Page 276 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1762262662722732742752762772782792802863263767761276 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So will he compete in the Royal Rumble or go straight to 205 Live?
    I think the safest guess is always NXT. Debuting people there FIRST then bringing them up to the main roster seems to be be a good formule. AJ has been the exception.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the safest guess is always NXT. Debuting people there FIRST then bringing them up to the main roster seems to be be a good formule. AJ has been the exception.
    205 guys have also been expections. Most of the principal 205 guys never had runs on NXT. Lio Rush is the youngest guy in the roster and he didn't have much of a run on NXT TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    205 guys have also been expections. Most of the principal 205 guys never had runs on NXT. Lio Rush is the youngest guy in the roster and he didn't have much of a run on NXT TV.
    True, in the case of most of the NXT guys they debuted on the Cruiser Weight classic first.

But that's similar to debuting in NXT, in that it's a "smarter" crowd than the main roster one. So they're more likely to give a good reaction to any indy wrestler debuting.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Yeah, I do think AEW potentially hurts Impact and ROH more than anything else. It'll be interesting to see if any of them will start working together more as the wrestling landscape changes. Competition could hurt each other... but as we saw with WWE and WCW in some circumstances competition can also help.
    I kinda hope they do the free agent route where several of the wrestlers are allowed to be at RoH, AEW and Impact. I mean I've seen Madison Rayne perform at RoH, Rise and the Mae Young Classic. Tessa is signed with Impact but she's been on Rise and also was at All In.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    I kinda hope they do the free agent route where several of the wrestlers are allowed to be at RoH, AEW and Impact. I mean I've seen Madison Rayne perform at RoH, Rise and the Mae Young Classic. Tessa is signed with Impact but she's been on Rise and also was at All In.
    If nothing else, I'd like to see free Agency just to see how many names Johnny Impact/Mundo can rack up. I'm sure Johnny Elite is just around the corner if they can work things out.

I think in the short term free agency will happen. But if/when AEW really gets big, I suspect they will be less likely to share top talent the same way Impact/TnA started to be when they began to grow a bit. Though guys like Omega and Jericho will likely be able to do whatever the heck they want.

Speaking of Ring of Honor at the tapings last night

spoilers:
    Juice Robinson of NJPW form a stable called Lifeblood formed with fellow former NJPW young lion and tag team partner David Finlay and compose with new members that are signed with the promotion like Bandido, Mark Haskins, "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams and last but not least Tenille Dashwood fka Emma.
    end of spoilers
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Finally watching NXT Takeover UK....that's is a potential PPV of the year right there

NXT UK Takeover might have even been better than wrestlekingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    NXT UK Takeover might have even been better than wrestlekingdom
    I don't think NXT UK or 205 Live get the attention they deserve. On the right day, they wrestling wise can be as good as anything else out there. The cool thing about the WWE is that it's big enough to provide an alternative to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sounds like Viacom is making room for a 1 hour live combat sports show on CBS, Tuesdays this fall, at 10PM.

Take that as you will.
    Viacom and CBS Corporation are still separate companies at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Finally watching NXT Takeover UK....that's is a potential PPV of the year right there
    That last match was non-stop spectacular. Interested to know what move they were going for on the top ropes though. Seems like that was supposed to be the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    That last match was non-stop spectacular. Interested to know what move they were going for on the top ropes though. Seems like that was supposed to be the finish.
    Honestly it worked better with the botch. it tied into the story of how much it took out of them and how intense a physical contest it was

Astonishing Member

I don't think NXT UK or 205 Live get the attention they deserve. On the right day, they wrestling wise can be as good as anything else out there. The cool thing about the WWE is that it's big enough to provide an alternative to itself.
    damn right they dont

time for CHASING THE MAGIC
    the nigel mcguinness story
    featuring interviews with kurt angle seth rollins Daniel bryan samoa joe Michael cole les thatcher cesaro aj styles brian Kendrick paul london
    + other behind the scenes stuff rather shitty of wwe not to take him in 2009

Last edited by steve2275; 01-13-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Reading somewhere that Lars Sullivan is nowhere to be found (He's no showed twice now).

Feel sorry for him, seems to be having mental health issues. Given the nature of pro-wrestling at the highest level, I'm not sure its an appropriate career choice for him. But then again, I don't know the nature of his illness.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Reading somewhere that Lars Sullivan is nowhere to be found (He's no showed twice now).

Feel sorry for him, seems to be having mental health issues. Given the nature of pro-wrestling at the highest level, I'm not sure its an appropriate career choice for him. But then again, I don't know the nature of his illness.
    based on what i've been reading, he might be dealing with severe anxiety issues and coming from someone who suffers from it, it's not a fun time for him.