Page 321 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421821 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Asuka doesn't make sense. Becky is a Raw baby now.Asuka isn't dropping the belt any time soon. They haven't even brought up a Challenger yet.

DA MELTZ is grasping at straws.
    It sounds more like they're transferring Rhonda's story to Asuka. To me at least.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Asuka doesn't make sense. Becky is a Raw baby now.Asuka isn't dropping the belt any time soon. They haven't even brought up a Challenger yet.

DA MELTZ is grasping at straws.
    Becky is still officially Smackdown. She's allowed on Raw because she's challenging Rousey for her title. She'll need to win the title to fully make the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That probably means wants a raise from the wwe. He already has a fairly light schedule, so he's probably not that unhappy.
    I think Randy wants something new. What's left for him to do in WWE? He's just spinning his wheels now. Jumping ship might light a fire under his ass.

Astonishing Member

Orton hasn't been that entertaining in awhile. He's still talented but they don't give him anything and he's showing it. He really should go after Lesnar for next year's Mania to get that horrible SummerSlam match out of people's memories.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Orton's hurting for money. If he's looking elsewhere, a raise isn't going to be what convinces him to stay.

orton could be the ultimate heel in a place like AEW using his "dive" heat, plus he has history with cody that could be interesting.

I have to disagree. Looks the WWE is trying to make Becky the top face via storyline. Setting her up against Steph stortwise makes her a big deal. They did the same with Rousey.

They built Becky as a heel, and to their surprise, she became a face, so now they have to match their booking with the fans support.

Charlotte and Becky is a dead fued. If Rhonda is taking time off, then that leaves Becky with no dance partner of relevance.

Enter the McMahons.
    ronda needed it though(crowd was always on the verge of booing her), becky does not.

it might just be me, i was never a huge austin fan and got really sick of austin vs mackman way before it reached its end. to be honest i'm not a huge fan of "the man"/badass becky either. i think she's a great talent but i liked her better before they tried to turn her heel and ended up with what we have now.
    that said i'm not particularly looking forward to a austin mackman rehash with becky.

they have nothing but time and talent to build somebody up for becky post mania. a proper feud with nia would make sense actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Or she wins and Asuka is "unfinished business." Because if THIS is the story that they're going with with her, she absolutely NEEDS to win at Mania. You don't deconstruct her character or whatever they're doing when she's super-over, only to then have her lose in the end, that'd be the dumbest option possible.

But it's WWE, they've done dumb stuff like that a lot, so I cannot put it past them unfortunately (I'm looking at you Triple H vs. Booker T at WrestleMania 19).
    they might not see it as her losing in the end though. they might see asuka & the title rematch win as a way to bring becky back from a loss at mania.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-07-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

"the bone soldier" Taiji ishimori vs hiromu takahashi in the best of the super junior tournament 25 final

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1093328904230588416
    EXCLUSIVE: Everybody at @fullsail (including @KaylaBraxtonWWE) is all about the #BugezCruise... and we've got the proof in this unaired moment from tonight's #WWENXT!
    JD approved LOL
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-07-2019 at 04:08 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    orton could be the ultimate heel in a place like AEW using his "dive" heat, plus he has history with cody that could be interesting.

ronda needed it though(crowd was always on the verge of booing her), becky does not.

it might just be me, i was never a huge austin fan and got really sick of austin vs mackman way before it reached its end. to be honest i'm not a huge fan of "the man"/badass becky either. i think she's a great talent but i liked her better before they tried to turn her heel and ended up with what we have now.

they have nothing but time and talent to build somebody up for becky post mania. a proper feud with noa would make sense actually.

they might not see it as her losing in the end though. they might see asuka & the title rematch win as a way to bring becky back from a loss at mania.
    Which would be a really dumb thought on their part, and people would justly crap all over them if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Which would be a really dumb thought on their part, and people would justly crap all over them if they did that.
    yeah, but i'm not sure they really care. fans will still cheer for becky and people will say "the loss really didn't hurt becky at all" as if that's some kind of accomplishment.

yeah, but i'm not sure they really care. fans will still cheer for becky and people will say "the loss really didn't hurt becky at all" as if that's some kind of accomplishment.
    If they can main event Wrestlemania then win, lose or draw its an accomplishment. Its obviously a bigger accomplishment if she wins though.

Astonishing Member

There's no bigger story for Becky than going up against Ronda. While I truly believe they're not going to put Becky over at Wrestlemania, there's going to be a significant dip in her fanbase when she loses. Putting her against Asuka won't save that because people like Asuka and WWE views Smackdown Champions as 2nd rate. So it won't really matter if she beats Asuka and becomes Smackdown Women's Champion when she couldn't win the match that people wanted her to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    There's no bigger story for Becky than going up against Ronda. While I truly believe they're not going to put Becky over at Wrestlemania, there's going to be a significant dip in her fanbase when she loses. Putting her against Asuka won't save that because people like Asuka and WWE views Smackdown Champions as 2nd rate. So it won't really matter if she beats Asuka and becomes Smackdown Women's Champion when she couldn't win the match that people wanted her to win.
    Honestly if she loses I think she'll just get more popular. Her popularity really exploded when she lost to Charlotte and turned on her. People will perceive Becky losing as WWE screwing her again, and push for her even harder. It's the Daniel Bryan effect. She won't cool down UNTIL she achieves her goal. That's when it stops becoming this meta thing, and she just becomes a very very very over face. THe whole cruasade to bring her to the top will be complete.

Fightful is reporting that the Usos contracts expire in April and they haven't renewed yet. Please leave and feud with the Guerrillas of Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Fightful is reporting that the Usos contracts expire in April and they haven't renewed yet. Please leave and feud with the Guerrillas of Destiny.
    That's a complicated one similar to Dean, because you've got a wrestler whose spouse works for the company. And she's got Total Divas to boot.

Usos have been used PRETTY WELL in the WWE. But I think the problem with tag team wrestling is you run out of stuff to do after a certain point. There's only so many times you can win the tag belts before it sort of stops meaning anything. If AEW can offer them fat contracts with a lighter schedule (along with his wife down the line), I could see it happening I suppose. That said, I doubt they're that unhappy in the WWE. Again, they're used pretty well for a tag team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly if she loses I think she'll just get more popular. Her popularity really exploded when she lost to Charlotte and turned on her. People will perceive Becky losing as WWE screwing her again, and push for her even harder. It's the Daniel Bryan effect. She won't cool down UNTIL she achieves her goal. That's when it stops becoming this meta thing, and she just becomes a very very very over face. THe whole cruasade to bring her to the top will be complete.
    The only way it'll make Becky more popular is if Stephanie or Charlotte screws her over in the match. Having Ronda beat her clean will do absolutely nothing for Becky but only make people hate Ronda even more. It has to be a screwjob.

The Daniel Bryan/Stone Cold effect only works if you put over the WWE Superstar AT Wrestlemania. Viewership is at its highest and the moments are the most memorable at Wrestlemania. So unless they plan on stretching this out for another year, there's no better time to put Becky over.

If they plan on Becky losing, Vince might as well put Rollins/Lesnar last because people are getting tired of the wrong person winning at the end of Wrestlemania. Well, that's if they plan on Rollins winning.