Page 281 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1812312712772782792802812822832842852913313817811281 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not watching Raw so I don't know what's happening with Raw. All I know is Otis showing up on her segment for some reason.
    It already has 2.4M views too with Strowman flipping over the limo at 2.5M views. ...So sex sells and so does flipping ****.

Astonishing Member

...Well this has all gone to ****. Between Mandy being a horrible actress and the reveal of Naomi executed poorly. This has run its course.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Mandy angle played out like a badly acted attitude era segment. Everything was terrible.

Astonishing Member

It's crazy that Cien Almas and Rey Mysterio had that kind of match on free tv. It could have been a WrestleMania match.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they let that happen on Smackdown. Would have been a huge Wrestlemania moment for Almas.

Whoops, I guess we're supposed to just call him Andrade now.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 01-15-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sure.

If we're being real, 2019 is nothing like the 80s and 90s when Ted got involved.

The new guy on the block has no instant TV to block out prime time for.

It's either going to sink real fast or be swimming in 3 years.

If we're being real.
    Honestly, it all hinges on what AEW wants to be. Outbidding the WWE for people just doesn't seem like something to brag about(or really talk about).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Honestly, it all hinges on what AEW wants to be. Outbidding the WWE for people just doesn't seem like something to brag about(or really talk about).
    Being able to outbid WWE can be significant depending on how many shows they plan to run a year. If guys can work less dates for more money that would be too good to pass up. With the possibility of healthcare why even consider working for Vince?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, what about merch? Do they get downside guarantees like the WWE does? WWE does healthcare too so I don't see how that matters at all. Less dates is less exposure and while I don't particularly like the WWE's organ-grinder schedule, they run enough TV/live dates to get people exposure.

Ultimate Member

The Mandy angle played out like a badly acted attitude era segment. Everything was terrible.
    Which were my thoughts from the beginning. These sort of segments never work out sensibly.

That plus Mandy Rose can’t act to save her life.

God did I love Becky Lynch's throat punch. It was just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they let that happen on Smackdown. Would have been a huge Wrestlemania moment for Almas.

Whoops, I guess we're supposed to just call him Andrade now.
    If PPV's weren't co-branded, this probably would have been on PPV. But because Smackdown only gets half the matches on a card, most of those likely title matches, the reality is Almas probably wouldn't make it into most PPVs. So he really needs to shine on Smackdown until he either gets a belt or becomes a legit main eventer.

That said it certainly was a PPV quality match (like you would expect from these two). Hopefully this is helps him get to where he actually can get on PPVs.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-15-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Being able to outbid WWE can be significant depending on how many shows they plan to run a year. If guys can work less dates for more money that would be too good to pass up. With the possibility of healthcare why even consider working for Vince?
    I imagine if AEW can actually survive it's business model, it'll end up a lot like WCW. They'll likely start attracting the older more established talent to high end contracts with limited dates, forcing WWE to create new stars. Which they can easily do now that they have NXT.

AEW will likely have to end up spending millions... which is OKAY so long as they're making millions. They just need to avoid the same pot holes WCW did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If PPV's weren't co-branded, this probably would have been on PPV. But because Smackdown only gets half the matches on a card, most of those likely tag matches, the reality is Almas probably wouldn't make it into most PPVs. So he really needs to shine on Smackdown until he either gets a belt or becomes a legit main eventer.

That said it certainly was a PPV quality match (like you would expect from these two). Hopefully this is helps him get to where he actually can get on PPVs.
    Good point, didn't even think of that. I think there should have been more of a build to it though. I can't remember when it was, maybe a year or two ago, but Smackdown used to have these "pay-per-view" feels to certain weeks. Titles were on the line and everything. I think it was on the off months due to Raw having that monthly pay-per-view. Anyways, I would like to see that brought back, especially if they don't have the television time on actual pay-per-view events.

Astonishing Member

It already has 2.4M views too with Strowman flipping over the limo at 2.5M views. ...So sex sells and so does flipping ****.

that's what about 400k more than watched actual raw
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Good point, didn't even think of that. I think there should have been more of a build to it though. I can't remember when it was, maybe a year or two ago, but Smackdown used to have these "pay-per-view" feels to certain weeks. Titles were on the line and everything. I think it was on the off months due to Raw having that monthly pay-per-view. Anyways, I would like to see that brought back, especially if they don't have the television time on actual pay-per-view events.
    In hindsight YES this match should have had more build up. Hopefully this is the start of something bigger, because they definately stole the show.

And aside from the match qualtiy, the fact that Almas won was kinda cool. Between Ali beating Bryan awhile back and Almas beating Rey, I do feel as though Smackdown at least is making good on the whole Fresh Start thing the McMahons have been hyping. RAW not so much, but Smackdown I think is showing some effort here

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    that's what about 400k more than watched actual raw
    That's sex appeal for you.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In hindsight YES this match should have had more build up. Hopefully this is the start of something bigger, because they definately stole the show.

And aside from the match qualtiy, the fact that Almas won was kinda cool. Between Ali beating Bryan awhile back and Almas beating Rey, I do feel as though Smackdown at least is making good on the whole Fresh Start thing the McMahons have been hyping. RAW not so much, but Smackdown I think is showing some effort here
    I hope it's the start of something too. I think they can do a lot with some interesting match types.

I'm enjoying the fresh feel that Smackdown is doing with certain characters. Some of them have a lot of potential but some of them are falling horribly flat. In some cases, that's due to the writing, in others, that's due to the wrestler.

Raw is just starting with the fresh feel and has quite some way to go. Lashley becoming Intercontinental Championship was a step in the right direction along with pushing Balor as a main event talent.