Page 303 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If both are heels though, so I'm not sure that will lead to an actual feud. Not that I would mind if it did.

It is sort of interesting though that when a new person was introduced, the first thing a lot of people thought about was them feuding with Charlotte. Or at least that's what was going through my mind. Charlotte vs Lacey. Charlotte vs Rhea. Charlotte vs Io.
    I don't see Shirai getting called up any time soon. I have a feeling they will team her up with Kairi to build up the women tag division.

Rhea is NXT UK so I don't expect to be main roster at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see Shirai getting called up any time soon. I have a feeling they will team her up with Kairi to build up the women tag division.

Rhea is NXT UK so I don't expect to be main roster at all.
    That's the thing... I think they might call up Io and Kairi to build up the tag division. They potentially set up something with the Riot Squad, though these things don't always lead to anything.

Astonishing Member

That's the thing... I think they might call up Io and Kairi to build up the tag division. They potentially set up something with the Riot Squad, though these things don't always lead to anything.
    I want a Jumping Bomb Angels 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan
    I want a Jumping Bomb Angels 2.0
    Who would be the Glamour Girls?
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Astonishing Member

I think it's bigger than just winning the title or even beating Brock though. I think this is his chance to be the face of the company. He's going to be put in the position of a Roman Reigns or a John Cena for the first time. Assuming of course he wins, but I think he will.
    Becky is the face of the company and her match is going to be the most anticipated at Wrestlemania. Rollins has been the face of the Men's Division on Raw since Reigns left and Strowman lost all of his momentum. Rollins is a superb in-ring competitor but nobody wants to see another WWE Superstar put in the position of a Cena or Reigns. WWE has enough talent for more than one WWE Superstar to share the load.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Thought it was still an excellent match. I actually thought the awkwardness somewhat helped as it told kind of a story of differing in-ring styles and them not used to having to face opponents like each other. I do think Becky and Ronda will mesh better.
    It wasn't a bad match by any means. If anything, it showed how Sasha is, without a doubt, one of the best female WWE Superstars in regards to promo work and in-ring talent. (Certainly Ronda's best overall opponent to date.) So it was certainly a great showing for Sasha and a good match for Ronda to gain experience from. But the clashing was incredibly noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Becky is the face of the company and her match is going to be the most anticipated at Wrestlemania. Rollins has been the face of the Men's Division on Raw since Reigns left and Strowman lost all of his momentum. Rollins is a superb in-ring competitor but nobody wants to see another WWE Superstar put in the position of a Cena or Reigns. WWE has enough talent for more than one WWE Superstar to share the load.

It wasn't a bad match by any means. If anything, it showed how Sasha is, without a doubt, one of the best female WWE Superstars in regards to promo work and in-ring talent. (Certainly Ronda's best overall opponent to date.) So it was certainly a great showing for Sasha and a good match for Ronda to gain experience from. But the clashing was incredibly noticeable.
    There's always a top guy. Which isn't to say that the load shouldn't be shared, but sooner or later someone establishes themselves as THE guy. And I think a big part of the reason Strowman lost so much momentum (apart from him being injured) is because I don't necessarily think the WWE is entirely confident that Strowman belongs in that position. Whether or not Rollins can fill the shoes of a Cena or a Roman is a question mark as well, BUT in the least he's likely better equiped to do it than Braun.

But you bring up a good point about Becky. Maybe for the first time in the companies history the legit main event face of the company will be a female. In the least it's fair to say right now Becky is hotter than Rollins.

Honestly, having a singular top guy is an outdated ideology. Outside of WWE, companies always had group of top guys. New Japan for decades had the three musketeers, All Japan the four pillars, Impact in its early years had the X-division, and so on. Current WWE don't even rely on stars anymore. They push the brand itself over anyone guy.

Astonishing Member

If both are heels though, so I'm not sure that will lead to an actual feud. Not that I would mind if it did.

It is sort of interesting though that when a new person was introduced, the first thing a lot of people thought about was them feuding with Charlotte. Or at least that's what was going through my mind. Charlotte vs Lacey. Charlotte vs Rhea. Charlotte vs Io.
    Yeah, Lacey and Charlotte don't work right now. Lacey needs some wins under her belt before she is over enough to do heel vs heel.

