Page 259 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1592092492552562572582592602612622632693093597591259 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 19298
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    if their 2nd half of the year is THAT xtraordinary i don't see why not.
    Because it is Wrestler of the Year, not wrestler of the last 6 months.

I'd give WotY Tana, Omega, Becky, Naito, Sabre, or Rollins. Some of these tour guys get massive time off every year and they still get considered or even win. Makes no sense to me that Becky should be skipped over.

If I gave an order ... Omega ...................... Becky ... Naito ... Rollins ... Sabre ............................ Tana/Ciampa.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Vince is willing to throw enough money, he can probably get almost anyone on the indy scene. Guess we'll see how badly they actually want him. If he shows up in the wwe over his buddies fed (something I doubt), it would likely mean Vince offered him a truck load of money.
    who is talking about indys??

I'll believe it was a truck load if she shows up at the Rumble (which I very much doubt would happen, but would be cool as heck).

Because in my head there's no way he would sign with the WWE when all his buddies are forming their own fed UNLESS Vince really opened up his wallet.
    i still don't get why you don't just believe Beastie when he tells you they already offered him that.

Not to sound materialistic, but I don't see how a contract which earns you 7 times your net worth a year isn't of any worth. If the guys net worth is only half that of freaking CUrt Hawkins, then I'm not sure New Japan and the indy scene as a whole is paying the guy what he's potentially worth (AEW might change that). Unless you're already a millionaire (and he's not), making a 7 figure income is strong incentive because it sets him up for life. He can work the WWE until his contract is up and leave afterwards if he wants to, knowing he's financially set and can do whatever the heck he wants for the rest of his life.
    i think you're putting too much into the net worth thing. 1st who's calculating his net worth that has access to the balance of his bank accounts?? if they're only going by what he owns vs what he owes it doesn't say much. the guy is unmarried with no kids and touring throughout the year, he has no reason to own houses, cars, businesses etc. 2nd curt hawkins has been working for WWE for about 10yrs. kenny signed with NJPW 4yrs ago, and as a jr back then. he only started getting the big push as a HW 2yrs ago so this would be his 1st contract as a top guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    WWE has too much talent as it is that they don't know what to do with. So many talented guys being underused or flat-out wasted. So they don't need more now. Also I don't trust Vince to get what makes Kenny work and use him well.

As for WK, I wonder if they're setting up White to beat Tanahashi for the title? They're clearly big on him, he's beaten Omega and Okada already but lost to Tanahashi twice, and his obnoxious heel character would be a cool counter to Tanahashi?

Also it sets up a possible redemption arc for Okada where he finally gets his groove back and beats White. It makes sense given the buildup.
    i think that's clearly the direction they're going.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    Because it is Wrestler of the Year, not wrestler of the last 6 months.
    if she achieves more in 6months than others did all year she should still win. if she did that or not idk, but i can see how others might feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    who is talking about indys??

i still don't get why you don't just believe Beastie when he tells you they already offered him that.

i think you're putting too much into the net worth thing. 1st who's calculating his net worth that has access to the balance of his bank accounts?? if they're only going by what he owns vs what he owes it doesn't say much. the guy is unmarried with no kids and touring throughout the year, he has no reason to own houses, cars, businesses etc. 2nd curt hawkins has been working for WWE for about 10yrs. kenny signed with NJPW 4yrs ago, and as a jr back then. he only started getting the big push as a HW 2yrs ago so this would be his 1st contract as a top guy.

i think that's clearly the direction they're going.

if she achieves more in 6months than others did all year she should still win. if she did that or not idk, but i can see how others might feel that way.
    There's frankly reason for any person in their mid thirties to oen s house if you can afford to do so. Its an asset and investment. If something were to happen to him tommorow, he'll be glad he has one. Even if you don't live in it, you can use it to make money in a variety of ways.

Hes either not making the money he should be making, or he's simply not good with his money. Either way, a contract where he earns 7 times that a year might be good for him in the long run.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's frankly reason for any person in their mid thirties to oen s house if you can afford to do so. Its an asset and investment. If something were to happen to him tommorow, he'll be glad he has one. Even if you don't live in it, you can use it to make money in a variety of ways.

Hes either not making the money he should be making, or he's simply not good with his money. Either way, a contract where he earns 7 times that a year might be good for him in the long run.
    He might not be making WWE money in New Japan but he isn't hurting for cash. It's obviously earning enough to make a living. He has other booking, and has other things going on like doing trailers for Capcom and making a killing in merchandise like the rest of the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He might not be making WWE money in New Japan but he isn't hurting for cash. It's obviously earning enough to make a living. He has other booking, and has other things going on like doing trailers for Capcom and making a killing in merchandise like the rest of the elite.
    I'll just say again... IMO a guy like at him SHOULD be a millionaire. And he's nowhere near that if his net worth online is accurate. Unless AEW is offering him a 7 figure deal (and they MIGHT since I think they obviously need him more than WWE does), it frankly would be sort of stupid not to take the deal. Earn your millions, and down the line if you're not happy in the WWE leave and do whatever is fun once you're financially secure. Because in the wrestling business you never know... your next match may be your last. So you might not get a chance to earn this much money again.

