Page 323 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423823 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    WWE really does not need to play Montreal 2.0 when they already have Austin 2.0 going on.

That will force fans to leave and be terrible for Rhonda. Montreal 2.0 only works with Rhonda punching the shit out of Steph. Becky's not leaving ...

They really need to do something different.

Giving the women recycled men's storylines is garbage.
    It has nothing to do with Becky leaving but everything to do with keeping the story line continuing. (If that's the route they're going.) Ronda is already getting booed, might as well make her go full Heel. What better way to do that than align herself with Stephanie? Ronda will eventually have to become Heel since none of the other Four MMA Horsewomen are Faces.

Another option is include Charlotte as the McMahon's chosen one. It saves Ronda from having to turn Heel and will take the heat of Becky losing.

Recycled men's storylines is arguably better than anything they've come up with the women for awhile. Between Alexa/Nia and Mandy/Naomi, they're not that enjoyable.

They should have just continued the same story telling as when Becky was attacking Charlotte during their feud. Photoshoots, person in the crowd. Anything to put herself over rather than relying on others to do it for her.

Ultimate Member

People were already hot for the Becky vs. Ronda stuff, if anything adding the McMahon's has made things far more divisive.

There is no, I repeat NO, justifiable reason for Becky NOT to win at Mania, none. Not after all of this buildup and not since they've started doing this "is it all bravado and is she really scared and insecure" nonsense. After that, she'd BETTER win. Having her not win because WWE is obsessed with "getting heat" is a terrible justification. It's why they suck a building over babyfaces these days, because they're obsessed with getting heat the heels above all else, and don't know when to actually reward fans for their patience/investment.

Go back and watch those old Raw's, Vince very rarely truly got one over on Austin (and even if he did Austin usually got his revenge relatively quickly). And he WON, and people LOVED it. He wouldn't have gotten nearly as over if they'd constantly had him losing and not giving fans payoffs. Also Vince could get his heel heat back easily anyway.

It's more important to protect an over babyface when you have one than a heel. Because it's A LOT easier to get heat back on the heels than it is to have a babyface recover their momentum once you've squandered it.

WrestleMania is supposed to be about big payoffs. Imagine how WrestleMania 30 would have been received if Daniel Bryan DIDN'T get his big payoff. People would have crapped all over it and rightfully so. The same is true with Becky this year.

No, Becky should win and she and the fans should get their payoff. Worry about what comes after afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    People were already hot for the Becky vs. Ronda stuff, if anything adding the McMahon's has made things far more divisive.

There is no, I repeat NO, justifiable reason for Becky NOT to win at Mania, none. Not after all of this buildup and not since they've started doing this "is it all bravado and is she really scared and insecure" nonsense. After that, she'd BETTER win. Having her not win because WWE is obsessed with "getting heat" is a terrible justification. It's why they suck a building over babyfaces these days, because they're obsessed with getting heat the heels above all else, and don't know when to actually reward fans for their patience/investment.

Go back and watch those old Raw's, Vince very rarely truly got one over on Austin (and even if he did Austin usually got his revenge relatively quickly). And he WON, and people LOVED it. He wouldn't have gotten nearly as over if they'd constantly had him losing and not giving fans payoffs. Also Vince could get his heel heat back easily anyway.

It's more important to protect an over babyface when you have one than a heel. Because it's A LOT easier to get heat back on the heels than it is to have a babyface recover their momentum once you've squandered it.

WrestleMania is supposed to be about big payoffs. Imagine how WrestleMania 30 would have been received if Daniel Bryan DIDN'T get his big payoff. People would have crapped all over it and rightfully so. The same is true with Becky this year.

No, Becky should win and she and the fans should get their payoff. Worry about what comes after afterwards.
    I'm not sure the argument about them protecting the heel here necessarily fits, because there is no heel (unless Charlotte is injected or unless Ronda actually turns). It's a matter of choosing which fave to put over. Though I agree, Becky should win.

Becky should lose because she has yet to be reconstructed fully so she can deconstruct the authority figure.

Then she can have feel good wins against Asuka and Rousey.

