Page 266 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1662162562622632642652662672682692702763163667661266 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 19298

i talked to someone i know at wwe to get their reaction to AEW, the response was " we give it 5 years at the most before it collapses. We arent worried at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    i talked to someone i know at wwe to get their reaction to AEW, the response was " we give it 5 years at the most before it collapses. We arent worried at all"
    Honestly, that's not an unfair opinion to have. It's very tough to run a sucessful wrestling organization in the States. Very few have been able to even survive, let alone thrive. ROH and Impact are still around... but they are obviously nothing the WWE needs to worry about. Maybe AEW will be different. But at this point at least, they probably aren't going to be sweating this too much. I think the biggest problem AEW will create for the WWE is taking talent who would otherwise likely work at the WWE. But having a short of talent will never be an issue for the WWE with the whole NXT system in place.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I feel kinda sad that the owner of my favorite NFL team got conned into being a money mark, lol. Knew his son has always been a huge wrestling fan(he and Roman are apparently friends), but I'd have never expected Shad himself to dive in completely considering how he's run the Jags so far.

Also, pretty amused that WWE.com moving Jericho's profile to the alumni section was some big notable thing on Twitter. Like, who really gives a damn?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I feel kinda sad that the owner of my favorite NFL team got conned into being a money mark, lol. Knew his son has always been a huge wrestling fan(he and Roman are apparently friends), but I'd have never expected Shad himself to dive in completely considering how he's run the Jags so far.

Also, pretty amused that WWE.com moving Jericho's profile to the alumni section was some big notable thing on Twitter. Like, who really gives a damn?
    Jericho hasn't been under WWE contract for years but they still had him on the current superstars page. It wasn't until he signed with AEW that he got moved.

Well, obviously. Treating it like it was some sort of big deal is what tickled me.

BTW, this has been a stellar episode of SDL.

So the fans being turned away from wwe for wearing AEW gear..yeah AEW staged that it seems

Well, obviously. Treating it like it was some sort of big deal is what tickled me.

I can see why it would be. For the last 20 years Jericho has been a WWE guy. When he started New Japan he said he wouldn't perform in the US shows out of respect for Vince. That's out the window now.

Eh, it's SOP for when folks sign contracts with other promotions. Acting like it's big news is just laughable.

Smackdown was great. And I'm definately surprised by the ending. I assumed Becky would win the Rumble and challenge Ronda. I wonder how they will get Ronda and Becky at Wrestlemania.

Maybe Charlotte wins the Rumble and challenges both champions.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Smackdown was great. And I'm definately surprised by the ending. I assumed Becky would win the Rumble and challenge Ronda. I wonder how they will get Ronda and Becky at Wrestlemania.

Maybe Charlotte wins the Rumble and challenges both champions.
    Becky loses then wins the rumble

I hope that's what will happen. Where the women's rumble is placed on the card will determine if they will do that.

Yeah, I suppose having Becky do double duty works. Has anyone ever one that before? Competed for the world title, THEN the Rumble? I know IC and tag champs have done double duty.

No one can stay no1 forever not sure AEW is going to be the ones but stranger things have happened.

Astonishing Member

the new beginning in Sapporo 2018 part 1 on axs tv as chaos (white sho yoh) take on the elite (omega bucks)
    minoru suzuki takes on hiroshi tanahashi for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_I...l_Championship

r-truth will turn 47 2 Saturdays from now
    vega almas joe orton and have em all wear suits...yeah zelina too hell add nakamura and call them the four horsemen
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-09-2019 at 03:27 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I suppose having Becky do double duty works. Has anyone ever one that before? Competed for the world title, THEN the Rumble? I know IC and tag champs have done double duty.
    Roman Reigns. He wrestled Kevin Owens for the universal title and then joined the Rumble later that night.