Page 268 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1682182582642652662672682692702712722783183687681268 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also they made a point of saying that men and women would be paid the same in AEW, which could be very telling.
    If that's LITERALLY true, then honestly I'm not sure that's an improvement.

Yes, it potentially means the curtain jerkers are better able to make a living. But to me at least it makes sense that a AJ Styles would earn more than a Curtis Hawkins. I think performers who are able to better entertain the crowd and generate more money deserve to get paid more. Maybe that's just my capitalist western mind set.

ASSUMING they get Omega, is he really going to get the exact same paycheck as everyone else in the lockeroom? I don't know... we'll see how long this system lasts, or if it'll even actually work out that way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Translation, no one is getting fat checks or everything is incentives based.

Or it could be a tier system.Top of the card, midcarder, and enhancement talent.
    I think that it might be more that midcarders will get paid the same man or women, same with top stars, and so on. Now obviously there might be exceptions (like I could see Kenny getting paid more than anyone because he's likely to be the face of the brand), but that'd be the general idea.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ziggler is being used well but it's hard for me to get behind a guy I know is coasting and going through the motions.

Mayu is working the MSG show and a STARDOM that weekend. AEW might have to wait to get her to commit.
    It's all up in the air right now obviously, but I've heard that Mayu might not work the MSG show after all, we'll see. Honestly if she were to leave STARDOM theoretically, I think that this would be a better fit for her than WWE would be.

I could see New Day jumping en masse to AEW.

Kofi is on his final year of a 3 year deal, Woods was extended in 2018 so he's on borrowed time, Big E's was over in 2018 but extended so he's on borrowed time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 cut at some point after WM.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-09-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How? What Mandy is doing a classic heel move. Getting under the skin of face through someone they care about.
    Maybe that's it. I just hope they don't go the Lana/Dolph/Rusev/Summer Rae thing.

It just became a cluster .

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I could see New Day jumping en masse to AEW.

Kofi is on his final year of a 3 year deal, Woods was extended in 2018 so he's on borrowed time, Big E's was over in 2018 but extended so he's on borrowed time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 cut at some point after WM.
    I have serious doubts that the WWE would cut the most popular black people on the roster, especially given how much merch they move and how big they are on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I have serious doubts that the WWE would cut the most popular black people on the roster, especially given how much merch they move and how big they are on social media.
    That aside, I always thought the New Day had fun in the WWE. It seems like they have a good deal of creative imput in what they do, since I have trouble imagining Vince coming up with half the stuff they do. And though they are a good team wrestling wise, they almost shine more as sports entertainers, which is the WWE's thing. Half their TV appearances they don't even wrestle.

So I'd sort of be suprised if they left.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Maybe that's it. I just hope they don't go the Lana/Dolph/Rusev/Summer Rae thing.

It just became a cluster .
    Unless Sonia falls for Mandy I don't see this feud becoming anything close to that cluster ****.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Paige and Mauro Ranallo contracts expire this year. The latter would be a major get for AEW if they can poach him.

So apparently Jericho had talks to return to wwe but they went south fast.

Honestly, nothing of value would be lost if Mauro left.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Honestly, nothing of value would be lost if Mauro left.
    Nothing would be lost if their best announcer left?
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

If he was their best announcer, maybe, but he's not. Not even close, really.

Astonishing Member

If he was their best announcer, maybe, but he's not. Not even close, really.
    Who would be considered their best announcer then? Or ones that are in between the best and Mauro?

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If that's LITERALLY true, then honestly I'm not sure that's an improvement.

Yes, it potentially means the curtain jerkers are better able to make a living. But to me at least it makes sense that a AJ Styles would earn more than a Curtis Hawkins. I think performers who are able to better entertain the crowd and generate more money deserve to get paid more. Maybe that's just my capitalist western mind set.

ASSUMING they get Omega, is he really going to get the exact same paycheck as everyone else in the lockeroom? I don't know... we'll see how long this system lasts, or if it'll even actually work out that way.
    Ah but that's the Ryback arguement. AJ Styles entertains the crowd cause he's allowed to. If Vince says so he can have a massive losing streak and be stuck in a midcard storyline like Bobby Roode is. Remember Cody left because he was better than Stardust but wasn't allowed to show it.

Entertaining the crowd doesn't mean much when the stars fans want pushed get buried and the ones they hate get pushed.

There should be a gap somewhere between top star and midcarder but it shouldn't be that high considering the main difference of how you're going to be booked is depending on how Vince feels that morning.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/