Honestly, having a singular top guy is an outdated ideology. Outside of WWE, companies always had group of top guys. New Japan for decades had the three musketeers, All Japan the four pillars, Impact in its early years had the X-division, and so on. Current WWE don't even rely on stars anymore. They push the brand itself over anyone guy.
    In New Japan, I'd argue Omega was clearly the top guy in at least the last year or so. I don't disagree that the WWE brand isn't bigger than any ONE guy... but nonetheless one person pretty much always emerges as the face of the company. Roman was the most recent, and prior to that was obviosuly Cena. Which isn't to say that it's not still a group effort... but everyone knew Cena was THE guy. And Roman was in that spot afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yeah, Lacey and Charlotte don't work right now. Lacey needs some wins under her belt before she is over enough to do heel vs heel.
    Because of her gimmick, Lacey's first feud would probably be with someone like Carmella or Nikki Cross. Someone who maybe isn't necessarily a classy lady by conventional definition.

Astonishing Member

There's always a top guy. Which isn't to say that the load shouldn't be shared, but sooner or later someone establishes themselves as THE guy. And I think a big part of the reason Strowman lost so much momentum (apart from him being injured) is because I don't necessarily think the WWE is entirely confident that Strowman belongs in that position. Whether or not Rollins can fill the shoes of a Cena or a Roman is a question mark as well, BUT in the least he's likely better equiped to do it than Braun.

But you bring up a good point about Becky. Maybe for the first time in the companies history the legit main event face of the company will be a female. In the least it's fair to say right now Becky is hotter than Rollins.
    Strowman's loss of momentum and WWE's confidence of him being THE guy aren't that relevant though. Reigns had been THE guy for years and would have continued to be so even if Strowman beat Lesnar at No Mercy. The only reason Strowman lost his momentum was because he was put in a story line that wasn't meant for him and suffered because of it. Vince held all talent back in favor for Reigns and it came back to bite him in the ass because he put all of his eggs in one basket. Rather than giving Strowman some credibility and the WWE Universe satisfaction throughout his hot streak, he's an inch away from the point of being irreparably damaged.

Rollins is an incredible top talent but he's also had multiple matches that the WWE Universe have chanted "boring" throughout and he also considered it a "modern miracle" that the writing for Raw and Smackdown came together as well as it did. Granted he's been upping his in ring work to try and engage the crowd more but, as Bryan pointed out, the WWE Universe is fickle and Rollins has a hard time holding in his emotions.

Becky is the hottest thing in WWE and has been since her invasion on Raw. Even her submission loss against Asuka didn't halt her momentum because she got the biggest reaction of the night when she won the Royal Rumble. Everybody knows it's leading towards her against Ronda at Wrestlemania and they want to actually see that. The only thing left to do is put Becky over in the main event and give her that Wrestlemania moment. A moment that's been missing from Wrestlemania for years.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 01-28-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Strowman's loss of momentum and WWE's confidence of him being THE guy aren't that relevant though. Reigns had been THE guy for years and would have continued to be so even if Strowman beat Lesnar at No Mercy. The only reason Strowman lost his momentum was because he was put in a story line that wasn't meant for him and suffered because of it. Vince held all talent back in favor for Reigns and it came back to bite him in the ass because he put all of his eggs in one basket. Rather than giving Strowman some credibility and the WWE Universe satisfaction throughout his hot streak, he's an inch away from the point of being irreparably damaged.

Rollins is an incredible top talent but he's also had multiple matches that the WWE Universe have chanted "boring" throughout and he also considered it a "modern miracle" that the writing for Raw and Smackdown came together as well as it did. Granted he's been upping his in ring work to try and engage the crowd more but, as Bryan pointed out, the WWE Universe is fickle and Rollins has a hard time holding in his emotions.

