Page 280 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1802302702762772782792802812822832842903303807801280 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    If we're being real, Ted Turner played this game too.
    Sure.

If we're being real, 2019 is nothing like the 80s and 90s when Ted got involved.

The new guy on the block has no instant TV to block out prime time for.

It's either going to sink real fast or be swimming in 3 years.

If we're being real.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    I'd be happy to see this! Elias has definitely earned a shot at the IC title. He's good on the mic, he's over, and he's decent in the ring.

I'm happy to see Finn get a title shot, but my guess is they keep it on Lesnar until WM and have Seth win over Brock then.
    That's most likely how it's going to play out. I would even argue to Vince that Balor is more over than Rollins too. Especially Demon Balor.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The only reason they might not want to do that is because they might wanna do that with Becky if they want her facing Ronda.
    Luck of the Irish!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also if Balor loses, it'd kind of feel like a repeat of Brock vs. AJ and Brock vs. DB as well.
    This scenario comes with its good and bad. Brock's best matches during his title reign have, ironically, been against Styles and Bryan and he is looking forward to working with Balor. So even though Lesnar is going to win, the chance of him putting effort into the match is extremely high.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    That's most likely how it's going to play out. I would even argue to Vince that Balor is more over than Rollins too. Especially Demon Balor.

Luck of the Irish!

This scenario comes with its good and bad. Brock's best matches during his title reign have, ironically, been against Styles and Bryan and he is looking forward to working with Balor. So even though Lesnar is going to win, the chance of him putting effort into the match is extremely high.
    Asuka and Nakamura both won the Rumble last year. Maybe we'll get another sweep for a given ethnicity this year. It could be the year of the fighting irish.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Asuka and Nakamura both won the Rumble last year. Maybe we'll get another sweep for a given ethnicity this year. It could be the year of the fighting irish.
    I swear I was just thinking that too! They both came up short but, hopefully, Asuka will walk in and out of Wrestlemania as Smackdown Women's Champion and Nakamura will regain the United States Championship and bring back Nakamerica.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Other sports have off-seasons ... I think that would do wrestling a world of good to have off-seasons.
    You don't need an off season but planned extended vacation would help out. Injury and suspension angles would help with this. At least, so the performers know that there is a storyline waiting for them when they get back.

Plus, it gives other performers room to shine during the main stars vacation.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I think staggered breaks would help. Three months on, month off. Not only would it help break up stale feuds, but lower injuries as well.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    She's not officially on RAW, Cole said that the new call-ups would be on both shows for a couple of weeks to showcase them basically(unless I completely misheard what he said). Probably won't get official destinations til after the Rumble.
    Good call! I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    You don't need an off season but planned extended vacation would help out. Injury and suspension angles would help with this. At least, so the performers know that there is a storyline waiting for them when they get back.

Plus, it gives other performers room to shine during the main stars vacation.
    I watch a lot of Japanese wrestling ... tours are awesome. Some scheduled breaks would be great. But what you are saying would help if it guarantees that EVERYBODY gets one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

What are everybody's thoughts on Mandy Rose's towel attire last week and Alexa Bliss' topless scene from last night?

I felt Rose's had more of a story to it whereas Bliss' just felt forced.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What are everybody's thoughts on Mandy Rose's towel attire last week and Alexa Bliss' topless scene from last night?

I felt Rose's had more of a story to it whereas Bliss' just felt forced.
    Mandy Rose towel covers her up more than her ring gear. There's nothing raunchy about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Mandy Rose towel covers her up more than her ring gear. There's nothing raunchy about it.
    I don't think it had anything to do with what was shown but rather the implication of what could be shown. Ring gear holds up, towels don't.

I should have written my previous comment better.

What are everybody's thoughts on the angles that were being used?
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 01-15-2019 at 06:40 PM.

I don't think it had anything to do with what was shown but rather the implication of what could be shown. Ring gear holds up, towels don't.
    I know the implication they're going for. It falls flat with how much she shows on a weekly basis. She needs to send Jimmy her Instagram pics for this feud to have the intend affect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I know the implication they're going for. It falls flat with how much she shows on a weekly basis. She needs to send Jimmy her Instagram pics for this feud to have the intend affect.
    I think the story has the added benefit that Mandy doesn't care about Jimmy. She's doing all of this just to screw with Naomi. Plus, they had her reveal backstage that she had her ring gear underneath the towel so it just made Jimmy look like a goof.

For Alexa, it seemed very out of character for her to have that segment. While she does have sex appeal, I don't think she's the right female superstar to do that sort of segment with.

I think the story has the added benefit that Mandy doesn't care about Jimmy. She's doing all of this just to screw with Naomi. Plus, they had her reveal backstage that she had her ring gear underneath the towel so it just made Jimmy look like a goof.

For Alexa, it seemed very out of character for her to have that segment. While she does have sex appeal, I don't think she's the right female superstar to do that sort of segment with.
    I'm not watching Raw so I don't know what's happening with Raw. All I know is Otis showing up on her segment for some reason.

It's crazy that Cien Almas and Rey Mysterio had that kind of match on free tv. It could have been a WrestleMania match.