I'll just say again... IMO a guy like at him SHOULD be a millionaire. And he's nowhere near that if his net worth online is accurate. Unless AEW is offering him a 7 figure deal (and they MIGHT since I think they obviously need him more than WWE does), it frankly would be sort of stupid not to take the deal. Earn your millions, and down the line if you're not happy in the WWE leave and do whatever is fun once you're financially secure. Because in the wrestling business you never know... your next match may be your last. So you might not get a chance to earn this much money again.
    I don't think you get the type of guy Omega is. He wants to have the creative freedom to do what he wants. He knows he won't get that in WWE where everything is micro managed. He can't "change the world" by being another guy on Raw or Smackdown. Simply put, he won't accomplish his goals there.

I doubt he'll jump to AEW. He loves Japan too much to want to leave. He lives there now. Unless AEW can establish a working relationship with New Japan I don't see Kenny joining the rest of his Elite buddies.

I don't think you get the type of guy Omega is. He wants to have the creative freedom to do what he wants. He knows he won't get that in WWE where everything is micro managed. He can't "change the world" by being another guy on Raw or Smackdown. Simply put, he won't accomplish his goals there.

I doubt he'll jump to AEW. He loves Japan too much to want to leave. He lives there now. Unless AEW can establish a working relationship with New Japan I don't see Kenny joining the rest of his Elite buddies.
    I absolutely get that he would want creative freedom. ANyone would, but for a guy that's used to having it his way I imagine that's especially true.

I'm just saying, bite the bullet and take the 7 figure contract for a couple years so he's financially set for life, THEN leave if he's not happy he can do whatever the heck he wants.

As far as accomplishing his goals... how many more goals are out there for him to accomplish if he's already the top guy in the number 2 wrestling organization on earth? I think you can make a pretty credible arguement that the only significant goals left are in the WWE. That's the last and biggest mountain to climb for a professional wrestler. Yes, he can win the IWGP title a couple more times, and maybe the NWA belt or the AEW belt or even the Impact title. But honestly don't think that elevates him beyond where he's already at because he's already the biggeste star in the industry that's not a WWE guy.

Now if he's legit happy with never trying to be a big star in the biggest wrestling company and he doesn't feel he needs a 7 figure contract, then more power to him. But I still think it's the smart move UNLESS he can get a comparable deal with AEW. If they throw enough money at him, then yeah... go with your buddies instead of the WWE. He'll probably have more fun.

I absolutely get that he would want creative freedom. ANyone would, but for a guy that's used to having it his way I imagine that's especially true.

I'm just saying, bite the bullet and take the 7 figure contract for a couple years so he's financially set for life, THEN leave if he's not happy he can do whatever the heck he wants.

As far as accomplishing his goals... how many more goals are out there for him to accomplish if he's already the top guy in the number 2 wrestling organization on earth? I think you can make a pretty credible arguement that the only significant goals left are in the WWE. That's the last and biggest mountain to climb for a professional wrestler. Yes, he can win the IWGP title a couple more times, and maybe the NWA belt or the AEW belt or even the Impact title. But honestly don't think that elevates him beyond where he's already at because he's already the biggeste star in the industry that's not a WWE guy.

Now if he's legit happy with never trying to be a big star in the biggest wrestling company and he doesn't feel he needs a 7 figure contract, then more power to him. But I still think it's the smart move UNLESS he can get a comparable deal with AEW. If they throw enough money at him, then yeah... go with your buddies instead of the WWE. He'll probably have more fun.
    I don't see him taking the bullet because he's not motivated by monetary gain. If he was then he would have signed with WWE after his Wrestle Kingdom with Odaka when it took a belief hiatus from wrestling. He'll likely join WWE once he's like Nakamura where he's past his peak and hit a ceiling.

Kenny's goal is to "change the world". He doesn't inspire to just win titles and be a top guy. He wants to change the business as a whole. Much like Okada, it wants to turn the place he's at from a pond into an ocean. As long his ambition remains that high (frankly unrealistic) I don't see him ever making the jump.

I don't see him taking the bullet because he's not motivated by monetary gain. If he was then he would have signed with WWE after his Wrestle Kingdom with Odaka when it took a belief hiatus from wrestling. He'll likely join WWE once he's like Nakamura where he's past his peak and hit a ceiling.

Kenny's goal is to "change the world". He doesn't inspire to just win titles and be a top guy. He wants to change the business as a whole. Much like Okada, it wants to turn the place he's at from a pond into an ocean. As long his ambition remains that high (frankly unrealistic) I don't see him ever making the jump.
    He's certainly not past his peak, but I do wonder if he's hit a ceiling. Is it possible for him to go any farther than where he's already at, as the number one guy in the number two company?

But if he wants to change the business then he absolutely should sign with AEW. They're changing the business for the "boys" and I absolutely believe they will need Omega. That's probably the next revoution in the industry.

DA MELTZ is where the Omega "truck load" rumor is coming from.

Dave listed no numbers.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    DA MELTZ is where the Omega "truck load" rumor is coming from.

Dave listed no numbers.
    I find the number believable as top WWE guys make seven figures. When Cody was on Bruce Prichard podcast he mentioned that he and the bucks turned down WWE offers with main-event money.

tna accidentally streamed 40 minutes of their ppv for free on twitch before they realized it

Impact Homecoming was good PPV but it's Main Event was a complete dud especially that botch ending on both John Morrison (I refuse to call Johnny Impact) and Brian Cage has got matches before but this is the sloppiest and lowburn that bore the shit out my mouth.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

I think Omega is confirming that he's leaving New Japan... so I guess that leaves either AEW or the WWE.

AEW is probably more likely, but part of me is still hoping he shows up at the Rumble. We'll see.