Page 264 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1642142542602612622632642652662672682743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it would ever happen, but just to play with the idea a bit...

WWE had a working relationship with Ohio Valley and Smokey Mountain Wrestling, where they were to a degree feeders systems who made use of some of the WWE talent on occasion. So it wouldn't entirely be out of the realm of possibility WWE might do the same with another fed if it potentially meant more content for their Net Work.

And we have seen NXT use talent not signed with the WWE, like Jushin Liger at Takeover back in the day. Cruiser Weight Classic does that too.

I don't see any of this happening mind you. But it would be interesting.
    WWE already has like three feds that function as feeders. Progress, ICW and the newly acquired WXW. Progress essentially functions as NXT's NXT. I doubt the AEW will create their own promotion just to be under the WWE umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE already has like three feds that function as feeders. Progress, ICW and the newly acquired WXW. Progress essentially functions as NXT's NXT. I doubt the AEW will create their own promotion just to be under the WWE umbrella.
    Honestly I doubt it too. Like I said, I was just playing around with the idea.

But if theoretically it got them on the WWE network (which I sort of doubt), it's something I imagine they might at least want to consider. WWE likely wants more content, and any fed without national exposure could benefit from that. So there are upsides to the arrangement. Though again, I doubt it would happen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    While Impact isn't on POP and the bigger channel...again it has to be said a report was Anthem has a better deal in place with Pursuit channel and will earn more for TV ad time. That is why that move seemingly happened.
    The issue with Pop is (at least for Direct Tv folks like me) is in order to get it you have to be on one of the higher costing plans.

So with it on Pursuit-I can watch Impact on my Direct Tv plan. Pursuit is a channel that does not do as much streaming as Pop nor HD.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue with Pop is (at least for Direct Tv folks like me) is in order to get it you have to be on one of the higher costing plans.

So with it on Pursuit-I can watch Impact on my Direct Tv plan. Pursuit is a channel that does not do as much streaming as Pop nor HD.
    You got to hand it to TNA/Impact. Their ability to find a new home when the current channel they are on doesn't want them anymore is uncanny. Fox, Spike, Destination America, Pop TV, and now Pursuit. It almost puts ECW and WCW to shame.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

double or nothing.

las vegas

this may.

brit baker is now with AEW

so MJF and jumpin' joey are all elite.

awwwww shit!

it's pac!!

chris jericho is all elite!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    awwwww shit!

it's pac!!
    I think that confirms that AEW will be working with Dragon Gate.

Also, Chase Owens signed with NJPW, so he's out for AEW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    chris jericho is all elite!
    Its looking like the rumors that he had a massive falling out with vince were true

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Its looking like the rumors that he had a massive falling out with vince were true
    It was with Hunter, not Vince.

And shit, I'm ALL IN for AEW now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Tokyo Sports says AEW will be allowed to compete for IWGP titles.

So this is interesting....apparently they may have another backer as well

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You got to hand it to TNA/Impact. Their ability to find a new home when the current channel they are on doesn't want them anymore is uncanny. Fox, Spike, Destination America, Pop TV, and now Pursuit. It almost puts ECW and WCW to shame.
    According to reports they were in talks with WGN and another channel. But decided on Pursuit. Likely due to the fact as mentioned before they can get ad revenue which they weren't getting from Pop. That to me was what led to the ending of that relationship.

As a comparison Shitts Creek (another POP original show) averaged at times right around what Impact was doing weekly at times. Impact Wrestling would do 180,000-300,000 at times through 2018.

I'd say when Anthem pushed to get tv advertising rates like most shows want and WWE likely gets...they were told NO. Which caused Pop to realize they weren't gonna keep it past 2018.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.