Page 260 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1602102502562572582592602612622632642703103607601260 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 19298

Gonna be an interesting 2019. Impact is on uneasy ground, AEW is getting up and running, NJPW is still expanding and WWE is getting new leadership since Vince is retiring this year

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Gonna be an interesting 2019. Impact is on uneasy ground, AEW is getting up and running, NJPW is still expanding and WWE is getting new leadership since Vince is retiring this year
    Wait, Vince is retiring?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Wait, Vince is retiring?
    Its not officially but that's the word going around. He is 73 and wants to also work on the XFL which is launching next year. He needs to devote himself fulltime to that. So the word is that after Mania, Vince is stepping down in favour of hhh

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Its not officially but that's the word going around. He is 73 and wants to also work on the XFL which is launching next year. He needs to devote himself fulltime to that. So the word is that after Mania, Vince is stepping down in favour of hhh
    Alright. I'm not getting my hopes up until Vince himself says so, though.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Omega is confirming that he's leaving New Japan... so I guess that leaves either AEW or the WWE.

AEW is probably more likely, but part of me is still hoping he shows up at the Rumble. We'll see.
    For some reason, I'm leaning towards the belief that it's a work.

If it's not a work, and...

He signs with AEW, he's going to draw a lot of people in for the company but will take a long time for it to be in a strong place within the professional wrestling community.

He signs with WWE, he'll be WWE Champion within a year and a half.

Vince will never retire from WWE. It may seem like Triple H will have control but Vince will still have an input and it will be felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    For some reason, I'm leaning towards the belief that it's a work.

If it's not a work, and...

He signs with AEW, he's going to draw a lot of people in for the company but will take a long time for it to be in a strong place within the professional wrestling community.

He signs with WWE, he'll be WWE Champion within a year and a half.

Vince will never retire from WWE. It may seem like Triple H will have control but Vince will still have an input and it will be felt.
    If Omega signs with the WWE, I'm actually wondering if he won't win the Rumble and go on to challenge Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. If he's really being offered 3.5 mill a year, they might wanna get their money's worth right out of the gate.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Omega lives in Japan and prefers working there, so I think he takes the Ibushi route and stays a free agent.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Alright. I'm not getting my hopes up until Vince himself says so, though.

While Impact isn't on POP and the bigger channel...again it has to be said a report was Anthem has a better deal in place with Pursuit channel and will earn more for TV ad time. That is why that move seemingly happened.

As far as Vince goes ...WWE is his heart and soul and will be til he dies. He's only taking time away to do XFL launch to hope it doesn't fail like last time. But at the end of the day he'll return and I'd imagine unless he gets support from the NFL ...the XFL will die yet again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Kushida is leaving New Japan at the end of the month. WWE is interested in signing him. Would be cool to see him on 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Kushida is leaving New Japan at the end of the month. WWE is interested in signing him. Would be cool to see him on 205.
    They probably should debut him in NXT first.

The NXT crowd seems to know who everyone is, and will pop for debuts and make a big deal out of it. 205 Live crowd might sort of be hit and miss. Since Japanesse wrestling is bigger now he might still get a big reaction, but in NXT I think it's more a guranteed thing.

Or the Cruiser weight classic, since that's essentially the NXT crowd.

Welp, Kenny Omega announced his departure from New Japan. How he's leaving makes me think it's a work. We'll see.

I wonder if AEW will end up helping or hurting their expsnsion. In the last year or so, they put a lot of their focus on Omega and the Elite. But if they end up with a good working relationship with AEW it may not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Welp, Kenny Omega announced his departure from New Japan. How he's leaving makes me think it's a work. We'll see.
    Tokyo Sports says he's gone. He's entertaining bids from AEW and WWE. He said he wants to go where he'll be happy and laid groundwork for a Tana rematch ... soo ... I half wonder if Omega is using this to push AEW's profile and they enter a working agreement with NJPW? Kayfabe is still a thing in Japan so it's hard to tell.

AEW is in another bidding war with Impact for Pentagon and Fenix. I guess that means we will see who is the bigger deal for them to sign.

Other Omega articles on MAINSTREAM news:
    New York Post: Kenny Omega is wrestling’s biggest free agent — and WWE has a challenger. They translate his Tokyo SPorts interview I posted up there.

SI: Kenny Omega Confirms He Will Leave New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Bleacher: Kenny Omega Announces He's Leaving NJPW After Wrestle Kingdom 13 Loss.

This amount of outside-the-norm coverage is good for wrestling. Hopefully it starts to peak alternatives.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Tokyo Sports says he's gone. He's entertaining bids from AEW and WWE. He said he wants to go where he'll be happy and laid groundwork for a Tana rematch ... soo ... I half wonder if Omega is using this to push AEW's profile and they enter a working agreement with NJPW? Kayfabe is still a thing in Japan so it's hard to tell.

AEW is in another bidding war with Impact for Pentagon and Fenix. I guess that means we will see who is the bigger deal for them to sign.

Other Omega articles on MAINSTREAM news:
    New York Post: Kenny Omega is wrestling’s biggest free agent — and WWE has a challenger. They translate his Tokyo SPorts interview I posted up there.

SI: Kenny Omega Confirms He Will Leave New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Bleacher: Kenny Omega Announces He's Leaving NJPW After Wrestle Kingdom 13 Loss.

This amount of outside-the-norm coverage is good for wrestling. Hopefully it starts to peak alternatives.
    What makes me think it's a work is that Kenny leaving falls in line with the story of his feud with Tanahashi. With the Elite gone and Tanahashi ideology reigning surpreme Kenny feels there isn't a place for him in New Japan anymore. The mainstream media sources reporting on it does hamper that.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

in a move that surprises no one, SCU has signed with AEW.