Page 263 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1632132532592602612622632642652662672733133637631263 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/statu...18432370622464

New Japan staying royal to RoH and won't partner with AEW.
    I can certainly respect their loyalty, but it sounds like it's their loss. They to a degree built their company around Omega and the Elite in recent months. THey're big draws in Japan. Probably bigger than anyone ROH has.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It almost doens't matter who Ronda feuds with, because I think we all know it's just filler until the next time she meets up with Becky and Charlotte. That's the REAL feud.

Though Sasha at least potentially mixes with that, given her relationship with Becky and CHarlotte. If we get horsewomen interference on both ends, they can possibly milk 2 wrestlemania matches out of this. Becky vs Ronda, and the other horsewomen vs the other horsewomen in a 6 person tag or something.
    That's a good idea. Becky and Charlotte costing Rousey the belt for Sasha makes that Horsewomen match plausible.

Astonishing Member

I can certainly respect their loyalty, but it sounds like it's their loss. They to a degree built their company around Omega and the Elite in recent months. THey're big draws in Japan. Probably bigger than anyone ROH has.
    Maybe both sides realize there is no future in being The Elite show featuring ROH and NJPW.

Now can AEW have a working relationship with TNA and NWA?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Maybe both sides realize there is no future in being The Elite show featuring ROH and NJPW.

Now can AEW have a working relationship with TNA and NWA?
    I would THINK AEW out of the gate would want a working relationship with pretty much anyone. Impact would especially be useful since that gets them TV time (something AEW doesn't have, as far as I know). Given Impact is moving to a new station and is sort of being ignored with all the recent stuff happening in wrestling, I think a working relationship would help both in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That's a good idea. Becky and Charlotte costing Rousey the belt for Sasha makes that Horsewomen match plausible.
    While I wouldn't mind Sasha beating Ronda for the belt, I honestly think if anyone is going to do that it should be Becky. Being the first to beat Ronda is kind of a big deal, and it would almost be weird if Sasha did it after being somewhat in the mid card of the womans division for so long.

But certainly Sasha needs it more than Becky, so that sort of works too. I guess it depends on whether you want to give it to the one who needs it the most, or who deserves it the most.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/statu...18432370622464

New Japan staying royal to RoH and won't partner with AEW.
    Hmmm could be bad news for Cody. Where will they get extra guys to fill up the roster?
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Honestly I'm surprised they would announce it. I think the anticipation of where he was going to end up was sort of generating a buzz. Not that anyone was really surprised he would sign with his buddies, but I think the possibility of him showing up in the WWE (especially with the RUmble around the corner) was making some headlines.

Still, it's all for the best. AEW frankly needed him a lot more than Vince does.
    Eh, honestly Vince needed the buzz more than Omega. He doesn't really need it and why get the WWE fans hopes up for nothing. Omega gets attention no matter what he does or doesn't do.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Eh, honestly Vince needed the buzz more than Omega. He doesn't really need it and why get the WWE fans hopes up for nothing. Omega gets attention no matter what he does or doesn't do.
    Honestly I don't think Vince needs the buzz either. Royal Rumble, and the WWE as a whole will do just fine with or without Omega. It's the WWE.

I'm just saying I think everyone sort of benefitted from the buzz. The whole mystery of where he might jump to I think was sort of fun. Its a bit of a throwback to the Monday Night wars when people were wondering whether this wrestlers might jump shop and show up on another show. When someone just sort of announces where they are going to show up, the mystique about it is gone. But maybe that's just me.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This hurts AEW more than New Japan. AEW needs bodies and not being able to use New Japan guys hurts. If New Japan isn't in then they likely won't be able to use RoH and CMLL guys niether as they are all partnered.

The departure of Elite won't hurt them one bit. Cody was never over in Japan, Hangman is a drop in the bucket, and they got native talent filling up the tag tanks in both divisions so the Bucks won't be missed. Losing Omega is what's going to hurt. It's likely why Jay White got the rocket strapped to him right now.

This hurts AEW more than New Japan. AEW needs bodies and not being able to use New Japan guys hurts. If New Japan isn't in then they likely won't be able to use RoH and CMLL guys niether as they are all partnered.

The departure of Elite won't hurt them one bit. Cody was never over in Japan, Hangman is a drop in the bucket, and they got native talent filling up the tag tanks in both divisions so the Bucks won't be missed. Losing Omega is what's going to hurt. It's likely why Jay White got the rocket strapped to him right now.
    Really if they needed bodies, then it probably wasn't going to rely too heavily on guys from Japan. That potentially adds a lot of expense for both sides. They're probably better off relying on more local indy talent and free lancers. I would THINK there would be enough free lance talent in the states alone to put out a viable promotion, but I guess we'll see. It's not like any of the other US wrestling promotions are really relying to heavily on talent from Japan.

Ultimate Member

Omega leaving might hurt them a little bit in the short term. Although long-term they conceivably have guys like Jay White, ZSJ, Juice, etc who could be built up in Kenny's absence.

Also in regards to Raw, it's sad the see The Riott Squad essentially just be jobbers now. Ruby especially
    deserves much better because she's really talented.

And as for Sasha, I'll give WWE credit when they give me a reason to. IE actually letting Sasha WIN some important matches, or get a PROPER title reign because she hasn't gotten one yet, etc.

​Sasha had lots of "she's in big matches but loses in the end" on the MR, so its nothing new nor does it impress me much at this point. They do this with her, but her booking never improves.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Really if they needed bodies, then it probably wasn't going to rely too heavily on guys from Japan. That potentially adds a lot of expense for both sides. They're probably better off relying on more local indy talent and free lancers. I would THINK there would be enough free lance talent in the states alone to put out a viable promotion, but I guess we'll see. It's not like any of the other US wrestling promotions are really relying to heavily on talent from Japan.
    Most of the Elite buzz comes the work they did in Japan. Being able to use New Japan guys would have been a good way to get quickly established as their core audience should be familiar with those guys.

Astonishing Member

weird thought aew willing to work with nxt
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    weird thought aew willing to work with nxt
    I don't think it would ever happen, but just to play with the idea a bit...

WWE had a working relationship with Ohio Valley and Smokey Mountain Wrestling, where they were to a degree feeders systems who made use of some of the WWE talent on occasion. So it wouldn't entirely be out of the realm of possibility WWE might do the same with another fed if it potentially meant more content for their Net Work.

And we have seen NXT use talent not signed with the WWE, like Jushin Liger at Takeover back in the day. Cruiser Weight Classic does that too.

I don't see any of this happening mind you. But it would be interesting.

AEW has ties to NOAH, DDT, PWG, and both Dragon Gates.

I could see them using PWG as Omega was there as recently as 2017.

The Bucks have strong ties with DGUSA. Cody has strong ties with the NWA. Chikara has good ties with damn near everyone in AEW so far.

I think AEW has plenty of good options to fill spots. More than Impact.

AEW could really help raise the profile of PWG, DGUSA, or Chikara.

I think not being with ROH or NJPW is actually the best thing to have happened to AEW the more I think about it.

Good for wrestling, too.

Are we about to see a boom period? I hope so!

BTW: NJPW is looking to build for a Tanahashi/Jericho feud in 2019! BUT! He's been meeting with Tony Kahn about AEW. Going to be an interesting year ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-08-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium