Page 267 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1672172572632642652662672682692702712773173677671267 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Well, I gotta say it, WWE has made the Women's division far more interesting then anything the men are doing. Although it all came about by accident but the Smackdown women's division is probably my favourite thing in wrestling now.

I loved the Daniel Bryan segment. Heel eco dick head Bryan is more fun than face Bryan.

I hate the Mandy Rose. Could easily become problematic.

Astonishing Member

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing some underutilized WWE wrestlers jump ship to AEW.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I hate the Mandy Rose. Could easily become problematic.
    How? What Mandy is doing a classic heel move. Getting under the skin of face through someone they care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind seeing some underutilized WWE wrestlers jump ship to AEW.
    Honestly I think that's how it should work. I think there's a naturaly cycle where wrestlers come and go, which ultimately helps everyone. WWE releases a few guys, or a few guys quit for whatever reason and that allows the indy scene to get people with nationale exposure. It also creates opportunitis on the main roster for new people and allows the product to freshen up.

WWE typically releases people after Wrestlemia and I'm sure FEW will end up on either Impact or AEW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think that's how it should work. I think there's a naturaly cycle where wrestlers come and go, which ultimately helps everyone. WWE releases a few guys, or a few guys quit for whatever reason and that allows the indy scene to get people with nationale exposure. It also creates opportunitis on the main roster for new people and allows the product to freshen up.

WWE typically releases people after Wrestlemia and I'm sure FEW will end up on either Impact or AEW.
    The likes of Dallas, Axel, Dillinger, Hawkins, and Ryder have more potential with AEW than WWE.

I would even argue Wyatt, Ziggler, Owens, and Zayn. They could easily be top talent at AEW.

The likes of Dallas, Axel, Dillinger, Hawkins, and Ryder have more potential with AEW than WWE.

I would even argue Wyatt, Ziggler, Owens, and Zayn. They could easily be top talent at AEW.
    Really any mid-card guy in WWE has the potential to be top talent outside of the WWE, because they're people with national exposure.

But I actually think as far as talent goes, AEW is a bigger threat to ROH and Impact than the WWE. If even half the promises that they made at the rally end up being true, I think people in Impact and ROH will want to jump ship. WWE is pretty much fine no matter what, because between RAW, Smackdown and NXT they have twice the talent they'll ever need.

Ultimate Member

Zack Ryder comes to mind as one that would probably do better in AEW. At least they wouldn't intentionally bury him for DARING to get over without their permission. Aiden English, Curt Hawkins, Tyler Breeze, etc are all other possibilities.

The fact that they got Chris Daniels, Jericho, and PAC/Neville onboard is exciting.

Ziggler had his chance to jump and ended up renewing. He's getting paid 7 figures now and I doubt AEW will pay that much for a guy who's half assing in this stage of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Zack Ryder comes to mind as one that would probably do better in AEW. At least they wouldn't intentionally bury him for DARING to get over without their permission. Aiden English, Curt Hawkins, Tyler Breeze, etc are all other possibilities.

The fact that they got Chris Daniels, Jericho, and PAC/Neville onboard is exciting.
    Really I think pretty much ANY long time mid-card guy is a potentially good candidate to try their luck elsewhere (if they're not flat out released anyways). If you've been there awhile and you haven't been pushed hard yet odds are descent you probably won't be, especially with the crop of NXT people who are probably going to be called up. And they have legit chance at being main eventers outside the WWE because of their national exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ziggler had his chance to jump and ended up renewing. He's getting paid 7 figures now and I doubt AEW will pay that much for a guy who's half assing in this stage of his career.
    I actually don't think Ziggler will leave either. Money aside, I think he's actually been used reasonably well lately. He hasn't gotten a Cena level push, but he's had some good matches in some high profile feuds with top stars. He hasn't necessarily WON those feuds, but he's being kept in the spotlight. If he's getting a 7 figure deal on top of that, I'd think he's reasonably happy.

Ultimate Member

Yeah I agree that Ziggler likely isn't leaving WWE. They're paying him a lot of money to just kind of coast and be the "gatekeeper" on Raw essentially. I don't see him giving that up to jump to what's admittedly just a concept right now.

Supposedly The Elite are trying to get Mayu Iwatani to sign with AEW as well. Brandi did do a tour with STARDOM if I remember correctly and has talked about the amazing female Japanese talent that she saw.

Yeah I agree that Ziggler likely isn't leaving WWE. They're paying him a lot of money to just kind of coast and be the "gatekeeper" on Raw essentially. I don't see him giving that up to jump to what's admittedly just a concept right now.

Supposedly The Elite are trying to get Mayu Iwatani to sign with AEW as well. Brandi did do a tour with STARDOM if I remember correctly and has talked about the amazing female Japanese talent that she saw.
    I think womens wrestling is an area where AEW might have to play catch up the most. WWE has made it a point to showcase womens wrestling, while Impact's Knock Out Divison has been pushing womens wrestling pretty well for quite some time. There doesn't seem to be any real buzz on the womans division from AEW so far. I'm sure they can snag quite a few from Japan or whatever that most casual fans have never heard of, but one or two established names would be nice. I don't think Brandi counts, no offense to her.

Ultimate Member

Also they made a point of saying that men and women would be paid the same in AEW, which could be very telling.

Astonishing Member

Also they made a point of saying that men and women would be paid the same in AEW, which could be very telling.
    Translation, no one is getting fat checks or everything is incentives based.

Or it could be a tier system.Top of the card, midcarder, and enhancement talent.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I actually don't think Ziggler will leave either. Money aside, I think he's actually been used reasonably well lately. He hasn't gotten a Cena level push, but he's had some good matches in some high profile feuds with top stars. He hasn't necessarily WON those feuds, but he's being kept in the spotlight. If he's getting a 7 figure deal on top of that, I'd think he's reasonably happy.
    Ziggler is being used well but it's hard for me to get behind a guy I know is coasting and going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007
    Mayu is working the MSG show and a STARDOM that weekend. AEW might have to wait to get her to commit.