Page 319 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419819 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Well, no cable, got a test to study, and smack dab celebrating Chinese New Years this week aka my Dad keeps screaming for help...Has made me feel a tad ragged.
    well, the man came out. steph told her to see a doctor to get her leg checked out. the man didn't take that well. steph suspended becky. the man beat the crap out of her.

then ronda came out and jobbed out 2/3 of the riot squad.

and ronda seemed extra pissed tonight.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well, the man came out. steph told her to see a doctor to get her leg checked out. the man didn't take that well. steph suspended becky. the man beat the crap out of her.

then ronda came out and jobbed out 2/3 of the riot squad.

and ronda seemed extra pissed tonight.
    ...What a night.

Astonishing Member

I'm becoming less opposed to having Charlotte in the match.

Suspending Becky cools off some of the attention this match has and should be able to regain the momentum the closer it gets to Wrestlemania. The problem is that there's still 2 months until Wrestlemania and I really don't think Ronda can help carry this feud. There's no story for her other than showing up at Wrestlemania. Adding Charlotte into the match will give this feud a true heel.

damnit. EC3's first match on the main roster and he might be hurt.

Astonishing Member

There is such a huge disconnect between Raw's roster and the usage of that roster. On paper, Raw has an INCREDIBLE roster. I would even argue that their roster has more main event depth than Smackdown's. Yet, I'm much more excited about the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match than anything Raw is producing.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    There is such a huge disconnect between Raw's roster and the usage of that roster. On paper, Raw has an INCREDIBLE roster. I would even argue that their roster has more main event depth than Smackdown's. Yet, I'm much more excited about the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match than anything Raw is producing.
    well smackdown actually has a champion there week to week and he actually seems to enjoy what he does.

Ultimate Member

I'm really not liking the "injury angle" that they're doing with Becky:

-First of all, she just go over a real injury not too long ago, so do we REALLY need to have her fake one now, seriously?

-I fear that they'll use it as an excuse to have her lose a "Mania qualifying match" to Charlotte, or to take her off TV, both of which would be stupid right now. Seriously, you're suspending her NOW, really?

-It makes her look fearful/paranoid for not wanting to see a doctor.

-Etc.

It just feels really lame honestly.

On a more positive note though, at least they didn't have Becky get steamrolled by Steph and Ronda was MUCH better here than last week (she needs to be more angry from now on, it works better for her).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well smackdown actually has a champion there week to week and he actually seems to enjoy what he does.
    That's true and I think that's what makes the WWE Championship continuously desired and enjoyable rather than allowing 1 WWE Superstar the chance to face the Universal Championship every 4 months.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm really not liking the "injury angle" that they're doing with Becky:

-First of all, she just go over a real injury not too long ago, so do we REALLY need to have her fake one now, seriously?

-I fear that they'll use it as an excuse to have her lose a "Mania qualifying match" to Charlotte, or to take her off TV, both of which would be stupid right now. Seriously, you're suspending her NOW, really?

-It makes her look fearful/paranoid for not wanting to see a doctor.

-Etc.

It just feels really lame honestly.

On a more positive note though, at least they didn't have Becky get steamrolled by Steph and Ronda was MUCH better here than last week (she needs to be more angry from now on, it works better for her).
    This injury angle needs to be dropped immediately. Becky doesn't need an injury to be the underdog going into Wrestlemania. The only thing they should have done was build Ronda as a ruthless competitor and that alone would make Becky the underdog.

I didn't even think Stephanie was acting as the heel in that scenario either.

Ultimate Member

I'm also not particularly interested in them doing another "heel McMahon/authority figure" thing either if that's where they're going, enough of that already.

Also suspending Becky NOW is just dumb.

Also it'd help if the injure LOOKED more devastating. Like as much as I didn't like the Sasha one from a few years back, at least there they made Charlotte destroying her legs/knees a big thing in their match at Roadblock. With this, it looked like Becky tweaked her knee a bit, that's all. They didn't do nearly enough to sell it as such a big deal imo.

And the problem with the "Becky doesn't trust doctors" is it makes her look flat-out stupid. She was taken out of the SS match, because SHE NEEDED TO BE!! She had a broken face and a concussion, they'd have been negligent to let her compete. And fans don't want to Becky be an idiot I'd imagine.

I fear like they're setting it up to be "Becky's fault" that it becomes a triple threat (hopefully I'm wrong there) and, ugh if that happens.

Astonishing Member

The feud needs a Heel to help give it the slightest edge of being unpredictable and believing Becky can lose. The best way to do this is either bring Charlotte in or have Ronda go Austin from Wrestlemania 17 and side with Stephanie.

Edited: I'm still nowhere near 100% thinking Becky is going over at Wrestlemania but that's due to Vince's horrible booking reputation.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 02-04-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

The problem is, Stephanie didn't say of do anything particularly heelish here. She actually came across as perfectly reasonable, and Becky looked stupid and childish.

Also it doesn't help that people know that Seth is limited right now due to a real injury. So with your top male babyface injured, having your top female one stuck in a fake injury angle (which WWE almost never does well either) seems, mis-timed.

Also people are tired of the "evil McMahon/Authority" stuff (they've been going to that well for 20+ years now and it's long since played itself out), so potentially getting it again isn't particularly exciting for many people.

If they need a heel, then have Ronda embrace the boos and turn heel.

The suspended Austin and ran an injury angle right after he came back.

He kicked the crap outta people till he was reinstated so Vince could control him more.

I betcha they run an Austin angle on Becky with Steph ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

That's precisely the problem, they've been trying and failing to recapture that for 20+ years. Do something new for goodness sake.

It's like with Brock, they've been doing pretty much the same story with him since he ended Taker's streak. And they're basically rehashing his Mania storyline from last year beat for beat for beat.

They are so utterly incapable of coming up with new/interesting ideas that they use "copy and paste" more than college students trying to finish a term paper, and college students aren't even being paid to write stuff.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 02-05-2019 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    This injury angle needs to be dropped immediately. Becky doesn't need an injury to be the underdog going into Wrestlemania. The only thing they should have done was build Ronda as a ruthless competitor and that alone would make Becky the underdog.

I didn't even think Stephanie was acting as the heel in that scenario either.
    I don't think it's just a matter of making her the underdog, though that's part of it. I think its a way to keep Becky and Ronda away from each other for now. Brand split isn't enough because Becky already established she'll go to RAW anytime she pleases.

Its too early for them to get physical.