And when she finally wins at WM in a year or two, it will be because she aligns with the heel authority.

The plot points are already there and they are already recycling it.

I don't see WWE doing the right things and giving Becky the strong win at WM. Dusty at best, convoluted shenanigans at worst.

Steph is too much liker her dad, Hell, she's worse. She wants to be in the lime light AND look good. At least Vince knew when to take the beating.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

And Vince, at least back in the day, did know when to pay things off well. I'm not sure when WWE forgot that fact, but it's not helping them? You need to capitalize on something at the right time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

AEW announced a partnership with AAA and Kenny Omega is an executive vice president. Thanks to the former they won't partner with New Japan.

Word going around is that AEW tried and failed to sign two wwe wrestlers whose contracts came due

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

If Rousey really is leaving after Mania, Becky has to win or she looks weak.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    If Rousey really is leaving after Mania, Becky has to win or she looks weak.
    I thought the consensus was Becky will win?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AEW announced a partnership with AAA and Kenny Omega is an executive vice president. Thanks to the former they won't partner with New Japan.
    I will officially be watching AEW now and support it so much as I can.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    People like to talk themselves out of it actually happening. Pretty funny, actually.

Astonishing Member

When ever it involves Vince making the right call, it all boils down to "I'll believe it when I see it."

so is excalibur with AEW??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah, but i'm not sure they really care. fans will still cheer for becky and people will say "the loss really didn't hurt becky at all" as if that's some kind of accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they can main event Wrestlemania then win, lose or draw its an accomplishment. Its obviously a bigger accomplishment if she wins though.
    see what i mean?? WWE know best.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    There's no bigger story for Becky than going up against Ronda. While I truly believe they're not going to put Becky over at Wrestlemania, there's going to be a significant dip in her fanbase when she loses. Putting her against Asuka won't save that because people like Asuka and WWE views Smackdown Champions as 2nd rate. So it won't really matter if she beats Asuka and becomes Smackdown Women's Champion when she couldn't win the match that people wanted her to win.
    i agree with most of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    WWE really does not need to play Montreal 2.0 when they already have Austin 2.0 going on.

That will force fans to leave and be terrible for Rhonda. Montreal 2.0 only works with Rhonda punching the shit out of Steph. Becky's not leaving ...

They really need to do something different.

Giving the women recycled men's storylines is garbage.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    This would probably be a bad idea:

1. If it means that Becky might lose at Mania, then that'd be the stupidest freaking thing that they could possibly do.

2. If Becky can beat Charlotte, go toe to toe with Asuka and BARELY lose, and (hopefully) beat Ronda, then no way should Stephanie be any match for her.

3. If this is meant to be Austin vs. McMahon, Vince was willing to look like a fool, let Austin get the better of him constantly and in many different ways. Stephanie hasn't shown that she's willing to commit to that, heck even this week she didn't sell much of Becky's speech AND she had to get that last shot in on Becky's knee.

4. Etc.
    that might be their justification for having her lose to ronda

i was hoping to attend PWG 200 but unexpected xpenses ruined that for me. fuuuuuuuk. the new venue looks sweet and i hear shows actually start on time now(eat a dick legion larry).
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-08-2019 at 12:52 AM.

The vig Wrestlemania matches are usually pretty predictable. That said, there are a FEW exceptions (like Roman losing to Brock) which can plsnt5a seed of doubt. And I suppose thats a good thing. Its funner when you are only 90% sure of something rather than 99.99% sure. A little doubt is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    so is excalibur with AEW??

see what i mean?? WWE know best.

i agree with most of that.

agreed.

that might be their justification for having her lose to ronda

i was hoping to attend PWG 200 but unexpected xpenses ruined that for me. fuuuuuuuk. the new venue looks sweet and i hear shows actually start on time now(eat a dick legion larry).
    Im not really saying the WWE knows best 100% of the time. Merely that 2 women main eventing WM for the first time shoyld feel like a vig accomplishment for both Ronda and Becky regardless of whether they win or lose. Even in a loss I think both will have something they can be proud of.