to watch AEW. NJPW had too many gaijin imo so i hope they use this opportunity to promote more japanese talent. i'd also like to see some bigger heavyweights.
    That's fair enough. I didn't find any of the current AEW contracted wrestlers memorable from Wrestle Kingdom so it's best they're moving on. NJPW has a lot of top class talent.

According to rumors, WWE offered Kenny $3.5 million a year
    I honestly don't see it being of any worth to him given the current condition of the company and the status of their wrestlers.

I think now actually might be the perfect time for someone to jump to the WWE. Cena is a part timer, Roman is out of the picture, Lesnar PROBABLY won't be getting another long title reign, and AJ MIGHT be leaving when his contract is up. So there's a potential void at the top. WWE right now is lacking a person who acts as the face of the compay aside from arguably Becky and she's not direct competition for Omega. Someone either within or outside of the company is going to need to fill that void.

Again, I don't think he actually will sign with the WWE. I think he'll just go with his buddies. But now IMO is actually a good time to join. I think WWE is in a sort of transitional year, and that will create opportunities which weren't here a year ago and might not be there a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Absolutely loved Wrestle Kingdom 13. Ospreay/Ibushi, White/Okada, Naito/Jericho, and Tanahashi/Omega were unbelievable. Spectacular story telling, head-to-toe.

That's fair enough. I didn't find any of the current AEW contracted wrestlers memorable from Wrestle Kingdom so it's best they're moving on. NJPW has a lot of top class talent.

I honestly don't see it being of any worth to him given the current condition of the company and the status of their wrestlers.
    Not to sound materialistic, but I don't see how a contract which earns you 7 times your net worth a year isn't of any worth. If the guys net worth is only half that of freaking CUrt Hawkins, then I'm not sure New Japan and the indy scene as a whole is paying the guy what he's potentially worth (AEW might change that). Unless you're already a millionaire (and he's not), making a 7 figure income is strong incentive because it sets him up for life. He can work the WWE until his contract is up and leave afterwards if he wants to, knowing he's financially set and can do whatever the heck he wants for the rest of his life.

Astonishing Member

Not to sound materialistic, but I don't see how a contract which earns you 7 times your net worth a year isn't of any worth. If the guys net worth is only half that of freaking CUrt Hawkins, then I'm not sure New Japan and the indy scene as a whole is paying the guy what he's potentially worth (AEW might change that). Unless you're already a millionaire (and he's not), making a 7 figure income is strong incentive because it sets him up for life. He can work the WWE until his contract is up and leave afterwards if he wants to, knowing he's financially set and can do whatever the heck he wants for the rest of his life.
    That's very, very true, and I was thinking that as well, but I outweighed that with the personal perspective. I would be more than happy to be wrong and see him have a Wrestlemania moment but I get the feeling that he would rather help Cody and the Young Bucks promote All Elite Wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    That's very, very true, and I was thinking that as well, but I outweighed that with the personal perspective. I would be more than happy to be wrong and see him have a Wrestlemania moment but I get the feeling that he would rather help Cody and the Young Bucks promote All Elite Wrestling.
    Oh, I'm 100% sure his preference would be to work in AEW with his Elite buddies. Between WWE's road schedule and the lack of creative control, it's almost a no brainer if you factor out money. The big question mark is how much AEW will cough up to get Omega. If they can offer up a 7 figure deal too, there's no way in heck WWE is getting Omega. But we'll see.

For purely selfish reasons, I'd love to see Omega show up at the Rumble. I think that would be cool. But I don't think it's likely.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275
    well nakamura went to nxt at 36 (omega is 35)
    Nakamura is different. He was stuck in a glass ceiling and it clear that New Japan had no interest in pushing him beyond the IC title even though he was most over guy they had. He also started winding down as he would coast on matches that weren't important.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpac
    I think now actually might be the perfect time for someone to jump to the WWE. Cena is a part timer, Roman is out of the picture, Lesnar PROBABLY won't be getting another long title reign, and AJ MIGHT be leaving when his contract is up. So there's a potential void at the top. WWE right now is lacking a person who acts as the face of the compay aside from arguably Becky and she's not direct competition for Omega. Someone either within or outside of the company is going to need to fill that void.

