Page 298 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398798 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 19298

Jack swagger won his debut mma fight. first round submission. and r truth accompanied him by rapping

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Jack swagger won his debut mma fight. first round submission. and r truth accompanied him by rapping
    Made up for Jack. Always been a big fan.

Ultimate Member

So Takeover Phoenix:

spoilers:
    -Ricochet vs. Gargano was fantastic.

-The Tag Match was really good.

-Ohno vs. Riddle was solid.

-The Women's title match was, decent. Belair's inexperience showed at times, but she definitely has potential and could be a big star with more seasoning. And Shayna was, well Shayna. Now hopefully this sets up Kairi getting redemption by beating Shayna for the title (and getting an actual impressive reign this time).

-Black vs. Ciampa was a good match, but not great. I kind of feel like Black was a victim of this Gargano vs. Ciampa neverending story. His title reign was never pushed as the big deal that it should have been, and then he had to drop it to further more of the Gargano/Ciampa stuff, and he's felt like the third wheel ever since as well. If Black is going up to the MR, then hopefully he gets a big push because the guy has star potential. But with the MR creative, I'm not confident.
    end of spoilers

Overall, a solid show, but not one of the best Takeovers.

like cm punk they threw him a bone for his debut. unlike punk he handled the guy accordingly.

i thought the main event of takeover was great but kind of hurt by the crowd. black is the total package, the guy has a cool character, unique look, crisp xciting offense, can sell & bump.

Astonishing Member

taking a break fron takeover phoenix to watch ring of honor wrestling on KOMO 4 seattle
    nwa world champion nick aldis stops by the commentary table joining ian riccababi and colt cabana
    "the darewolf" pj black takes on juice robinson who will sticking around roh
    words fron the kingdom and capriice cole stops by to help ian and colt acommentate LOL
    what does mike law think he's gonna do against shane taylor spoilers:
    nothing
    end of spoilers
    and later the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROH_Wo...m_Championship
    will defended by the kingdom against villian enterprises (brody king pco and marty scurll) swerve
    time for
    WWE Chronicle
    Paige
    January 26, 2019
    http://network.wwe.com/video/v252236...Context=series
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-27-2019 at 06:09 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

like cm punk they threw him a bone for his debut. unlike punk he handled the guy accordingly.

i thought the main event of takeover was great but kind of hurt by the crowd. black is the total package, the guy has a cool character, unique look, crisp xciting offense, can sell & bump.
    Love that Jake's still using the "We the People" tagline.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

liked the main event too. i think it was just burn out from the crowd. was a great night of wrestling so i didn't expect them to be uber hype for it like ricochet/gargano.

once again, i fall more in love with ciampa with each match. his psychology is on point. my favorite spot, that probably a lot of people missed, was after eating a black mass, ciampa just.........rolls over on his stomach. it wasn't much but it was enough to make it harder for black to win. you can even see it on black's face when he did it and it was like "dude, really?!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It didn't think the main-event was good. It took a while for Black and Ciampa to get pass first gear. By the time they did I was already tuned out. The finisher spam hurt it too. It was worst match of the night for me

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The differences between Punk & Swagger is what we have to understand here and why Punk was a bigger long shot to win at MMA given what we see.

CM Punk : 1st UFC fight was at 38.

Jack Swagger : 1st UFC fight was at 36.

Years in Pro Wrestling : CM Punk was a Pro wrestler for 15 years. His one year he held the World title 435 days and stepped into the ring 200+ times in that span according to stats.

Jack Swagger : Jack Swagger has been wrestling 12 years. He has worked a reduce schedule on the indies since his WWE release in 2017.

During training Punk had injury issues and it set his fights back. Swagger seems in better physical shape at this stage and doesn't seem to have suffered any setbacks. So of course Swagger being younger , not so much wear on his body has a better shot at MMA than CM Punk ever will have.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The differences between Punk & Swagger is what we have to understand here and why Punk was a bigger long shot to win at MMA given what we see.

Years in Pro Wrestling : CM Punk was a Pro wrestler for 15 years. His one year he held the World title 435 days and stepped into the ring 200+ times in that span according to stats.

Jack Swagger : Jack Swagger has been wrestling 12 years. He has worked a reduce schedule on the indies since his WWE release in 2017.

During training Punk had injury issues and it set his fights back. Swagger seems in better physical shape at this stage and doesn't seem to have suffered any setbacks. So of course Swagger being younger , not so much wear on his body has a better shot at MMA than CM Punk ever will have.
    The biggest different between Punk and Swagger is Swagger was legitimately a wrestler. Punk is just a fan who was allowed to train and get in the octagon. Swagger doesn't have Brock Lesnar level resume, but he at least had SOMETHING.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Swagger amateur background gives him a major advantage over Punk. He was a collegic athlete before going into pro wrestling. He'll have a better chance at succeeding.

Incredible Member

Nakamura Champ again, on another note, HBK's eye has gotten lazier

Asuka retains! Good match. Now to see where both of their paths lie by Wrestlemania.

Ultimate Member

Great match. Both of them looked awesome, and hopefully WWE does the smart thing and has Becky win the Rumble now (Lana being out is a convenient way to put her in there).

One thing that I will say, and I've said it before, is that I wish that there was more of a balance between the men and women when it comes to submissions, especially for the babyfaces.

Lol, Miz and Shane, new Smackdown Tag Champs! Fun match.