Becky is the hottest thing in WWE and has been since her invasion on Raw. Even her submission loss against Asuka didn't halt her momentum because she got the biggest reaction of the night when she won the Royal Rumble. Everybody knows it's leading towards her against Ronda at Wrestlemania and they want to actually see that. The only thing left to do is put Becky over in the main event and give her that Wrestlemania moment. A moment that's been missing from Wrestlemania for years.
    Oh, I agree that Roman would have likely been the top guy regardless of whether or not Strowman beat Lesnar. But the situation changes once Roman is out of the equation... you lost the guy who was the face of the company, and they need to build up someone to fill that void. Strownman in theory was set up to do that... but Rollins simply was the better choice. So instead of having Braun be the guy who defeats Lesnar for the belt, they pass it onto Rollins. And beating Brock means more for Roman if Brock has already lost to Braun. And YES... Brauns credibiity takes a hit in order to give Rollins the biggest possible WM push they can. But given Rollins is a much better long term investment, I'd say it's worth it.

I do think Rollins may struggle in that top spot.. but he's far better equiped to be in that position than Braun. Hence Braun being where he is, and Seth being where Seth is. THey will probably get bored with Braun far quicker than they would with Seth, because plain and simply Braun is nowhere near as good as Seth. Not in the ring, and not on the mic. WWE has done a pretty good job of hiding Brauns short comings so far... but that's still a much bigger gamble long term than Seth.

In New Japan, I'd argue Omega was clearly the top guy in at least the last year or so. I don't disagree that the WWE brand isn't bigger than any ONE guy... but nonetheless one person pretty much always emerges as the face of the company. Roman was the most recent, and prior to that was obviosuly Cena. Which isn't to say that it's not still a group effort... but everyone knew Cena was THE guy. And Roman was in that spot afterwards.
    If anyone was the top guy in New Japan for the last year it had been Okada and then Tana after he won the G1. Kenny hasn't done anything of note since winning the belt.

If anyone was the top guy in New Japan for the last year it had been Okada and then Tana after he won the G1. Kenny hasn't done anything of note since winning the belt.
    Omega is not only the top guy in New Japan, he's the top guy in the industry not counting anyone in the WWE. Omega leaving New Japan hurts New Japan more than it hurts Omega. Not that they won't be fine without him... but he's frankly outgrown them.

Astonishing Member

Oh, I agree that Roman would have likely been the top guy regardless of whether or not Strowman beat Lesnar. But the situation changes once Roman is out of the equation... you lost the guy who was the face of the company, and they need to build up someone to fill that void. Strownman in theory was set up to do that... but Rollins simply was the better choice. So instead of having Braun be the guy who defeats Lesnar for the belt, they pass it onto Rollins. And beating Brock means more for Roman if Brock has already lost to Braun. And YES... Brauns credibiity takes a hit in order to give Rollins the biggest possible WM push they can. But given Rollins is a much better long term investment, I'd say it's worth it.

I do think Rollins may struggle in that top spot.. but he's far better equiped to be in that position than Braun. Hence Braun being where he is, and Seth being where Seth is. THey will probably get bored with Braun far quicker than they would with Seth, because plain and simply Braun is nowhere near as good as Seth. Not in the ring, and not on the mic. WWE has done a pretty good job of hiding Brauns short comings so far... but that's still a much bigger gamble long term than Seth.
    I'm not sure how you can claim that each WWE Superstar is where they're at without considering how they've been booked recently.

Strowman has never won a match that has mattered since his height in popularity. Most recently, not only did they turn Strowman Heel after Reigns completed his "journey" toward the Universal Championship but they also had Strowman lose the Money in the Bank contract. They stripped him of his connection with the WWE Universe and the potential of finally seeing him win the big one. The booking was so poorly written that we were supposed to see Strowman's loss at Crown Jewel as a "screw job" rather than a squash. Then, they have Strowman look incredibly vulnerable with a cast on his arm while other WWE Superstars beat his opponent for him only to later be stripped of his Universal Championship opportunity. He's a Monster whose booking has turned him into an Underdog. Yet he STILL gets a decent reaction from the WWE Universe.

Seth Rollns has been Intercontinental Champion on and off since last year's Wrestlemania, reformed with The Shield, and became Tag Team Champion. Two of his main feuds throughout they year have had "boring" chants in them.

The only argument that makes Rollins seem "better equipped" is because he's been protected in the mid-card while Strowman has been vulnerable in the main event.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 01-28-2019 at 04:00 PM.