Page 291 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 19298
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, they definitely pushed him in a conventional sense. Hugely unpopular Heel Cole and Ultra-******* Miz constantly burying him on NXT making him look like the biggest underdog ever until he got eliminated and showed back up again with Nexus. The only thing they didn't see coming was Mattel freaking out over him choking Justin Roberts out using Justin's own tie and forcing them to release him, which worked out in divorcing him from the group and setting up him beating Miz for the US Title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, they definitely pushed him in a conventional sense. Hugely unpopular Heel Cole and Ultra-******* Miz constantly burying him on NXT making him look like the biggest underdog ever until he got eliminated and showed back up again with Nexus. The only thing they didn't see coming was Mattel freaking out over him choking Justin Roberts out using Justin's own tie and forcing them to release him, which worked out in divorcing him from the group and setting up him beating Miz for the US Title.
    That was sort of unconventional though. At the time it was pretty rare for the lead announcer to go out of their way to bury a heel or face in that matter out of the blue like that. It was smart and it worked, but its outside the usual playbook.

Him going back to the indies after getting fired and returning to face Nexus was pretty out in left field. I think thats part of what helped him. His push just seemed different.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Daniel Bryan has had an almost continuous push for just about the entire time he's been an active wrestler in the WWE with a couple of lulls thrown in. I couldn't think of a *worse* example for "internet flavor of the month."
    The revisionist history is strong here.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Except that it's not.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and here comes the phantom champion.

braun cleared or not?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    braun cleared or not?
    They wouldn't put him in a match if he weren't. Especially running into the ring post like that.

so..........let me get this straight.

it was ok for brock to suplex finn outside of the ring in front of the ref and the match goes on but a f-5 in the ring is a no-no?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    They wouldn't put him in a match if he weren't. Especially running into the ring post like that.
    then.............sigh.

nvm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so..........let me get this straight.

it was ok for brock to suplex finn outside of the ring in front of the ref and the match goes on but a f-5 in the ring is a no-no?
    Finn was thrown at Lesnar. I'm okay with letting that go since Lesnar didn't purposely get involved unlike the F-5 at the end.

Honestly...WWE should throw a curve and let Balor win this weekend. Let Lesnar put Strowman over at Wrestlemania with Balor/Rollins II for the Universal Championship.

the colgate kid is her.e

Astonishing Member

What happens with McIntyre when he loses the Rumble. I don't see him going for the Intercontinental Championship until Elias wins it from Lashley. He'll more than likely stay on Raw too. Unless he's Rollins' first opponent after Wrestlemania.

Oh hey revival

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Finn was thrown at Lesnar. I'm okay with letting that go since Lesnar didn't purposely get involved unlike the F-5 at the end.

Honestly...WWE should throw a curve and let Balor win this weekend. Let Lesnar put Strowman over at Wrestlemania with Balor/Rollins II for the Universal Championship.
    Yeah, I was going to say that. Balor technically initiated the contact with Lesnar outside the ring, albeit inadvertently. It's a grey area, but I can buy it

ANd the more I watch this feud, the more I think Balor is actualy going to win. If you had asked me 2 weeks ago I would have said that Lesnar vs ROllins at Wrestlemania was a lock. But WWE is actually getting me to believe that Balor will win this.

Astonishing Member

Why does the Lucha House Party have a match every week? Has the crowd ever been engaged in their matches?