Again, I don't think he actually will sign with the WWE. I think he'll just go with his buddies. But now IMO is actually a good time to join. I think WWE is in a sort of transitional year, and that will create opportunities which weren't here a year ago and might not be there a year from now.
    I disagree. WWE is absolutely stacked with talent and the majority of them are used like crap. Roman being gone and Cena being a part timer hasn't done anything. There haven't been any new guys to take their spots. They put the belt back on Lesnar for him to be an absentee champion again, Corbin of all people is the show's top heel, Lashley is spinning his wheels, Balor has been directionless all year, half of the Smackdown guys would be lucky if they appear on TV any given week, tag divisions are still a joke. Kenny is better off in Japan. When he's ready to dial it back he can go to WWE.

Astonishing Member

Oh, I'm 100% sure his preference would be to work in AEW with his Elite buddies. Between WWE's road schedule and the lack of creative control, it's almost a no brainer if you factor out money. The big question mark is how much AEW will cough up to get Omega. If they can offer up a 7 figure deal too, there's no way in heck WWE is getting Omega. But we'll see.

For purely selfish reasons, I'd love to see Omega show up at the Rumble. I think that would be cool. But I don't think it's likely.
    It all depends whether or not Omega resigns with NJPW. He could continue his lifestyle in Japan and it could potentially give him the advantage of participating in events for AEW to help attract fans. Omega was honestly the reason I wanted to get a ticket for All In. Appreciated the event much more that I thought I would with all the other amazing talent and it opened a brand new world of professional wrestling for me. So Omega is a huge asset, especially in that regards, for AEW and could easily have a good paycheck for special appearances.

Signing with WWE would certainly profit his bank account and his personal brand but would restrict him from everything else within that contracted time.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/stevo2275/status...46510808584192

and quick hard hitting match between Ohno and riddle on nxt
    im gonna skip posting whats happening nxt uk episode 21
    however candy floss and bayley would get along well together
    tyler bate is a strong mofo
    episode 22
    toni storm takes on deonna purazzo in a good 13? minute match
    josh morrel takes on wild boar mike hitchman (1 of my favorites)
    can eddie dennis get revenge on dave mastiff? I wouldn't call its a high cross body LOL and were getting a non disqualification match at takeover blackpool

oh and as far as omega to going to wwe have him debut against the new universal champion seth rollins on the raw after wrestlemania

and hidden gem time on the wwe network as sting takes on the great muta from the summer 1989 for the nwa tv championship
    all star wrestling 9 13 1975 tom stanton takes on superstar billy graham
    buddy porter and buzz sawyer take on the blackjack lanza and blackjack mulligan
    maneul miranda? takes on Baron Mikel Scicluna
    frank "magnificent" monte takes on francisco flores
    louis cerdan and tony parisi (who looks like john belushi LOL) take on bugsy mcgraw and waldo von erich
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-05-2019 at 04:10 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i really wanna see ishii feud with nagata this year.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

chase and takahashi are officially OG BC

and it looks like taichi wants some of naito.

Nakamura is different. He was stuck in a glass ceiling and it clear that New Japan had no interest in pushing him beyond the IC title even though he was most over guy they had. He also started winding down as he would coast on matches that weren't important.

I disagree. WWE is absolutely stacked with talent and the majority of them are used like crap. Roman being gone and Cena being a part timer hasn't done anything. There haven't been any new guys to take their spots. They put the belt back on Lesnar for him to be an absentee champion again, Corbin of all people is the show's top heel, Lashley is spinning his wheels, Balor has been directionless all year, half of the Smackdown guys would be lucky if they appear on TV any given week, tag divisions are still a joke. Kenny is better off in Japan. When he's ready to dial it back he can go to WWE.
    I think the new guy taking the spot of Cena and Roman will likely be the winner of the Royal Rumble (my guess is Rollins). He'll win the Rumble and go onto beating Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, unless of course Braun beats Brock. But I think Rollins is a better choice long term choice for being the top guy than Braun.

And think that's the main reason the belt is back on Brock (aside from the fact that Roman and Braun couldn't be champ due to health reasons). Beating Brock will be the way to establish the next guy.

Outside of Seth and Braun, I do think they are building up Elias and Drew to be main eventers but they're not really to take Romans spot yet. They're still works in progress.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-05-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Ultimate Member

WWE has too much talent as it is that they don't know what to do with. So many talented guys being underused or flat-out wasted. So they don't need more now. Also I don't trust Vince to get what makes Kenny work and use him well.

As for WK, I wonder if they're setting up White to beat Tanahashi for the title? They're clearly big on him, he's beaten Omega and Okada already but lost to Tanahashi twice, and his obnoxious heel character would be a cool counter to Tanahashi?

Also it sets up a possible redemption arc for Okada where he finally gets his groove back and beats White. It makes sense given the buildup.